2024 4* WR Bryce Cain Commits to AU!

toddc

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

It jumps off the film

The film almost looks sped up at some points.  I am really excited about this dude.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Can’t wait to see this kid with a confident and consistent QB. If it’s Thorne great, if it’s Bird that’s great. I don’t want to see another high quality WR fail at AU due to poor coaching . We need to get a string of WRs in the League. Slayton is the only AU WR on a roster I believe. I could be wrong. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Can’t wait to see this kid with a confident and consistent QB. If it’s Thorne great, if it’s Bird that’s great. I don’t want to see another high quality WR fail at AU due to poor coaching . We need to get a string of WRs in the League. Slayton is the only AU WR on a roster I believe. I could be wrong. 

My favorite commit by faaarrr.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I think you are correct on Slayton and that fact is exhibit A to how bad we have recruited that position.  Coaching was part of the problem as it relates to WRs, but I looked recently and posted here the stats of the WRs that have transferred away from AU and none of them, with the exception of Kobe Hudson, are putting up numbers i.e. a system change and a coaching change didn't change the on the field results.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I think you are correct on Slayton and that fact is exhibit A to how bad we have recruited that position.  Coaching was part of the problem as it relates to WRs, but I looked recently and posted here the stats of the WRs that have transferred away from AU and none of them, with the exception of Kobe Hudson, are putting up numbers i.e. a system change and a coaching change didn't change the on the field results.   

Fair statement, but it seems AU with Gus got several high ranked WRs and they disappeared when they arrived on campus. 50/50 coaching vs QB Play vs Poor recruiting . Bad player evaluation 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Fair statement, but it seems AU with Gus got several high ranked WRs and they disappeared when they arrived on campus. 50/50 coaching vs QB Play vs Poor recruiting . Bad player evaluation 

I looked back at Nate Craig Meyers.   At one point in his HS career he was the number 1 receiver in the nation according to one service.   He spent 6 years in college because of Covid.   In 6 years he accumulated just 875 receiving yards and 5 TDs.   It is mind-numbing really.   Remember he followed Gus to UCF.   I think he played somewhere else as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I looked back at.   At one point in his HS career he was the number 1 receiver in the nation according to one service.   He spent 6 years in college because of Covid.   In 6 years he accumulated just 875 receiving yards and 5 TDs.   It is mind-numbing really.   Remember he followed Gus to UCF.   I think he played somewhere else as well.

Colorado St was the other school

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I looked back at Nate Craig Meyers.   At one point in his HS career he was the number 1 receiver in the nation according to one service.   He spent 6 years in college because of Covid.   In 6 years he accumulated just 875 receiving yards and 5 TDs.   It is mind-numbing really.   Remember he followed Gus to UCF.   I think he played somewhere else as well.

Spent a couple of seasons at Colorado State. 

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes....I think

19 under Bobo and 20 under whoever replaced him.   I said above NCM was ranked 1 by one service, he was actually #1 in 247 composite rankings at one point...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 6:58 PM, TigerPAC said:

Any idea if Cain is going to try to play AU baseball?  

I don't think so. They were an all baseball family until he started playing football a couple of years ago. His brother just signed on to play baseball at Oklahoma out of JUCO in MS. 

4 hours ago, wglewgle629 said:

I don't think so. They were an all baseball family until he started playing football a couple of years ago. His brother just signed on to play baseball at Oklahoma out of JUCO in MS. 

I was hoping he was.  He is a very good baseball player and can steal bases wonderfully w right coaching.