The audio recordings and how conservatives move forward.

Just a question for my conservative brothers and sisters who are or have previously been Trump supporters. How do you feel about these audio recordings as it relates to Trump's 2024 presidential run? I would like to think that in a normal world, where national security is taken seriously, doing something so outrageously dangerous and reckless would disqualify him from being a viable candidate for POTUS again. Or any government job, for that matter. Trump has not been convicted and he still deserves his day in court, but you have think that outside of this case getting thrown out on some kind of administrative technicality, Donald Trump is completely f'ed and pretty obviously guilty, based on the evidence already leaked. 

So question is, do you feel like a president that has no regard for protecting classified documents from anyone who will give him attention is still better that a president who, though he may not be as conservative as you want, really hasn't negatively affected your life, or done something so brazen and reckless?

I feel like I already know the answer, but I'm really holding out for some kind of hope that we are getting ready to turn the corner on when enough is enough with this narcissistic sociopath. 

Link is below for anyone who hasn't listened yet.

Love you and WDE!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/26/us/politics/trump-documents-tape-audio.html

Edited by AuCivilEng1

The recordings were available about 10 days ago. I do not understand why they are suddenly THE news story. 

Trump is badly in trouble here folks. He admits that they are not declassified and he knows it. He says it plans not and clearly. I don’t know how he can manufacture a defense at this point. 

19 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

The recordings were available about 10 days ago. I do not understand why they are suddenly THE news story. 

That confused me too. But with it being THE story, I took it as an opportunity to ask the question while it was fresh on everyone's mind.

I don’t know how he can manufacture a defense at this point. 

I don't either. I think the obvious strategies that will be deployed are to avoid a trial before the election and try to get the case thrown out. Really don't see the latter working, either, but I'm no lawyer. 

I will say this. If this doesn't go to trial until the election and Trump ends up winning and pardoning himself from this. We are in major dookie moving forward.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

Screenshot 2021-09-17 123510.jpg

Trump defense in a nutshell.  This is followed by Hunter Hunter Hunter and other various and totally unrelated smokescreens.  It won't work in the court room, but he has a cult ready to eat it up/.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2023 at 7:32 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just a question for my conservative brothers and sisters who are or have previously been Trump supporters. How do you feel about these audio recordings as it relates to Trump's 2024 presidential run?

For me they change nothing. I'll vote for some other candidate in the primary. Should the worst come to pass and we end up with a choice between Trump and Biden, I'll vote for Trump without reservation.