Here and there

API50

Merril Johnson dislocated his elbow. Probably out a month or so.

Mix and Irons hurt and carried to East End Memorial in an ambulance. Mix is OK and Irons has bruised ribs.

Cox hot in his passing. Had god protection. Cox, who hit 7-9 passes in the first half of the scrimmage, finished with 13-19 (68.4%) for 188 yards with three touchdowns and one interception that wasn’t his fault.

Booker improved to- day. He may end up being the No.2 QB.

Gibbs still po'd at the defense. Seems like we can't cover our receivers, although D. Irons looks good in man coverage. The DL isn't consistent. D. Marks pushing for a starting job at DT.

"I know it sounds crazy, but you saw my senior (Wayne Dickens) quit," he (Dunn) said. ...Dickens was unable to finish the running drills after practice... "So, we are not going to put up with quitters and if they are not tough they need to transfer."

WoW!! I believe alll the D coaches were pi--ed off with only Whitt being the possible exception.

If you know what is good for you, you will listen to API50. I did, it pays...

Mix and Irons are fine, btw, just bruised up.

BTW, I like that kind of hitting.

Heard someone say that they were looking forward to meeting Herbstreit...... :big:

Hope this doesn't mean our defense is resting on last year's laurels. I've had some worry about whether a 15-0 streak would weaken us mentally. I sure hope the defense gets it's collective head together before Sept. 3rd. On the other head, while I don't know Gibbs, I do know CTT is not going to tolerate a poor defense.

Remember last year? Heh. I sure do. Our offense SMOKED our defense. Hehe. I believe I read many articles on where our offense was running all over them. :) Borges knows how to coach the offense.

Ok, but on the other side.. if our defense is playing so poorly, why is our running game suffering? Or is it our defensive secondary mostly?

Our secondary is not getting the best reviews in the world but having to practice against our WR's can only help them i would think.

Archived