Baseball vs SE Louisiana

Going to 7 with Tigers up 6-1, pitching obviously adequate. Starting with Bauman, Carlson, and Armstrong on the mound now. Cole continues. Feel correct in saying 7 hits in last 8 AB’s. He is solid as rock at SS also. 

• Like 2

Going to 8 leaving a man on 3rd. Expecting a gorgeous day on the Plains tomorrow with first pitch at 2:00. Good lord willing I will be at PP. Forecast Sunday not cheerful.

Thank you for the updates.

Still 6-1? I’m not where I can hear it. 

Bauman gave up 1 run on 7 hits over the first 4 innings.  Three relievers nada over the final five.  I hope we don't wear out Armstrong.  Some timely hitting, Ike Irish looks like the real deal.  As @SaltyTigerpointed out, Cole Foster is en fuego right now...4 for 5 on the night with a HR and 4 RBI.  

Nate LaRue is so valuable behind the plate, possibly the only kid in America calling his own pitches, but man is he struggling with a bat in his hand.  Everybody please say a prayer for him to break out of his funk....please Lord. PLEASE.

Meanwhile the Updykes drop their first to  baseball powerhouse Columbia in Tuscaloosa 😏

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

1 2 3 inning from Armstrong. Going to B8. 

After this weekend expecting full crowds at Plainsman Park and more participation on this board

Fwiw, I appreciate those like you that breakdown the games for all the sports. I’m often unable to watch or listen but enjoy reading back through threads like this one for a recap. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Game 2 

up 2-0 B4. Double header today anticipating weather tomorrow. Beautiful afternoon in East Alabama.

BTW. 3 years ago today college baseball canceled due to COVID. Seems everything went to hell in hand basket about that time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fishepa said:

How the hell do we lose to SE Louisiana?

Went through a lot of pitching. Put forth an effort in B9 and fell short. SE is a scrappy team that can get on base and run. 

https://www.secsports.com/boxscore/baseball/401517500

https://www.secsports.com/boxscore/baseball/401517501

WDE anyway. Today is a new day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fishepa said:

They score more than we do. 

• Haha 2

On 3/11/2023 at 9:37 PM, fishepa said:

Pretty well accepted that Butch and ‘Rock are still trying to figure out what they’ve got in terms of pitching and which guys can do what. Additionally, Butch has proven he understands what is important in terms of wins and losses. Pretty sure the end goal is still Omaha, but for now it is simply 15+ conference wins by Hoover. One word of caution for those that might live or die on every game…don’t jump off the roof if things go ugly this weekend. There will still be 27 more opportunities to get the aforementioned 15. Lots of time for some of these pitchers to learn what they need to be doing, but most will need to be able to fail some to figure  it out. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty well accepted that Butch and ‘Rock are still trying to figure out what they’ve got in terms of pitching and which guys can do what. Additionally, Butch has proven he understands what is important in terms of wins and losses. Pretty sure the end goal is still Omaha, but for now it is simply 15+ conference wins by Hoover. One word of caution for those that might live or die on every game…don’t jump off the roof if things go ugly this weekend. There will still be 27 more opportunities to get the aforementioned 15. Lots of time for some of these pitchers to learn what they need to be doing, but most will need to be able to fail some to figure  it out. 

Just remember last year before conference play Auburn lost to MTSU in a weekend series. And they made it to Omaha. Not saying they will again but it doesn't mean they're gonna collapse this season

• Thanks 1