Bud Light sales still tanking

TexasTiger

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I personally can't wait for our personal social credit scores. Like ESG for people! Use the wrong pronouns? Ten grand from Gryffindor...lol.

3ed818f0cdf2377fd71c8d27af25af4a2ade732cf803928927f11b3e814b8751_1_1.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I personally can't wait for our personal social credit scores. Like ESG for people! Use the wrong pronouns? Ten grand from Gryffindor...lol.

3ed818f0cdf2377fd71c8d27af25af4a2ade732cf803928927f11b3e814b8751_1_1.jpg

You’re amplifying pure misinformation. Don’t fall for this crap. 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re amplifying pure misinformation. Don’t fall for this crap. 

I read what I could of HB4474 as passed by the Michigan house. Doesn't seem like misinformation to me. Unless you're a first time offender, then I think it's only $5k fine.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I read what I could of HB4474 as passed by the Michigan house. Doesn't seem like misinformation to me. Unless you're a first time offender, then I think it's only $5k fine.

If you’d read it you’d know the word “pronoun” isn’t in the bill.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/michigan/2023/07/04/michigan-legislature-not-criminalize-pronoun-use-lgbtq-transgender-misgendering-fox-news-daily-mail/70379518007/

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah cause laws are never written broadly enough to include other situations. 

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Anyone who gets their “news” from hannity or maddow ect will always get a 3% sliver of what’s really going on. And then the conspiracy chaos begins.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Yeah cause laws are never written broadly enough to include other situations. 

Laws don’t Trump the First Amendment. This is the right wing media stirring you up.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Laws don’t Trump the First Amendment. This is the right wing media stirring you up.

Yeah sure, once it's taken to court and struck down eventually. Till then it's an abomination.

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Yeah sure, once it's taken to court and struck down eventually. Till then it's an abomination.

BS. That’s not how the law is written.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

BS. That’s not how the law is written.

It's written in a way where if someone can make the case they felt threatened by someone aggressively misgendering them, it could be applied. Goodness knows that never been an argument we have heard from them before. 

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Anyone who gets their “news” from hannity or maddow ect will always get a 3% sliver of what’s really going on. And then the conspiracy chaos begins.

I dont think anyone on this board gets their news from either of those people.

• Haha 1

I don’t trust anyone on the crazy train left. It’s a drive for victims. Many people pushing it have no clue what they’re falling for. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Not pretty but if you go on YouTube for for 3 mins you can find lots of idiots in all parties and demographics.  I know it feels good to believe those who don’t agree just aren’t that bright. But I promise there are plenty of progressives that don’t have the IQ of a chipmunk. But damn they’ve got it all figured out. So while  I tend to agree the Maga guys have way more than their fair share - I think the disagreement is bigger than just SAT scores.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not pretty but if you go on YouTube for for 3 mins you can find lots of idiots in all parties and demographics.  I know it feels good to believe those who don’t agree just aren’t that bright. But I promise there are plenty of progressives that don’t have the IQ of a chipmunk. But damn they’ve got it all figured out. So while  I tend to agree the Maga guys have way more than their fair share - I think the disagreement is bigger than just SAT scores.

I agree.  I think you also have to consider the basic human decency of others.    I do expect people to have a conscience. 

Bigotry and low intellect seem to be common traits.  Most of the people shown aren't thinking for themselves.  Their politics are inane and, irrelevant.  It just so happens they are cultivated and, coalesced by the political right.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

55 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I agree.  I think you also have to consider the basic human decency of others.    I do expect people to have a conscience. 

Bigotry and low intellect seem to be common traits.  Most of the people shown aren't thinking for themselves.  Their politics are inane and, irrelevant.  It just so happens they are cultivated and, coalesced by the political right.

Dude talking with a big stainless steel ring in his nose and large holes in his ears...   

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, icanthearyou said:

"Judges are human beings. ... If you bring crap into the courthouse, they're going to throw you out on your ear," Tisdel said. "They've got other stuff to do."

Tell that to Mark Houck. 

Edited by alexava

On 6/29/2023 at 5:26 PM, TexasTiger said:

Politics & policy aside, this was just an horrendous business decision. What I was most struck by was not highlighting Dylan on a can, although I don’t see what even makes Dylan the chosen face of the trans community, but rather the incredible cluelessness and arrogance displayed in this interview in which the then VP essentially insults the loyal client base suggesting the brand is embarrassed by them. She’s a great illustration of an out of touch Ivy League elitist running marketing for brand she looks down on. Still stunned by this interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2915545/Video-Bud-Light-VP-talks-pivoting-brands-fratty-touch-humor.html

Every time I wander over to this forum to see if there are any interesting discussions, you have posted a new anti-trans thread (however it may be cloaked). It's pretty weird. 

I agree with some of what you said here, but you should know your audience by now. Just skimming this thread, I've seen bragging about boycotting AB and Target, Dylan Mulvaney (who I don't even like) "being strung up by his balls," and the usual, regurgitated, boring as hell "wokeness" rhetoric. 

Not to mention multiple uses of the word "tranny." Pretty sure this is a slur and "hate speech." The #1 rule on this board, as I'm sure you know, is "1. No Cursing, Overly Crude Language or Hate Speech." Too bad there's not a moderator around!

I'm only coming down hard on you because you are smart and might actually listen.

But you can't take umbrage with the fire you ignited. IMO. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cbo said:

Every time I wander over to this forum to see if there are any interesting discussions, you have posted a new anti-trans thread (however it may be cloaked). It's pretty weird. 

I agree with some of what you said here, but you should know your audience by now. Just skimming this thread, I've seen bragging about boycotting AB and Target, Dylan Mulvaney (who I don't even like) "being strung up by his balls," and the usual, regurgitated, boring as hell "wokeness" rhetoric. 

Not to mention multiple uses of the word "tranny." Pretty sure this is a slur and "hate speech." The #1 rule on this board, as I'm sure you know, is "1. No Cursing, Overly Crude Language or Hate Speech." Too bad there's not a moderator around!

I'm only coming down hard on you because you are smart and might actually listen.

Nothing anti-trans about my post or my replies.  But bigotry exists and will show itself. I didn’t ignite it. I don’t think Dylan ignited it, either. But I appreciate your concerns and opinion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cbo said:

“new anti-trans thread”. You are so far off base no review needed. This thread is about a huge blunder by supposedly very intelligent people. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

“new anti-trans thread”. You are so far off base no review needed. This thread is about a huge blunder by supposedly very intelligent people. 

That's how it started. But it became another anti-trans thread, as I detailed with examples in my post. It always does with this topic. That was kind of my point. 

On 7/7/2023 at 7:07 PM, icanthearyou said:

Bigotry and low intellect seem to be common traits.  Most of the people shown aren't thinking for themselves.  Their politics are inane and, irrelevant. 

Sidebar. Just like race and sexual orientation, varied intellect is simply another part of “diversity”.  The reason the left has lost much of its historic base  is that they seem to condescend anyone now who who doesn’t have an extensive vocabulary, passion for the classics, tons of formal education, evt. (all intellectually stimulating but some of it not particularly useful). Imo Elitism is just another form of bigotry, is divisive, and contributes to the current hot mess of politics.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 1