2024 4* CB Jalyn Crawford Commits to AU!

AUwent

I thought that kid was about to pull out the Aggie hat. I was gonna just hang it up with college football. 

• Haha 6

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* CB Jaylin Crawford Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

That man almost gave me a heart attack putting the AU hat on then taking it off...for another AU hat. That's a @bigbirdmove right there.

This was literally me after he took off the 1sy AU hat til he put on the 2nd AU hat...

Emperor Palpatine GIF - Emperor Palpatine No - Discover ...

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

When I seen him put on the Auburn hat and then take it off, I said to myself "Somewhere AUwent is headed to the nearest bridge to jump off." 😂

These recruits are meaaaannnnnn

• Haha 2

Cole Pink said that Damari and Kaylin Lee are there. 

Man, I think Damari is the next Trovon Reed. Some players are just born to be football recruiters.

Either that or he is super committed to not being on a losing team anymore. Lol

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

McGriff and Zac Etheridge have more than pulled their weight getting these recruits to commit. Landing the #1 cornerback in the state of Georgia is big for our program right now. Very, very happy to get Jalyn Crawford!!! WDE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Like 2
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That man almost gave me a heart attack putting the AU hat on then taking it off...for another AU hat. That's a @bigbirdmove right there.

bruce-lee-bow.gif

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Our DB coaches are something else. Welcome to the plains young man. 

we’ve had some very good secondaries for a while now. Especially CB’s. If we could put together a decent pass rush, we could be putting 1st and 2nd rounders in the league consistently.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Cole Pink said that Damari and Kaylin Lee are there. 

Man, I think Damari is the next Trovon Reed. Some players are just born to be football recruiters.

Either that or he is super committed to not being on a losing team anymore. Lol

Or both.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

we’ve had some very good secondaries for a while now. Especially CB’s. If we could put together a decent pass rush, we could be putting 1st and 2nd rounders in the league consistently.

DBU, Let's get it.

2 position groups I’m not worried about is DB’s and RB’s. McGriff/Etheridge usually get the job done and so does Cadillac. Need everybody else to hold up their end of the bargain and this won’t be a long rebuild at all 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

2 position groups I’m not worried about is DB’s and RB’s. McGriff/Etheridge usually get the job done and so does Cadillac. Need everybody else to hold up their end of the bargain and this won’t be a long rebuild at all 

💯 

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Landing the #1 cornerback in the state of Georgia

Yup! 247, ESPN, & Rivals all have JC the #1 CB in Geurgia. On3 has him a 3* & #5 CB in Georgia. On3 needs to pick it up on him.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yup! 247, ESPN, & Rivals all have JC the #1 CB in Geurgia. On3 has him a 3* & #5 CB in Georgia. On3 needs to pick it up on him.

I've noticed that On3 has several players rated as 3* when the other 3 services all have them as 4*. I was looking at the recruiting rankings about an hour ago and I noticed it on not just our commits but other teams commits. Some of their 3* guys on On3 are obvious 4* guys. 

4-star CB Jalyn Crawford commits to Auburn over Florida and LSU

Chad Simmons•about 3 hours
Article written by:Chad Simmons
Jalyn Crawford Auburn 8 copy 1
Photo by Chad Simmons/On3

There wasn’t a lot separating the top three for Lilburn (Ga.) Parkview four-star cornerback Jalyn Crawford. He knew he was going to pick between AuburnFlorida and LSU.

While each school had it’s positives, there was just something different Auburn. That feeling was something Crawford couldn’t get over as he announced his pledge to Hugh Freeze and the Tigers.

“After my visits, I thought about it for a while, then I made a decision in late June,” Crawford told On3. “I went back and forth and I went over my pros and cons. It came out with Auburn on top. I’ve visited Auburn four or five times, I like the new staff a lot and the crowd at Auburn is always jumping.

…The fans show great support and the new staff will get the program going strong again. I love the player-coach connection, the bond the coaches have shown with the players and how it feels like family there. Everywhere I go on the Auburn campus, it feels like family and you hear a lot of War Eagle so the support there makes it feel like home.”

What factors drew Crawford to Auburn

That feeling of being at home starts first with the Tigers’ coaching staff.

Crawford said that his relationships with Auburn’s secondary coaches in Zac Etheridge and Wesley McGriff played a pretty significant role in his recruitment. Those two in particular had been after him for awhile making Crawford feel like a priority to the class.

It didn’t hurt for Crawford to hear from friends like Kaylin Lee and Terrance Love who constantly how much they love Auburn.

With all of those factors checked off, a strong relationship with the head coach was all Crawford was looking for. He got that with Hugh Freeze.

“I like coach Freeze a lot,” said Crawford, the No. 174 player in the 2024 class. “We talk about every day. He checks on me a lot and has gotten to know my dad so I like what he is about. He’s a chill dude, easy to talk to and made a big impression on me and my family.

“It’s clear that he wants me and has shown he can win as a head coach. I see Coach Freeze taking Auburn back to the top because I know about his history. I’ve seen him at practice and I like his plan for the Auburn program once he gets his recruits on campus.”

• Like 2
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I've noticed that On3 has several players rated as 3* when the other 3 services all have them as 4*. I was looking at the recruiting rankings about an hour ago and I noticed it on not just our commits but other teams commits. Some of their 3* guys on On3 are obvious 4* guys. 

Pointless to look at individual sites. Composites are best even tho they are both still dumb 

• Like 2