2024 4* WR Bryce Cain Commits to AU!

toddc

45 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I appreciate that. I kind of figured I might get some face palms due to people thinking it was corny. Still might get some. 

Old as Moses’ toes and twice as corny. Face palm me please! My kids would! 😝 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I appreciate that. I kind of figured I might get some face palms due to people thinking it was corny. Still might get some. 

Well, it would have to be promotional for Auburn, of course, but headlines can get away with being corny as long as it's eye-catching. It might be groan-worthy, but again, that's almost to be expected in headlines sometimes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

Old as Moses’ toes and twice as corny. Face palm me please! My kids would! 😝 

Reminds me of an old nursery rhyme that I used to read to my daughter when she was about 5. After 30 years I still remember it. Thanks for that!

• Like 1

• RunInRed changed the title to 2024 3* WR Bryce Cain Commits to AU!
On 6/10/2023 at 6:55 AM, DAG said:

In before someone ask "Why is he only a 3 star?"

Mainly because he’s only been playing football for two years and his HS QB, can’t throw well. He’ll be a four-star soon enough.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, toddc said:

Speedy in-state WR Bryce Cain commits to Auburn

The Baker (Ala.) product chose Auburn over Ole Miss.

Christian Clemente33 mins

Bryce Cain went into his visit and Elite Camp at Auburn with Ole Miss holding a slight lead before his decision. But by the time Friday was over, it wasn't even close.

The speedy in-state wide receiver, who ran a 4.40 at Auburn, has announced his commitment to Auburn.

"I just think it felt like home," Cain said. "The coaches can develop and I feel like they can take me to the next level. I love it here.  It just feels like home. It feels like the best place for me. I can fit in with everybody. It’s great, I love it."

In fact, the choice between the Tigers and the Rebels didn't end up being a close one.

"The tour, really," Cain said. "It just blew Ole Miss out of the water, I ain’t going to lie. The camp, everything. The coaches."

Being primarily recruited by Marcus Davis, Cain showcased his speed and skillset during Friday's Elite Camp. After the camp and getting to spend more time with Davis and head coach Hugh Freeze, he gave them the good news.

"Yeah, it was upstairs in his office," Cain said. "They were shocked that I just committed on the spot. (I told them)  ‘Hey War Eagle, War Eagle. I’m committed, I’m committed all the way. I’m coming to Auburn.’"

Cain's commitment kickstarts what's already been a productive month of getting talent and top targets on campus, now Auburn's staff adds one to the commitment list. In the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Cain is the No. 678 overall player, No. 87 wide receiver and No. 32 player from Alabama.

At 5-foot-11 and 170 pounds, Auburn's staff fell in love with Cain's blazing speed and ability to make plays in the slot.

"I’m a small guy, so slot receiver is going to be the best for me," Cain said. "I’m really fast, so it’s going to get a lot of people open. We’re going to win these games. I’m going to be one of the dominant slot receivers. I’m going to get the ball a lot according to Walker White."

White and Cain worked together during Friday's camp, building up a bond on and off the field.

"Oh yeah, I think I have all the chemistry I need with him," Cain said. "We’re going to be a good duo."

From Baker (Ala.), Cain plans to shut down his recruitment, saying, "This is it."

His message to the fanbase?

"Hey War Eagle, I’m finna get after it," Cain said. "Y’all going to see me on that field and I’m going to play hard."

Auburn now has six commitments in the 2024 cycle as Cain joins White, tight end Martavious Collins, defensive backs A'Mon Lane and Jayden Lewis and running back J'Marion Burnette. 

One of the podcast guys, (I don’t know which one, because there are now so many) claim Ole Miss clocked him at 3.95 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

One of the podcast guys, (I don’t know which one, because there are now so many) claim Ole Miss clocked him at 3.95 

If he ran a legitimate 3.95 40-yard dash then he would be running track for Team USA next summer. I don't believe that for a second. Don't believe anyone has ever run lower than a 4.2 on a laser. Unless they did like this one kid I went to high school with and ran a 50-yard dash but only timed the last 40 yards of it. He was surprised when I didn't just buy into his sub-4 second 40 time.

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Mainly because he’s only been playing football for two years and his HS QB, can’t throw well. He’ll be a four-star soon enough.

his HS QB is committed to Miss St; last year, i am told, their HS OL was not very good (imagine that).  he only played football last year, and is also a very good baseball player

On 6/9/2023 at 7:37 PM, yngwie1995 said:

If we land this guy, this should be our intro song....

LMAO I just saw this for the very first time 3 days ago and I have laughed at the beginning so much for 3 days then come here and BOOM!

• Haha 1

We all know the 3.95 is not real but that does not change the fact that this guy is very fast. Add experince and some polish and we may have a steal. That said without improvemnt on route running and other aspects of the WR skill set pure speed is nice but does not always mean a great WR. I like his speed and the comment that he was uncoverable at the camp. How he improves in HS this year should give us a good idea and if we have a steal on a 3*.

• Like 1

The fastest sort-of legitimate 40 time I've seen was Bo Jackson's 4.13. What type of timing devices were used I don't know.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Something tells me he's going to shoot up the recruiting boards before too long. Either that or we get a diamond in the rough. Only playing for a year? 4.40 speed? Top notch acceleration out of his cuts? Yes please!

I do expect him to pick up some steam in the offer category which can in turn raise his ranking.  Anybody watch his Jr Tape? Kid is legit good. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I do expect him to pick up some steam in the offer category which can in turn raise his ranking.  Anybody watch his Jr Tape? Kid is legit good. 

I'm just hoping he stays "1000% COMMITTED"...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

The fastest sort-of legitimate 40 time I've seen was Bo Jackson's 4.13. What type of timing devices were used I don't know.

Here's an interview with Bo where he discusses the run he did before going to track practice, with Harvey Glance as the track coach, and says the 4.13 was electronically timed.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/14869826

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Rednilla said:

If he ran a legitimate 3.95 40-yard dash then he would be running track for Team USA next summer. I don't believe that for a second. Don't believe anyone has ever run lower than a 4.2 on a laser. Unless they did like this one kid I went to high school with and ran a 50-yard dash but only timed the last 40 yards of it. He was surprised when I didn't just buy into his sub-4 second 40 time.

If I can find the podcast again, I will post it.

19 hours ago, DAG said:

If he did run a 3.95 that unofficial UNOFFICIAL x2 Hand timed.  

Yes, it was hand timed. 

18 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We all know the 3.95 is not real but that does not change the fact that this guy is very fast. Add experince and some polish and we may have a steal. That said without improvemnt on route running and other aspects of the WR skill set pure speed is nice but does not always mean a great WR. I like his speed and the comment that he was uncoverable at the camp. How he improves in HS this year should give us a good idea and if we have a steal on a 3*.

I don’t want to post the wrong thing, because we all know recruits do read these things but the “Locked on Auburn” guys said (not the ones who discussed the 3.95) there was a five star receiver in camp the same day and this three star (Cain) blew the five star away, so Freeze said: let’s lock this kid down! Again, don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just telling you what they said. 

• Thanks 1