Friday Scrimmage Tidbits

aubiefifty

here are some tidbits from the scrimmage today.

Few notes leaked today from the situational scrimmage. I'm sure some others will see some things to add.

OL is looking good. Faulk still looking like the real deal. Hunter and Alston had a good day. Fairweather had a TD today.

TJ is still looking like the best QB. Holden looked good today though and only had a couple of bad throws. Ashford had 3 turnovers.
Jarquez had a 50 yd TD.

Justin Rogers, Marcus Harris and Jayson Jones each got a sack.

D J James got a pick 6 off Robby.

Battie had a good scrimmage.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Faulk still looking like the real dea

Running with the 2's behind Macalister 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

a quality QB1 in the portal..

There isn't going to be a "QB1" in the spring portal.

We might get a QB3, but that's still an improvement over having a bunch of QB5-7s

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Long snapper update?

i have posted everything i can find. i was hoping some that have pay sites could throw some more vague stuff out. the no info stuff after scrimmages is the only thing i do not like about the new staff. we have hope again and we need to feed that hope with more info. instead we have to pay for it unless it is several days later i guess.

Personally, I think Holden will come on and win the job by fall unless we have an experienced RPO QB come in.  He is picking up the offense. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

There isn't going to be a "QB1" in the spring portal.

Maybe, maybe not. Some teams have good QB2s though that would highly likely win our QB job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Unless TJ has made a Jason Campbell esque improvement from last year, we are screwed unless Freeze finds a quality QB1 in the portal...That's my take.

Good take

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe, maybe not. Some teams have good QB2s though that would highly likely win our QB job.

Agree. Someone's back up can be better than our starters, but we most likely aren't going to get a proven commodity. We're praying on HS star evaluation at this point

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Agree. Someone's back up can be better than our starters, but we most likely aren't going to get a proven commodity.

Full season proven, probably not. There are some who had a good few games as a starter who would be upgrades.

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We're praying on HS star evaluation at this point

Not for the 2023 roster.

• Like 1

here is a nugget from corch jay on the rant who used to be a member here. thanx corch.

I’ve heard differently that Holden is getting the offense down now some in understanding and is becoming a much better and quicker decision maker. At this point probably behind TJ in running the base offense. With Robby being 3rd at this point.

But as someone mentioned Robby’s running may be a difference maker.

This week was all about the QBs development. I think next week will be all about WR development. From my understanding of the base offense the coaches a fairly comfortable with the OL and RBs.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Cornpop update??

He was a bad dude. 

• Haha 2

who the hell is corn pop? it sounds like some kind of nasty cola or something..................

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not for the 2023 roster

I'm talking about any potential transfer QB.  3-5 passes in mop up duty in 2 games isn't enough film for true evaluation and projection.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

who the hell is corn pop? it sounds like some kind of nasty cola or something..................

Something that belongs in the political forum 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holden may have had a lightbulb moment.  Auburn needs at least 1 of the 3 Harsin Qbs to be decent.  Maybe TJ has made a transition as well.  An average SEC Oline will help as well.

• Like 1

Don't trust Holden, Don't trust T.J.

Bring in a transfer QB. I wish I had some inkling on potential spring QB battles for the fallout. 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DAG said:

Don't trust Holden, Don't trust T.J.

Bring in a transfer QB. I wish I had some inkling on potential spring QB battles for the fallout. 

from what i understand last week the focus was on the QB's so maybe we get to hear more. i am hoping freeze does a presser to talk about fridays scrimmage. what little i have gathered is tj still leads but the light is coming on a little bit for Holden and he is getting better while robby seems to be backsliding. part of Robbys problem among many is he is holding on to the ball too long. i believe the coaches are timing all the qb's and they have so many seconds to get rid of the ball or they call it a sack. there is still very little out on fridays scrimmage but i am hoping more will come out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, toddc said:

Something that belongs in the political forum 

ok...........draw me a picture then please. i know better than to get into politics on this board. thanx anyone?