Bud Light sales still tanking

TexasTiger

The Lutherans, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Church of Christ all allow for gay clergy (they have strong disagreement with the original scripture translation from ancient Hebrew and Greek).  There are many more.  So …. yep,  based on this thread - they’re all going straight to hell.

Crap,  thinking about it, I grew up Episcopalian and now go to a Presbyterian Church. Yikes!

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The Lutherans, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Church of Christ all allow for gay clergy (they have strong disagreement with the original scripture translation from ancient Hebrew and Greek).  There are many more.  So …. yep,  based on this thread - they’re all going straight to hell.

Crap,  thinking about it, I grew up Episcopalian and now go to a Presbyterian Church. I’m really cooked!! 

Twice baked.

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Crap,  thinking about it, I grew up Episcopalian and now go to a Presbyterian Church. Yikes!

Do You mean the Apostolic Church of Christ? The Denomination that's actually called the "Church of Christ" doesn't allow gay Church leaders, and are pretty close to Southern Baptists scripturally and theology wise. 

41 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Do You mean the Apostolic Church of Christ? The Denomination that's actually called the "Church of Christ" doesn't allow gay Church leaders, and are pretty close to Southern Baptists scripturally and theology wise. 

I do. Good catch. But again, for most part it’s not a scripture disagreement as much as translation. Ie much of the issue comes from Paul’s letters (not the gospels) which were written in Ancient Greek that had no concept or word for homosexual. The closest translation is male prostitute. The 1st time any mention of gay was introduced was in the king James translation. 

And the debate continues.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/18/2023 at 12:07 PM, icanthearyou said:

BS.  I was born there.  My entire family is there.  They include politicians.

Individually they are good people.  Collectively, politically, they are hypocrites, frauds,,, particularly when you consider their stated religion.

So you sit high on your perch and judge that “good people” are horrible collectively?

Primarily because you disagree with the intersect of their religion and politics rather than agreeing with your 70’s flower child dreamland ideas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

So you sit high on your perch and judge that “good people” are horrible collectively?

Primarily because you disagree with the intersect of their religion and politics rather than agreeing with your 70’s flower child dreamland ideas.

I think an honest appraisal of history and, current political/social/economic policy reflect the truth. 

I understand your emotional response.  However, facts are what matter.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I think an honest appraisal of history and, current political/social/economic policy reflect the truth. 

I understand your emotional response.  However, facts are what matter.

What “policy” are you referring?

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

What “policy” are you referring?

Lack of funding for education, poor ranking in education

Refusal to expand Medicaid/Medicare

Percentage of population living in poverty

Inferior infrastructure particularly in rural and poor counties

One of the largest prison populations and still high crime rate

Lack of democracy, voting restrictions

Lack of worker and consumer protections

Consistently ranks in the top 10 for worst overall health, worst states to live and work in

Consistently ranks in the top 10 for being most dependent upon the federal government

Top 10 in lowest economic upward mobility, highest downward mobility

Top 10 in lowest median income

On 7/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

Eh, I think it’s be pretty fun to hang out with Sir Charles in Hell.

couldn’t be much hotter than it’s been around here in the South lately. 

You are right about the heat . It is brutal. I was in Auburn the last two days and it reminded me why I never went to school in the summer there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Consistently ranks in the top 10 for worst overall health, worst states to live and work in

Consistently ranks in the top 10 for being most dependent upon the federal government

I don’t disagree with you except on voting restrictions. As a political, social and religious conservative, I have to admit that Alabama, in many ways, is backwards.

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Nothing positive huh? 

On 7/20/2023 at 11:17 AM, icanthearyou said:

Those are for the most part fair fact based points. However, you’re implying this is all because of politics and culture.  It’s not.  It’s primarily job and wealth creation potential.   1) less white collar jobs. Alabama has no major US city (ie there literally is no difference between ga and miss except Atlanta - which has over 1/2 the state population) 2)  less blue collar jobs. The reduction of manufacturing jobs to offshoring has been devastating and the agriculture potential is modest (soil and weather in general isn’t as conducive as some other states (ie plain states). 

I agree with your effects. Not the cause. It always comes down to the same 2  base solutions for any culture: jobs and education. Everything else is after the fact bandages.

• Dislike 1

On 7/21/2023 at 12:17 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Those are for the most part fair fact based points. However, you’re implying this is all because of politics and culture.  It’s not.  It’s primarily job and wealth creation potential.   1) less white collar jobs. Alabama has no major US city (ie there literally is no difference between ga and miss except Atlanta - which has over 1/2 the state population) 2)  less blue collar jobs. The reduction of manufacturing jobs to offshoring has been devastating and the agriculture potential is modest (soil and weather in general isn’t as conducive as some other states (ie plain states). 

I agree with your effects. Not the cause. It always comes down to the same 2  base solutions for any culture: jobs and education. Everything else is after the fact bandages.

In 1950 Birmingham was as large as Atlanta. Due to cultural and political reasons, Atlanta developed into a southern "hub" and Birmingham did not.

https://www.al.com/opinion/2019/07/birmingham-and-atlanta-a-tale-of-two-cities.html

https://www.cbs42.com/news/birminghams-missed-opportunity-how-the-magic-city-missed-out-on-delta/

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

In 1950 Birmingham was as large as Atlanta. Due to cultural and political reasons, Atlanta developed into a southern "hub" and Birmingham did not.

https://www.al.com/opinion/2019/07/birmingham-and-atlanta-a-tale-of-two-cities.html

https://www.cbs42.com/news/birminghams-missed-opportunity-how-the-magic-city-missed-out-on-delta/

Losing the airport was devastating.  Companies want direct flights to anywhere. Ultimately it will cap current boom towns like Austin and Nashville. But teleworking may challenge that thinking down the road.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 10:39 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Disciples of Christ, an off shoot of COC.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:17 AM, icanthearyou said:

Post of the Day....