2024 4* CB Jalyn Crawford Commits to AU!

AUwent

Default Avatar

6-0 / 180
Parkview
Lilburn, GA

Offers from AU, LSU, UNC, Florida, Vols, Clemson, Michigan, SCar, A&M, OU, Miami, FSU, & Penn St.
AU likes him at CB an Nickel
JLee put a pick in for AU with 55% confidence FWIW

Rivals250 talks Auburn official visit

has his final four.

This weekend was stop No. 2 on his June tour, where the 6-foot-1 defensive back is taking official visits to his four finalists: Auburn, Florida, LSU and North Carolina. 

He felt an immediate connection with Auburn's head coach during the trip.

"It was real good, I got to talk to all the coaches and just really chill and bond with them," Crawford said. "Talking to Coach (Hugh) Freeze — it was a click right then and there when we were talking. It was a great experience."

Jalyn Crawford took an official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

Jalyn Crawford took an official visit to Auburn over the weekend. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Auburn's made Crawford, who's ranked as the No. 109 player in the nation, a high priority. He can tell by the effort the coaching staff has put toward recruiting him and the number of guys on staff reaching out.

I talk to Zac (Etheridge), Crime (Wesley McGriff), (Hugh) Freeze, Ty (Holder), I really talk to everybody to be honest," Crawford said. 

Their message to the four-star cornerback?

"If I come here, they can develop me as a player on and off the field," Crawford said. "It would be a great experience for me to come down here and be with the family."

Outside of the coaching staff, there are others also recruiting Crawford to Auburn.

"I already know Terrance Love, Kayin Lee. They just talk to me about the atmosphere, what all goes around and how it really goes down in Auburn," Crawford said. "They just say it’s a great place and you can’t go wrong."

6'1" | 186 lbs | CB | 2024

The Tigers are recruiting Crawford as a cornerback who can bump into the nickel position. Auburn feels like Crawford can play both, and he does, too.

Meanwhile, a decision is on the horizon and will come at the end of July. He'll visit LSU and North Carolina officially over the next two weekends.

"After all the official visits, I’m gonna take some time, think about it and go through the process," Crawford said. "Cut down the list and get to that point."

• Thanks 1

• toddc changed the title to 2024. 4* DB Jaylin Crawford
  • ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* CB Jaylin Crawford
  • 3 weeks later...

Great news here.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Would be a solid pick up.  Good sized kid, big school

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Parkview way back when was the school  in football in Gwinnett Co.. Have no idea now since we moved to central FL. 13 years ago.

They haven't won a state title since 2002 when they won three straight. They still put out quality athletes but the competition in Georgia, especially Gwinnett County, has become insane the past 20 years. Gwinnett still runs the state in the higher classifications. Remember Buford? They used to be 2A, well they're 6A now! 

• Like 1

Sounds like we’re starting to reopen some pipelines in Georgia again. WDE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Sounds like we’re starting to reopen some pipelines in Georgia again. WDE!

We-we're allowed to do that?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, woodford said:

They haven't won a state title since 2002 when they won three straight. They still put out quality athletes but the competition in Georgia, especially Gwinnett County, has become insane the past 20 years. Gwinnett still runs the state in the higher classifications. Remember Buford? They used to be 2A, well they're 6A now! 

I lived in Buford until 2010 had no idea they were 6A now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I lived in Buford until 2010 had no idea they were 6A now.

I work in the Buford area frequently.

The traffic has become insane there. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I work in the Buford area frequently.

The traffic has become insane there. 

Lived near Harmony Elementary, Eagle Ridge Subdivision, off of Bogan Rd. I can believe you about the traffic it was starting to get bad when we lived there.

Four-star CB Jalyn Crawford is trending towards Auburn

JD McCarthy

Four-star cornerback Jalyn Crawford is one of Auburn’s top targets regardless of position.

Both Wesley McGriff and Zac Etheridge have been recruiting him and their hard work appears to be paying off as multiple On3 insiders believe he will be picking Auburn.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Cole Pinkston and Chad Simmons both logged predictions that he will commit to the Tigers on Friday, making them the heavy favorites over SEC rivals Florida and LSU. Auburn now has a 71% chance to land the Lilburn, Georgia, native according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine.

He is the No. 174 overall player and No. 20 cornerback in the On3 Industry Ranking. He is also the No. 25 player from Georgia.

Crawford took official visits to Florida, Auburn and LSU during June and is expected to announce his decision sometime during July. His trip to the Plains was his fifth time visiting Auburn.

Auburn is looking to add Crawford to an already loaded defensive back class that includes four-star cornerbacks A'mon Laneand Jayden Lewis as well as four-star safety Kensley Faustin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Four-star CB Jalyn Crawford is trending towards Auburn

JD McCarthy

Four-star cornerback Jalyn Crawford is one of Auburn’s top targets regardless of position.

Both Wesley McGriff and Zac Etheridge have been recruiting him and their hard work appears to be paying off as multiple On3 insiders believe he will be picking Auburn.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Cole Pinkston and Chad Simmons both logged predictions that he will commit to the Tigers on Friday, making them the heavy favorites over SEC rivals Florida and LSU. Auburn now has a 71% chance to land the Lilburn, Georgia, native according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine.

He is the No. 174 overall player and No. 20 cornerback in the On3 Industry Ranking. He is also the No. 25 player from Georgia.

Crawford took official visits to Florida, Auburn and LSU during June and is expected to announce his decision sometime during July. His trip to the Plains was his fifth time visiting Auburn.

Auburn is looking to add Crawford to an already loaded defensive back class that includes four-star cornerbacks A'mon Laneand Jayden Lewis as well as four-star safety Kensley Faustin.

EDIT: Aw man, I misread it that he was going to commit 7/7.

Edited by AUwent

• ellitor changed the title to ***2024 4* CB Jaylin Crawford (Commit Watch: July 15, 2:30 CT)***
14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bump. We should be talking about this top 200 CB more.

I think this is a must-get. IDK why this thread has been so quiet.

Approximately how good do we have to be to show this nebulous "proof of concept" I keep hearing about?

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I think this is a must-get. IDK why this thread has been so quiet.

relaxing.gif

Relax!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Very good to hear.

cough-cough-cough.gif

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

relaxing.gif

Relax!

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

cough-cough-cough.gif

I called Jackboy and Simmons on Monday when you didn’t have the guts! Yer yella! Like a big bird!

• Like 1