2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

You have to think one of those Georgia QBs hit the portal if Shaw gets the starting job, which its kinda looking that way. 

If Monken leaves and a new OC comes in that could completely change things but right now it looks like the job is Shaw’s to lose. 

Who is Shaw?

Still think Freeze pulls someone after Aday. History says it doesn’t matter if the Qb comes in January compared to August if it’s the right guy.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Still think Freeze pulls someone after Aday. History says it doesn’t matter if the Qb comes in January compared to August if it’s the right guy.  

I completely agree. There are some cases where a QB can come in to a program in the summer and win the job, if he's the right guy. CHF can't really say too much right now without upsetting QBs in the house. It's possible one of them could still end up the starter in Sept, but I just don't think that will happen. We have good QB coaches right now, but they are not miracle workers.

• Like 1

Im not giving up on WW just yet. I know all the signs right now seem to point to Clemson, but I don't know ...I feel a weirdness around this recruitment. Could be from the lack of comments from our Mods and "insiders"....but I am holding out hope that he commits to the good guys Friday lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

...but I am holding out hope that he commits to the good guys Friday lol.

yikes-cringe.gif 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

.but I am holding out hope that he commits to the good guys Friday lol.

He can't sign until next December so there's that. We'll have 10 months to flip him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Im not giving up on WW just yet. I know all the signs right now seem to point to Clemson, but I don't know ...I feel a weirdness around this recruitment. Could be from the lack of comments from our Mods and "insiders"....but I am holding out hope that he commits to the good guys Friday lol.

You might be on to something. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee he’ll pick Auburn, but he’s talking here like he’s already made his decision:

”White shared with 247Sports how he feels about Auburn:

‘When I went to Auburn one of the first things and how they introduced things, all the coaches met me at the front of the facility. It was very cool. That was the first time it happened for me. It was really special for me, it showed everyone on the staff knew I was coming and all made a point to meet me and my family. We went on a facility tour which is a beautiful facility and I got to meet with their strength coach. Me and him clicked really quickly and I understand I’ll be working a lot with him. I loved their staff and they all seemed to really like me and my family. We had a good time hanging with the staff to get to know everyone. Just getting to be around Coach Freeze and Coach Montgomery along with Coach Austin and Coach Stone, their offensive staff is very impressive to me how intelligent and experienced that offensive staff room is in working with the quarterbacks. My biggest thing is development of quarterback and I see myself getting to my best at Auburn’.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/walker-white-4-star-qb-out-of-arkansas-sets-commitment-date-and-names-1-sec-team-among-top-3/

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He can't sign until next December so there's that. We'll have 10 months to flip him.

You're right Mikey. But if CHF turns his interest to '24 QB 1b Merklinger (who is a very high 4*) I would think we have a good chance at reeling him in. If so that would also be a big win, but would probably end our hopes with White who Freeze thinks is the very best QB out there, regardless of rankings. Our QB gurus (HF, PM, and KA) will land us a good one that's for sure.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AUINSY said:

You might be on to something. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee he’ll pick Auburn, but he’s talking here like he’s already made his decision:

”White shared with 247Sports how he feels about Auburn:

‘When I went to Auburn one of the first things and how they introduced things, all the coaches met me at the front of the facility. It was very cool. That was the first time it happened for me. It was really special for me, it showed everyone on the staff knew I was coming and all made a point to meet me and my family. We went on a facility tour which is a beautiful facility and I got to meet with their strength coach. Me and him clicked really quickly and I understand I’ll be working a lot with him. I loved their staff and they all seemed to really like me and my family. We had a good time hanging with the staff to get to know everyone. Just getting to be around Coach Freeze and Coach Montgomery along with Coach Austin and Coach Stone, their offensive staff is very impressive to me how intelligent and experienced that offensive staff room is in working with the quarterbacks. My biggest thing is development of quarterback and I see myself getting to my best at Auburn’.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/walker-white-4-star-qb-out-of-arkansas-sets-commitment-date-and-names-1-sec-team-among-top-3/

That’s a pretty glowing review!!!

I have no access to inside information, but as far as a timeline…..

The guy goes to visit his top 2 schools, AU first, then Climpsun.  After those visits are over he sets the date for his commitment. 
So people start to assume he is committing to CU because that was his last visit.   But maybe, just maybe, it’s because he has seen enough of his top two schools to make a decision and he will choose AU.   Maybe.   Just maybe.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

What can I say, I’m an Auburn fan!   I love setting myself up for disappointment.   It’s what we do.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

QB's commit extremely early. If you miss on White, you need to move your attention to the next guy immediately. They can't let every QB on the board commit elsewhere and then spend 10 months hoping you're going to flip this kid from a school (Clemson) that doesn't lose many commitments.

By the way, White has indicated that he's not taking any other visits after he commits. This isn't a "I'm committing today, but I'm still taking all my official visits" type recruitment.

If you remember this past class, the reason why Brock Glenn was the only QB worth a crap to recruit is because everyone else had already long committed to other schools and was off the board. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, metafour said:

J.Lee just dropped an interesting update. 

no-question-about-it-ready-to-get-hurt-a

If this happens after he committed to Clemson, then it'll put everyone on notice 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

If this happens after he committed to Clemson, then it'll put everyone on notice 

Looking and can't find a single thing. What was it?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Suggested Auburn is still very much in it. I really want this kid, so I’m not getting my hopes up. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So you’re saying he already committed this past weekend? 

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

There was a phOne call/meeting last night thaT may haVe swayed things back towards us. 

• Like 3