Jimmy Rane

AU80cruiser

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think calling yourself a top ten program and then it actually turns out guys couldn't get equipment and clothes doesn't lead anybody to think there's a billionaire backing that program.

I think, actually I know there are plenty of programs that doesn't have a bunch of money backing them but their players can get the bare necessities no problem. 

I know if it was someone that the major demographic on here didn't care for or relate to had a piece talking about how much money they have and people they helped and it came about the players were having trouble getting equipment a bunch of people would point that out....

I literally have watched it multiple times from players to coaches to administration. It's cool when one person does it and then it's a problem when another does or doesn't do the same thing

Gotcha, thank you for clarifying.

I think one caveat for consideration is Jimmy is also spreading his money out to other parts of Auburn as well.  For example, the Tony & Libby Rane Culinary Science Center on College Street was a big financial undertaking for him.  For those that have not seen it yet, here it is:

https://ranecenter.auburn.edu

The Harbert family is doing the same thing.  They gave $40 million, but a good chunk of that money went into the business school aimed at raising the business school's ranking and retaining tenured professors.

I haven't seen anywhere where our guys couldn't get their equipment though.  Unless you mean they are wanting Nike but we can only currently give them Under Armor.  I understand that, but I don't think Jimmy can do anything about that.

I think Jimmy is giving a good amount, but he can't do it alone either, even if he is a billionaire.  This is just a guess, what the only reason that we are where we are currently is because of Jimmy's giving and without him, we could be struggling financially to just to be where we are.

Edited by abw0004

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The second sentence contains an incomplete thought ..."a program just placing a bunch of people"...   Do you mean placing a bunch of people [in control]?   Regardless, reading this post in conjunction with your earlier post suggests that what you are saying is "people with money and who have influence in Auburn's program are either (1) out of touch or (2) don't care at all about the people [minorities] or their culture."    Am I understanding you correctly?

I'm saying that just because you were successful in one area doesn't mean you are wise in all areas.

So no I don't think it's plug and play you're great selling lumber so tell me what you think we should do with this football team.

And with the stuff that happened the last few years clearly people in leadership were out of touch and the people who hired the leadership didn't understand what's needed as well

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Gotcha, thank you for clarifying.

I think one caveat for consideration is Jimmy is also spreading his money out to other parts of Auburn as well.  For example, the Tony & Libby Rane Culinary Science Center on College Street was a big financial undertaking for him.  For those that have not seen it yet, here it is:

https://ranecenter.auburn.edu

The Harbert family is doing the same thing.  They gave $40 million, but a good chunk of that money went into the business school aimed at raising the business school's ranking and retaining tenured professors.

I haven't seen anywhere where our guys couldn't get their equipment though.  Unless you mean they are wanting Nike but we can only currently give them Under Armor.  I understand that, but I don't think Jimmy can do anything about that.

I think Jimmy is giving a good amount, but he can't do it alone either, even if he is a billionaire.  This is just a guess, what the only reason that we are where we are currently is because of Jimmy's giving and without him, we could be struggling financially to just to be where we are.

He absolutely couldn't and shouldn't be expected to do it alone. My point overall was showing it's much more to it than saying without Jimmy's money we couldn't compete. I'm not, and nobody else either can be sure his money is even being used properly. And I just focused on football since this is the football board.

Overall I think everything is getting off point though because some people became so emotional to even say anything besides Jimmy is amazing. 

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think, actually I know there are plenty of programs that doesn't have a bunch of money backing them but their players can get the bare necessities no problem. 

Name some that have successful athletic programs.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm saying that just because you were successful in one area doesn't mean you are wise in all areas.

So no I don't think it's plug and play you're great selling lumber so tell me what you think we should do with this football team.

And with the stuff that happened the last few years clearly people in leadership were out of touch and the people who hired the leadership didn't understand what's needed as well

Just now, cole256 said:

He absolutely couldn't and shouldn't be expected to do it alone. My point overall was showing it's much more to it than saying without Jimmy's money we couldn't compete. I'm not, and nobody else either can be sure his money is even being used properly. And I just focused on football since this is the football board.

Overall I think everything is getting off point though because some people became so emotional to even say anything besides Jimmy is amazing. 

You have referred several times to the "predominant demographic" on this site and several times you have stated that Coach Sanders has been run down on this site.    You also indicated above that rich people with influence don't care about minorities or their culture.   I think what you are saying, without actually saying it, is you see race being an issue.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lordy, can we get threads off track any worse than this?

No one, and I mean NO ONE, not one of our MODs will be wasting time cleaning this thread up.

For the purposes of sanity. Locked 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1