2023 4* Vandy Transfer Guard/Wing Tyrin Lawrence

ellitor

Guys let's give this staff a little grace.   We have about 10% of the information and are questioning BP's decision making.   There are many factors in play.    Just know that BP is doing his best!!!!

7 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

i thought him and Cleveland were the best of this bunch of 3's

They weren't.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

At least we didn’t have a 6’7 former 5 star that had every possible attribute we could ask for out of a starting small forward that was really interested in coming here 

@Dual-Threat Rigby ???

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Guys let's give this staff a little grace.   We have about 10% of the information and are questioning BP's decision making.   There are many factors in play.    Just know that BP is doing his best!!!!

No. He's been here 9 years. He isn't in his first year anymore. 

• Thanks 1

Guys, it's tricky navigating these waters.  Hard to hold onto your 2nd choice while you are waiting for you 1st choice. It's the same for everyone, and Bruce is as good as it gets.   It's possible we may get burned from going all in on Lawrence, but I'm going to wait and see how it all plays out before throwing any stones. It ain't over til it's over.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Pretty sure he means dude from the Vols. 

He just got an agent and is staying in the draft. We wern't getting him.

48 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

He's not making 1st year mistakes either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

So taking us from arguably one of the worst NCAA basketball programs to the winningest SEC program in the last 5 years isn't good? What about the Final Four? What about the #1 ranking? What about the multiple NCAA tournaments?

I get it, its frustrating during the offseason. Players coming and going. I trust Bruce. I like the team he is building. We improved the backcourt. We're solid and improved on the wing. We improved 3 point shooting and scoring overall. If Broome comes back its on. At worst we should be quite a bit better than last season and last season was an NCAA tournament year with a win in said tournament.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's not making 1st year mistakes either.

Ok. Point is, he shouldn't be absolved from constructive criticism. 

7 hours ago, Mike2686 said:

So taking us from arguably one of the worst NCAA basketball programs to the winningest SEC program in the last 5 years isn't good? What about the Final Four? What about the #1 ranking? What about the multiple NCAA tournaments?

All of those are great accomplishments and I'm glad he's our coach. But people around here act like Bruce just got here and can't be critiqued. Any critique is met with "but Auburn wasn't good before he got here, or he's done this and done that". 

22 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Ok. Point is, he shouldn't be absolved from constructive criticism. 

Don't think many are saying he shouldn't.

19 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

"but Auburn wasn't good before he got here, or he's done this and done that". 

Well it's true. You can be very frustrated when roster moves aren't to your initial liking but Bruce has also earned initial benifit of a doubt with a very long track record of success. I'm going to see how the players play before I make a critique.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

They weren't.

Maybe not for our team, although Tyson seemed like a very good fit.  But most of the transfer ranking and draft boards I've seen have had Cleveland higher than Tyson and Tyson higher than Lawrence, so I think the verdict is still out. It will be interesting to see how they do on new teams this year. 

5 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Maybe not for our team, although Tyson seemed like a very good fit. 

@HAPvsOA In terms of on court for Bruce It was Lawrence 1A, Tyson 1B, Cleveland 1C because TL & Tyson were as good as MC on O and better in some ways while both were better than him on D by a good bit. There were off court concerns with Tyson that separated TL from him & may have put MC in font of him too.

5 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

draft boards I've seen have had Cleveland higher

Other than a few exceptions the NBA doesn't play grat D on the whole.

• Thanks 1