2023 4* Vandy Transfer Guard/Wing Tyrin Lawrence

ellitor

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, We still feel good about Lawrence.

Is staff only wanting 1 of those 2? Play same position?

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Staff would take both. Both wouldn't come. Same position.

42 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Bird just mentioned it's possible to get Cleveland but Bruce needs to make a decision.  Personally wish he'd hedge here and take Cleveland to make sure we don't lose all of the tier 1 guys we were looking at and play roulette with the final days of portal. 

@AUBwins per JGT Cleveland is a take even though Tyrin is higher on the board.

• Thanks 1

We will just have to wait and see. I texted Bruce so he could read up on our inputs.

Does Cleveland make his decision today? Or is that next sunday?

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Pay same position yes but different reports on if we would take both or not.

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Does Cleveland make his decision today? Or is that next sunday?

Today.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Tweet has been deleted. What did it say?

Meant to delete the whole post. 😆 

It was a repeat tweet so I deleted it.

Sorry about that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Would be nice for Lawrence to commit soon so I can stop imagining the Lior-CMO camp battle for the starting 3 job. 🥴

We’re going to have to score at least 70 points amongst the guards to offset what we’ll be bleeding amongst the forward spot, esp on the nights where Jaylin’s just getting cardio 

I actually might have to get on my hands and knees and pray the UAH kid ends up being legit. I don’t even want to think about the alternative there 

Well if i were Lawrence I’d gouge the crap outta AU for NIL. We have zero leverage at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Well if i were Lawrence I’d gouge the crap outta AU for NIL. We have zero leverage at this point. 

NOAL, that is no way to treat family...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

NOAL, that is no way to treat family...

He’s not family…yet. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

They're participating in the b-league combine.  Only 1-2 from that will get a invite to the real NBA combine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

Thomasson is going to UGA now, so that probably ends their chances of Lawrence going there. Hopefully we get him to fill the hole at 3.

Lawrence wasn't going to UGA anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 6:54 PM, ellitor said:

Lawrence wasn't going to UGA anyway.

I keep hoping there will be some news here, but the longer this goes on, the less likely he comes our way, I'd guess based on how these things usually go. 

Word on the street is we presented him with a deadline to decide yesterday, and he would not give us an answer so we moved on.

For someone who left an official visit with us sounding like he was minutes away from committing, he sure has turned into a quite the attention seeker.

If he ends up back at Vanderbilt that only confirms that.

Chad Mazara-Baker is our top option at this stage, and we are in his final 3 along with A&M & Toledo.

A&M got a graduate transfer at the 3 from Middle Tenn State, and Radford announced yesterday he is coming back for his super senior year.

We seem like a better fit and can offer more playing time than A&M, so we shall see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If Lawrence was this much drama, I wanna know what was wrong with Tyson that we didn't push our chips in for (esp after hiring one of his former asst coaches) but KU and Cal were willing to. Ive said all along i thought him and Cleveland were the best of this bunch of 3's. Lawrence was a waste of time, especially in hindsight.

15 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

If Lawrence was this much drama, I wanna know what was wrong with Tyson that we didn't push our chips in for (esp after hiring one of his former asst coaches) but KU and Cal were willing to. Ive said all along i thought him and Cleveland were the best of this bunch of 3's. Lawrence was a waste of time, especially in hindsight.

I felt the same way and am really curious what CBP saw in Lawrence. I thought one of the reasons our new assistant coach was so exciting was because he was supposedly brining Tyson with him from Texas Tech, but who knows what happened there. Living in Berkeley will be quite a change from Lubbock, but perhaps he's looking for more of an urban environment and big city life with SF just across the bridge. 

• Like 1

CBP still hasn’t learned that one in the hand is better than two in the bush. We’ve been left high and dry too many times. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1