Texas Fast

bigbird

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Screenshot_20230504-160210.png

No real place to put this.  Impressive is putting it mildly.

Saw this on Facebook. It is true from a collegiate track athlete (yes that is a flex). All of them will hopefully be hearing from perspective schools. 

• Love 2

Also want to add that Duncanville had two athletes run a sub 10.3

That is insane .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also want to add that Duncanville had two athletes run a sub 10.3

That is insane .

Saw that too. That's just not fair.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I'm sure that it was wind aided

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

Saw that too. That's just not fair.  

If they both play football. I wouldn't want to be a DB on the opposing team. Well at least they are in Texas so as they run bye you is it okay to yell OLE?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If they both play football. I wouldn't want to be a DB on the opposing team. Well at least they are in Texas so as they run bye you is it okay to yell OLE?

We played College Station a few years ago. They had three receivers over 6'2 and all ran sub 4.5, they also had a kid about 5'6" in the slot that ran a legit 4.3.  We couldn't do anything to slow them down. Ran by us, through us, and around us.  We helped them prove the saying Speed Kills that night.

According to the FL H.S. Athletic Assoc website, in Florida in 2023 that 10.25 would get you 3d place among boys 100m times but the 10.66 that's 8th in TX would tie you for 43d in FL.

Fwiw.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

According to the FL H.S. Athletic Assoc website, in Florida in 2023 that 10.25 would get you 3d place among boys 100m times but the 10.66 that's 8th in TX would tie you for 43d in FL.

Fwiw.

Fla >>> Texas

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Fwiw.

That's awesome 

Is that across all divisions or just one?

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Fwiw.

Must have been the Texas folks visiting for holiday!!

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

It was forever ago in the 80s but while at Ft Hood I went to a Killeen vs Ellison Game. I can’t remember which team it was but one of them ran a 4 wide and those 4 were the reigning state champs for the 400 m relay. It was fun to watch to say the least. It was also cool to cheer for the ‘Kangaroos’. 😅

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

It was forever ago in the 80s but while at Ft Hood I went to a Killeen vs Ellison Game. I can’t remember which team it was but one of them ran a 4 wide and those 4 were the reigning state champs for the 400 m relay. It was fun to watch to say the least. It was also cool to cheer for the ‘Kangaroos’. 😅

There's som good football played Friday nights in central Texas.  Not the same exposure as the metroplexes, but equally as rugged and talented.

On 5/5/2023 at 12:54 PM, bigbird said:

That's awesome 

Is that across all divisions or just one?

All divisions. 

• Thanks 1

My son ran in the low 11's in 8th grade, made the finals heat where all 8 (IIRC) kids finished within a step or two of each other and finished 5th in the district (metro Austin area). Pulled a groin later that day, took up piano while recovering (where he turned out to be something of a prodigy) and never played an organized sport again. Kids. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I will try to post some Georgia numbers in this thread next week.  Meets are late this week.  Is 6A the largest classification in Texas?

3 hours ago, Newbomb said:

I will try to post some Georgia numbers in this thread next week.  Meets are late this week.  Is 6A the largest classification in Texas?

Yes, there are faster times across the other divisions 

I was curious so I looked into what the Georgia times were.  As a whole those Texas times were better but a couple of times stood out in Georgia in 7A 1st and second were 10.22 and 10.24.  They appear to be wind aided at 1.9.  The single most impressive run was in the prelims in 6A where a 10th grader from Langston Hughes ran a 10.14.  Wind aided at .5.  He came in second in the finals he posted a 10.37 behind a 10.35 winner.  

https://ga.milesplit.com/articles/333502/state-meet-hub-2023-ghsa-state-track-field-championships

Edited by Newbomb
  • Like 1
  • Love 1