Softball vs Illinois (NFCA Day 3)

Holy smokes what a shot by Widra!!!! Homerun and 10-0 Auburn!

Our 2 starting pitchers in the games Maddie didn't start have homers today.  Lol

Let's get a run or two and close them out in 5th for an easy day. 

Sounds like Sickles is the Ace for Illinois with 21ks yesterday. Glad they didn't start her today.  She made quick work of us. 

I'm ready for the SECN coverage with Kasey Cooper on the call again

Looks like he's wanting Shelby to be our closer this year since he has fresh arms. We always know she could help in long relief or a start if needed. 

Really impressed with this team today, glad to see the ball leave the yard again. I would’ve been really interested to see how our starters fare against their ace, Sickels, but I understand the move to go to our bench when it’s 10-0 lol. 

Great game for Auburn today.  Nice quick work.  Good weekend overall.  Scored 6 or more runs in every game when you look at it.  A million strikeouts by our pitchers 😆.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Looks like he's wanting Shelby to be our closer this year since he has fresh arms. We always know she could help in long relief or a start if needed. 

could just be getting her a few innings early on in the season until perhaps we get to conference play.  Not wanting to push her too much, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Great game for Auburn today.  Nice quick work.  Good weekend overall.  Scored 6 or more runs in every game when you look at it.  A million strikeouts by our pitchers 😆.  

Agreed. Outside of the Pitt game, I thought we looked really good. But again, I have the feeling that if Penta and Lowe (or even Widra) had pitched to start and end that game we probably win 7-0. 

• Like 1

Rough break for KY. They had retaken a 7-4 lead but there is a deadline rule that passed and reverted back to last completed inning. Ends in tie. Can you imagine if Texas had the lead that inning? 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Rough break for KY. They had retaken a 7-4 lead but there is a deadline rule that passed and reverted back to last completed inning. Ends in tie. Can you imagine if Texas had the lead that inning? 

That’s a joke. What a terrible rule. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

That’s a joke. What a terrible rule. 

Not sure if a tournament rule or NCAA rule.  

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Not sure if a tournament rule or NCAA rule.  

Either way, ridiculous to take a win away from a team with one out remaining. I understand the rule to some degree but maybe it should read finish the current inning or something 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WarTiger said:

could just be getting her a few innings early on in the season until perhaps we get to conference play.  Not wanting to push her too much, but I could be wrong.

Yeah - it seems like Lowe will be the closer during preseason. Widra will be a solid #3 in the circle and played well at 3rd. I’m sure we will continue to see Rolfe and Tresvik get a few more appearances againstesser competition early on, as well.

Hopefully we get Bryant and Packer healthy over the next few weeks. The team can really make some noise.