Christian Herberholz's Health

Putting the pieces back together, Herbie is cruising in inning 2 and before his last pitch, he steps off the mound and walks around the back on the mound.   He then delivers his last pitch and gets the out.  Bottom of 3 rolls around, and Herbie does not return to the mound.   The camera later shows Butch and our head trainer talking for a little while.   Later in the game, the tv camera shows Herbie seemingly carefree, moving around and laughing with his teammates.  So what happened?   Obviously, something felt wrong or Herbie would have returned to the game.  This is an educated guess, of what occurred.   It is not uncommon for pitchers to deliver a pitch and "feel" something unusual  in their arm.   When pitchers throw a pitch there is a lot going on with muscles, ligaments and nerves.  Sometimes one of those structures can be "felt" in a way that feels somewhat abnormal.   My guess is Herbie felt something on his penultimate pitch.    That is why he took a little time to walk around and gather himself and ask himself "was that abnormal."   He wasn't convinced it was abnormal so he got back on the bump and threw another pitch.   That pitch is a good one that resulted in an out (vs one that is thrown wildly -- this fact is in itself reason for hope).    Herbie isn't seen for awhile, but then when he is seen he appears happy.   So, I believe he went to the dugout and said I felt something (Butch being the coach he is says we are shutting you down for the rest of the day).   We know the trainer gave Butch an update because the cameras showed it.    So, I suspect Herbie and the trainer went to the visitor's locker room and the trainer examined Herbie and everything likely checked out.   If the trainer found something really concerning, I feel Herbie's demeanor shown on camera would have been much different.   Also, if it was readily apparent that something was wrong or if it was 100% certain he was fine, I think we would have had an update by now.   You know our beat reporters have asked the question.   I suspect we will get an update midweek after he throws his regularly scheduled pen.    Until then, his demeanor alone is reason for us all to be hopeful.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Putting the pieces back together, Herbie is cruising in inning 2 and before his last pitch, he steps off the mound and walks around the back on the mound.   He then delivers his last pitch and gets the out.  Bottom of 3 rolls around, and Herbie does not return to the mound.   The camera later shows Butch and our head trainer talking for a little while.   Later in the game, the tv camera shows Herbie seemingly carefree, moving around and laughing with his teammates.  So what happened?   Obviously, something felt wrong or Herbie would have returned to the game.  This is an educated guess, of what occurred.   It is not uncommon for pitchers to deliver a pitch and "feel" something unusual  in their arm.   When pitchers throw a pitch there is a lot going on with muscles, ligaments and nerves.  Sometimes one of those structures can be "felt" in a way that feels somewhat abnormal.   My guess is Herbie felt something on his penultimate pitch.    That is why he took a little time to walk around and gather himself and ask himself "was that abnormal."   He wasn't convinced it was abnormal so he got back on the bump and threw another pitch.   That pitch is a good one that resulted in an out (vs one that is thrown wildly -- this fact is in itself reason for hope).    Herbie isn't seen for awhile, but then when he is seen he appears happy.   So, I believe he went to the dugout and said I felt something (Butch being the coach he is says we are shutting you down for the rest of the day).   We know the trainer gave Butch an update because the cameras showed it.    So, I suspect Herbie and the trainer went to the visitor's locker room and the trainer examined Herbie and everything likely checked out.   If the trainer found something really concerning, I feel Herbie's demeanor shown on camera would have been much different.   Also, if it was readily apparent that something was wrong or if it was 100% certain he was fine, I think we would have had an update by now.   You know our beat reporters have asked the question.   I suspect we will get an update midweek after he throws his regularly scheduled pen.    Until then, his demeanor alone is reason for us all to be hopeful.  

Hopefully all of your deducing is correct. 

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to Christian Herberholz's Health