2023 Softball vs LSU

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I really want to know if they sent Tresvik home or she missed a sign.  Out by a mile. Then next batter got a deep fly that would have sacrificed in a run. 

My seats are on the third base line.  I don't know what Lenti signaled as she rounded second but as she rounded third it looked like he was tryng to get her to hold up.....just hard to tell.

Right after that happened Carosone was over at the dugout talking to the players and waving at second base - poor decision no matter who made it.  Fortunately it didn't cost us the game.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

My seats are on the third base line.  I don't know what Lenti signaled as she rounded second but as she rounded third it looked like he was tryng to get her to hold up.....just hard to tell.

Right after that happened Carosone was over at the dugout talking to the players and waving at second base - poor decision no matter who made it.  Fortunately it didn't cost us the game.

Thanks. Teaching moment. 

Game 2 Summary:  LSU 3 - Auburn 2       Series tied at one game apiece.

Auburn had 2 runs on 3 hits (1 HR, 1 double) with 0 errors and 3 batters left on base.  They stole 1 base.  Shelby Lowe pitched 4 innings; she threw 55 pitches, struck out 5, didn't give up any walks, gave up 2 hits and 2 earned runs.  Annabelle Widra pitched the last 3 innings; she threw 54 pitches, struck out 3, walked 1,  gave up 3 hits and 1 earned run.

LSU had 3 runs on 5 hits (1 HR, 1 double) with 0 errors and 3 batters left on base.  They did not have any stolen bases.  Freshman Sydney Berson pitched all 7 innings; she threw 105 pitches, struck out 4, walked 4, gave up 3 hits and 2 earned runs.

Shelby Lowe looked like her old self today - great to see her back.  Unfortunately, Dean said she is on a pitch count (which I'm guessing must be 60 pitches) so she was taken out of the game after 4 innings.  I can't remember whether she had surgery or just rest/physical therapy after her pitching issues last year but it's concerning that she is still having issues midway through this year.  Wondering if it's something she will ever fully recover from or whether she will always be limited?...anybody know more about her situation?   Widra took an inning to settle in (gave up a run in the 5th) but was very effective after that.  Auburn had yet another base running error but, unlike yesterday, this one may have changed the outcome of the game.  Lisenby on 3rd and Garcia on 1st with 2 outs and McCrary up to bat.  Garcia stole 2nd and dared the catcher to throw her out so Lisenby could steal home.  The catcher did throw to the short stop who immediately threw to home and Lisenby was out by a mile.  If Lisenby had stayed put at 3rd, Auburn would have had 2 runners in scoring position and McCrary at the plate - and at least a chance to add some runs.  Momentum seemed to shift back to LSU at that point.

Sydney Berson was very good in the circle for LSU.  She is just a freshman so will be around for 3 more years...likely getting better every year.  LSU, in my opinion, was better at the plate than Auburn over the last 3 innings.  They had long at bats, fouling off balls while they figured out timing, and were then able to put the ball in play.  Auburn seemed to settle for a lot of poorly hit balls in the last couple of innings...

Disappointing loss.

Edited by Golden Eagle

44 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Auburn had 2 runs on 3 hits (1 HR, 1 double) with 0 errors and 3 batters left on base.  They stole 1 base.  Shelby Lowe pitched 4 innings; she threw 55 pitches, struck out 5, didn't give up any walks, gave up 2 hits and 2 earned runs.  Annabelle Widra pitched the last 3 innings; she threw 54 pitches, struck out 3, walked 1,  gave up 3 hits and 1 earned run.

LSU had 3 runs on 5 hits (1 HR, 1 double) with 0 errors and 3 batters left on base.  They did not have any stolen bases.  Freshman Sydney Berson pitched all 7 innings; she threw 105 pitches, struck out 4, walked 4, gave up 3 hits and 2 earned runs.

Shelby Lowe looked like her old self today - great to see her back.  Unfortunately, Dean said she is on a pitch count (which I'm guessing must be 60 pitches) so she was taken out of the game after 4 innings.  I can't remember whether she had surgery or just rest/physical therapy after her pitching issues last year but it's concerning that she is still having issues midway through this year.  Wondering if it's something she will ever fully recover from or whether she will always be limited?...anybody know more about her situation?   Widra took an inning to settle in (gave up a run in the 5th) but was very effective after that.  Auburn had yet another base running error but, unlike yesterday, this one may have changed the outcome of the game.  Lisenby on 3rd and Garcia on 1st with 2 outs and McCrary up to bat.  Garcia stole 2nd and dared the catcher to throw her out so Lisenby could steal home.  The catcher did throw to the short stop who immediately threw to home and Lisenby was out by a mile.  If Lisenby had stayed put at 3rd, Auburn would have had 2 runners in scoring position and McCrary at the plate - and at least a chance to add some runs.  Momentum seemed to shift back to LSU at that point.

Sydney Berson was very good in the circle for LSU.  She is just a freshman so will be around for 3 more years...likely getting better every year.  LSU, in my opinion, was better at the plate than Auburn over the last 3 innings.  They had long at bats, fouling off balls while they figured out timing, and were then able to put the ball in play.  Auburn seemed to settle for a lot of poorly hit balls in the last couple of innings...

Disappointing loss.

Dean is very predictable with his stealing.  Especially the double steal.  We actually steal too much so everyone anticipates it at first opportunity.  Can't do that against SEC athletes.  

Game 3:   WHAT.  A.  GAME.    Auburn 1  -  LSU 0  in 9 innings.   Auburn wins the series 2 games to 1.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Edited by Golden Eagle
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

Auburn wins series with a perfect slide by Tresvik. She must have gotten a great jump.  I thought it got to RF too fast.  Throw off line helped.  Pretty much shows how close these 2 played each other all series.  

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

I only saw the bottom of 9th when i saw it was still on lol 

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I only saw the bottom of 9th when i saw it was still on lol 

Now that I know the ending, I'm glad I watched the whole game.  Have to admit my anxiety rose steadily thoughout the game - wanted the win soooo bad for the team (and us fans).  Whew, I'm exhausted, LOL.  Pitching and defense were outstanding by both teams.  I agree - Tresvik's run around the bases - and her slide at home - were textbook perfection.   And Packer had the well-placed hit that made it possible.  What a perfect ending to the weekend.

P.S.  And how about Shelby Lowe coming in late and pitching lights out.  My heart skipped a beat when Maddie came out - thought we might lose at that point.  We need Lowe in the mix for the rest of the season.

Edited by Golden Eagle
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Now that I know the ending, I'm glad I watched the whole game.  Have to admit my anxiety rose steadily thoughout the game - wanted the win soooo bad for the team (and us fans).  Whew, I'm exhausted, LOL.  Pitching and defense were outstanding by both teams.  I agree - Tresvik's run around the bases - and her slide at home - were textbook perfection.   And Packer had the well-placed hit that made it possible.  What a perfect ending to the weekend.

P.S.  And how about Shelby Lowe coming in late and pitching lights out.  My heart skipped a beat when Maddie came out - thought we might lose at that point.  We need Lowe in the mix for the rest of the season.

I loved having the veteran Packer in there at the end.  Also very happy Dean went sacrifice bunt instead of attempting a steal.  Poor bunt but got the job done.  I was more nervous he would run us out of it. 

• Like 1

Gutty win against a quality SEC opponent.  Hope we can build momentum with this.  Great to see Lowe contribute to the win, should boost her confidence. 

• Like 3

On 4/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, Golden Eagle said:

Disappointing loss.

Shelby had surgery, actually in one of the tv shots we could see the scar on her arm.  She has had a wrap on her left wrist - not sure what that is about.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Love the pic on this video.