Bud Light sales still tanking

TexasTiger

Politics & policy aside, this was just an horrendous business decision. What I was most struck by was not highlighting Dylan on a can, although I don’t see what even makes Dylan the chosen face of the trans community, but rather the incredible cluelessness and arrogance displayed in this interview in which the then VP essentially insults the loyal client base suggesting the brand is embarrassed by them. She’s a great illustration of an out of touch Ivy League elitist running marketing for brand she looks down on. Still stunned by this interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2915545/Video-Bud-Light-VP-talks-pivoting-brands-fratty-touch-humor.html

• Like 1

hahaha -- A-B really did not think through their marketing.

1. Bud Lite -- halfwit bottom dwellers looking for the cheapest beer they can find.

2. A-B marketing idiots not understanding who is actually buying Bud Lite. See #1.

• Haha 1

What I dont think Bud Light and many pundits who continue to talk about the 'boycott' realize is that it isn't a boycott. I dont know any conservatives that huddle together and coordinate to make sure they're still not buying bud light until some demand is met. Most people I know just changed brands and moved on. I think alot of these sales losses are just Bud light's new norm. 

Bud light ceo made it worse when he blamed consumers not buying bud light for the struggles of employees, distributors, and their families. Bold move, Cotton.

It was a mediocre American beer on a good day. Being #1 in America kind of validated that. I don't think most Americans even care what a beer tastes like. I think most would buy whatever beer was solidly decent and a good value. I know some that drink Natty Lite all day and nite and actually like it.

For everyday, I was drinking Coors Light, Modelo, and Stella, until I found out Stella was an A-B product. Now I drink CL, Stella, or Absolut. The two places we buy from are selling out of Miller and Coors regularly, and have very little Modelo left in stock at all. The A-B products are just not selling anymore. I don't know of a soul talking about going back to A-B. 

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

It was a mediocre American beer on a good day. Being #1 in America kind of validated that. I don't think most Americans even care what a beer tastes like. I think most would buy whatever beer was solidly decent and a good value. I know some that drink Natty Lite all day and nite and actually like it.

For everyday, I was drinking Coors Light, Modelo, and Stella, until I found out Stella was an A-B product. Now I drink CL, Stella, or Absolut. The two places we buy from are selling out of Miller and Coors regularly, and have very little Modelo left in stock at all. The A-B products are just not selling anymore. I don't know of a soul talking about going back to A-B. 

Why?

I don't drink beer (red whiskey is my drink) so I don't pay attention to beer pricing. I do know that on my most recent trip to the grocery they had pyramids of Bud Lite stacked in the aisle with "sale" signs advertising the stuff. The company's higher ups clearly didn't understand who their customers were.

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Sure. But you chose it before for a reason— what was that choice based on?

I never drank BUd Light, before or since. It was just a bad beer to me.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't drink beer (red whiskey is my drink) so I don't pay attention to beer pricing. I do know that on my most recent trip to the grocery they had pyramids of Bud Lite stacked in the aisle with "sale" signs advertising the stuff. The company's higher ups clearly didn't understand who their customers were.

Whats red whiskey? I'm a bourbon man myself. 

I don’t have a dog in this hunt from a beer perspective because I’m more of a bourbon/whiskey guy and if I drink beer it’s Guinness or Yuengling. But 2 things I find interesting. 

1. The conservatives have been bashing cancel culture for years. Now they are leading the charge, not just on this issue but others as well. What is behind that shift?

2. If you’re part of the boycott, how far do you go? For example, have you adjusted your 401K contributions to exclude funds that have A-B shares, Target shares, etc…and how many companies are you planning on making a stand against? If you or your family worked for A-B or Target, would you be willing to quit your job over it?

I’m not asking these things for a debate or argument. Just points of discussion. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

I’m hooked on Yuengling now. I was drinking Bud Light when I couldn’t find the craft beer I had come to like. I used to hate crafts but Covid screwed with my taste for two years and I had to reset everything. 
       I won’t buy AB products anymore either. I moved on. I don’t encourage others or wish them bad, I just can’t do it. Same with target. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m hooked on Yuengling now.

I’m 58 and never tried one until a year or two ago. I really like them. Great story of an American born company too. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m hooked on Yuengling now. I was drinking Bud Light when I couldn’t find the craft beer I had come to like. I used to hate crafts but Covid screwed with my taste for two years and I had to reset everything. 
       I won’t buy AB products anymore either. I moved on. I don’t encourage others or wish them bad, I just can’t do it. Same with target. 

Why?

I still drink Mich Ultra by AB because I like it. Wouldn’t care if they covered the can with trannie pics. Also buy Fusion 5 razor blades from Target. IMO best razor on the market. Expensive for a shave and Walmart has a lock on their stock. I have bought vehicles in less time than it takes to get Gillette Fusion 5 blades at Wal Mart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wouldn’t care if they covered the can with trannie pics.

Salty!?!? Do you wear a tuck-friendly bathing suit from Target at the the same time you drink Mich Ultra?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, alexava said:

What craft beer can you not find? Why hate craft beer?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Why?

I don’t want to support... not only trannies but the idea that they have to be embraced. I don’t buy into it. Before the publicity started advertising it as a new trend I never knew one. It’s becoming a social contagion and a way for youngsters to join the victim pool..and I’m firmly against it being applauded. No matter what AB does I’m compelled to go another direction. Target is even worse but I rarely ever went there anyway.. I’m in the majority too.  

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What craft beer can you not find? Why hate craft beer?

Yazoo Gerst amber ale brewed in Nashville. I drank Coors Lite exclusively for 25 years. When I would go to the bars that were craft only I never found one I could enjoy many I couldn’t finish. I swapped to ultra to lose weight. Didn’t work so I tried to go back and Coors light was horrible. So I settled on Bud Light. Then Covid screwed my taste BIGLY. Beer tasted like soap. Hell I couldn’t eat meat for a year. As I started getting back to normal I was hanging out with guys that understood craft beer better. I settled in on amber ales mostly. But a few others I liked. I think there’s a Cahaba brewery that makes Southern Prohibition that’s ok. Black Bear brewery makes one called above ground pool or AGP.. 
    Some of the musicians we go see play in these bars that only offer craft. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

If you’re part of the boycott, how far do you go?

Stopped walking into Dick's Sporting Goods years ago. No longer go into Target. For the first time in my life I'm wearing jeans other than Levi's. That's about it so far, but the list will probably grow.

13 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Whats red whiskey? I'm a bourbon man myself. 

Maker's Mark bourbon is red whiskey and that's what I usually drink. Once or twice a year I may try a bottle of Woodford Reserve.

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I don’t want to support... not only trannies but the idea that they have to be embraced. I don’t buy into it. Before the publicity started advertising it as a new trend I never knew one. It’s becoming a social contagion and a way for youngsters to join the victim pool..and I’m firmly against it being applauded. No matter what AB does I’m compelled to go another direction. Target is even worse but I rarely ever went there anyway.. I’m in the majority too.  

Okay. But is AB truly pushing any agenda you oppose? This was a single can produced and promoted on an individual’s social media channels. No ad campaign. Not even a single TV ad. Appears to have been the decision of one executive who’s been removed. I’d say the evidence is that there is no corporate embrace of anything. In fact, AB has distanced from Dylan.