2024 4* WR Bryce Cain Commits to AU!

toddc

Default Avatar

5-11 / 170
Baker
Mobile, AL

Notable offers: AU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Louisville, Wake Forest, Cincy, & Northwestern.
Had a huge day at AU camp today.
AU leads & he's committing next week.

• Like 1

Three-star WR Bryce Cain schedules official visit to Auburn

Taylor Jones

Auburn football is high on the list of three-star wide receiver Bryce Cain and will have the chance to seal the deal later this month.

Cain, the No. 40 prospect from the state of Alabama for the 2024 cycle, has locked in an official visit to Auburn for the weekend of June 9. Auburn is on the top of Cain’s list, but they will have to fight off Ole Miss in order to obtain his signature. Head coach Hugh Freeze and wide receivers coach Marcus Davis have the chance to lock in his commitment during the visit.

Buy Tigers Tickets

In a recent interview with Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover ($), Cain says that he is intrigued by what Auburn has to offer.

“Auburn — everything sticks out to me,” Cain said. “I love the facility, love the coaches, love the players. I feel like they can take me to the next level.”

Davis, a former Auburn wide receiver himself, has been Cain’s primary contact. Cain says that Davis hopes to get the chance to coach and develop him at Auburn.

Cain is a 5-11, 170-pound wide receiver from Baker High School in Mobile and is rated as a three-star by 247Sports. Steve Wiltfong and David Johnson, both of 247Sports, have given Ole Miss a crystal ball to land Cain. Both predictions were made prior to April 6, however. According to On3, Cain has a 97.8% chance to sign with Ole Miss.

It will be vital for Freeze to blow Cain away during his visit if he hopes to record another one of his trademark “flips” on the recruiting trail.

• Like 1

No offers from biggies except AU and Ole Miss. No UA, LSU, UGA, UF, etc on his offer list. Maybe a late bloomer?

28 minutes ago, autan said:

No offers from biggies except AU and Ole Miss. No UA, LSU, UGA, UF, etc on his offer list. Maybe a late bloomer?

He’s a late bloomer because he’s only played football for 1 year. 

• Like 1

Anytime I see ‘unguardable’ or ‘unblockable’ as a descriptor, I am nervous. 😅

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* WR Bryce Cain
3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To anyone who may know. Do these recruiting sites update their rankings after summer camps?

@NWALA Tiger Yes but they focus more on national and regional camps. For the most part, they don't cover team camps like the one Cain showed out at AU today.

• Thanks 1

JLee put a pick in for AU at 75% confidence. Says Ole Miss came in to today with a solid lead but AU ripped the lead from them. Bryce now says we lead & plans to commit next week.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, toddc said:

Cain says that Davis hopes to get the chance to coach and develop him at Auburn

Unbelievable concept 

• Haha 5

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* WR Bryce Cain Commuts To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Screw you lane ! Welcome to the  plains young man 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

Speedy in-state WR Bryce Cain commits to Auburn

The Baker (Ala.) product chose Auburn over Ole Miss.

Christian Clemente33 mins

Bryce Cain went into his visit and Elite Camp at Auburn with Ole Miss holding a slight lead before his decision. But by the time Friday was over, it wasn't even close.

The speedy in-state wide receiver, who ran a 4.40 at Auburn, has announced his commitment to Auburn.

"I just think it felt like home," Cain said. "The coaches can develop and I feel like they can take me to the next level. I love it here.  It just feels like home. It feels like the best place for me. I can fit in with everybody. It’s great, I love it."

In fact, the choice between the Tigers and the Rebels didn't end up being a close one.

"The tour, really," Cain said. "It just blew Ole Miss out of the water, I ain’t going to lie. The camp, everything. The coaches."

Being primarily recruited by Marcus Davis, Cain showcased his speed and skillset during Friday's Elite Camp. After the camp and getting to spend more time with Davis and head coach Hugh Freeze, he gave them the good news.

"Yeah, it was upstairs in his office," Cain said. "They were shocked that I just committed on the spot. (I told them)  ‘Hey War Eagle, War Eagle. I’m committed, I’m committed all the way. I’m coming to Auburn.’"

Cain's commitment kickstarts what's already been a productive month of getting talent and top targets on campus, now Auburn's staff adds one to the commitment list. In the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Cain is the No. 678 overall player, No. 87 wide receiver and No. 32 player from Alabama.

At 5-foot-11 and 170 pounds, Auburn's staff fell in love with Cain's blazing speed and ability to make plays in the slot.

"I’m a small guy, so slot receiver is going to be the best for me," Cain said. "I’m really fast, so it’s going to get a lot of people open. We’re going to win these games. I’m going to be one of the dominant slot receivers. I’m going to get the ball a lot according to Walker White."

White and Cain worked together during Friday's camp, building up a bond on and off the field.

"Oh yeah, I think I have all the chemistry I need with him," Cain said. "We’re going to be a good duo."

From Baker (Ala.), Cain plans to shut down his recruitment, saying, "This is it."

His message to the fanbase?

"Hey War Eagle, I’m finna get after it," Cain said. "Y’all going to see me on that field and I’m going to play hard."

Auburn now has six commitments in the 2024 cycle as Cain joins White, tight end Martavious Collins, defensive backs A'Mon Lane and Jayden Lewis and running back J'Marion Burnette. 

• Like 3

Something tells me he's going to shoot up the recruiting boards before too long. Either that or we get a diamond in the rough. Only playing for a year? 4.40 speed? Top notch acceleration out of his cuts? Yes please!

• Like 5

Working on chemistry with Walker White, Cain is able. Genesis of something big on the Plains. War Eagle!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, gr82be said:

Working on chemistry with Walker White, Cain is able. Genesis of something big on the Plains. War Eagle!!

You should do newspaper headlines. That's great!

19 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You should do newspaper headlines. That's great!

I appreciate that. I kind of figured I might get some face palms due to people thinking it was corny. Still might get some. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I appreciate that. I kind of figured I might get some face palms due to people thinking it was corny. Still might get some. 

Na. If we were any other school as a fanbase we would be the Nebraska Cornhuskers cuz we are so corny.

• Haha 2