Bud Light sales still tanking

TexasTiger

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Okay. But is AB truly pushing any agenda you oppose? This was a single can produced and promoted on an individual’s social media channels. No ad campaign. Not even a single TV ad. Appears to have been the decision of one executive who’s been removed. I’d say the evidence is that there is no corporate embrace of anything. In fact, AB has distanced from Dylan.

And tying it into a national promotion was what exactly? Dm went on her podcast and promoted the national Easy Carry Contest where the winner was awarded $15K. 

34 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And tying it into a national promotion was what exactly? Dm went on her podcast and promoted the national Easy Carry Contest where the winner was awarded $15K. 

I assume you’re talking about Dylan promoting the brand on their social media channels. That’s pretty much what I said. One executive engaged Dylan to promote the brand on their own media. No corporate ad campaign. No corporate produced commercial or point of sale materials.

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 9:17 AM, Gowebb11 said:

The conservatives have been bashing cancel culture for years. Now they are leading the charge, not just on this issue but others as well. What is behind that shift?

It's simple, it depends on what's being cancelled or boycotted. If it goes against your belief or conviction then cancel away. The Bud thing hurts a lot of people in that company that might feel the same way. I don't drink it, always preferred Coors but had to move on to Redbridge due to gluten allergy. Redbridge is distributed by AB but it's the best one I've tasted so far. What's offensive to me is not necessarily how someone lives their life, that's between them and God. I just don't see the need to broadcast your lifestyle to the world. That's the area that becomes offensive to me. AB miscalculated badly and it's cost them big time.  A lot of people who were out of the loop of that decision are dealing with the consequences. 

• Like 1

It’s really too late for me. I’m off their products. I may not always feel this way but right now I do. My own employer pushes this crap on employees but hides it from public. I am beyond sick of it. 
        I’m not sure I buy the idea this one woman did this all on her own anyway. And while they have distanced themselves, they have not come out and said plainly “ hey we ****** up involving this sick bastard with our brand”.. that might do it for me.  If this one marketing executive did this solo, they should have no qualms about stressing it. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, alexava said:

It’s really too late for me. I’m off their products. I may not always feel this way but right now I do. My own employer pushes this crap on employees but hides it from public. I am beyond sick of it. 
        I’m not sure I buy the idea this one woman did this all on her own anyway. And while they have distanced themselves, they have not come out and said plainly “ hey we ****** up involving this sick bastard with our brand”.. that might do it for me.  If this one marketing executive did this solo, they should have no qualms about stressing it. 

Well, they aren’t gonna be that irrational. Not choosing to go a direction doesn’t require an overreaction.

Is it really a boycott? Or is it just people tired of dealing with virtue signaling corps?

This is not organized. There arent any demands of "do this or else." I see it as the drinkers of s***ty beer are tired of virtue signaling.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Is tit really a boycott? Or is it just people tired of dealing with virtue signaling corps?

This is not organized. There are any demands of "do this or else." I see it as the drinkers of s***ty beer are tired of virtue signaling.

It is organized though. If it wasn't, most of the people participating wouldn't have seen or heard of the ad as the only place to see it was on Dylans social media page.

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

It is organized though. If it wasn't, most of the people participating wouldn't have seen or heard of the ad as the only place to see it was on Dylans social media page.

Like I and DKW said before though, there are no demands, and no plans to return to the brand. Every person I have talked to about it has said they have no plans to drink it regardless of what bud light did. They changed brands. It's not a boycott.

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Like I and DKW said before though, there are no demands, and no plans to return to the brand. Every person I have talked to about it has said they have no plans to drink it regardless of what bud light did. They changed brands. It's not a boycott.

Boycott: withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

11 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Boycott: withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

Boycott implies there's going to be an end to this when budlight gets their stuff straight. That's not going to be the case. Maybe it started as a boycott but eventually if you never go back it's not a boycott any longer. I feel like we are there.

Edited by KansasTiger

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Boycott implies there's going to be an end to this when budlight gets their stuff straight. That's not going to be the case.

You can accept or reject the definition of boycott, I really could care less, but this AB situation is the definition of a boycott.

Just now, arein0 said:

You can accept or reject the definition of boycott, I really could care less, but this AB situation is the definition of a boycott.

Ok buddy 👍

To clarify, the boycott is the initial response/protest to Budlights sponsored post for Dylan. They did not change their crappy beer to be worse overnight. And I would doubt that many people just woke up one day and magically realized Budlight wasn't a good beer.

If it wasn't organized like DKW claims, then most would not have seen the post or even be aware that post existed. 

Whether the costumers have plans to come back or not does not change the fact that it is a boycott. 

I'm not sure why some refuse to call it what it is and try to weasel out of a definition. Just own it. You only look worse when you don't. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

It doesn’t feel like a boycott I’m participating in but by definition it is. Again I don’t encourage anyone else but I take comfort knowing it’s actually a larger issue. 
     My brother hates this crap way more than I do but he doesn’t want to change beer. He says that is just self punishment. It’s just how each individual feels about it. 

51 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Boycott implies there's going to be an end to this when budlight gets their stuff straight. That's not going to be the case. Maybe it started as a boycott but eventually if you never go back it's not a boycott any longer. I feel like we are there.

Boycott’s can be permanent, especially when those boycotting are irrational.

Just now, alexava said:

It doesn’t feel like a boycott I’m participating in but by definition it is. Again I don’t encourage anyone else but I take comfort knowing it’s actually a larger issue. 
     My brother hates this crap way more than I do but he doesn’t want to change beer. He says that is just self punishment. It’s just how each individual feels about it. 

Your brother seems rational.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Boycott’s can be permanent, especially when those boycotting are irrational.

Maybe it's:

1. A rational boycott,

2. An irrational protest,

3. An irrational boycott, or

4. A rational protest,

Pick your choice. The bottomline is still pretty much the same.😀

20 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Maybe it's:

1. A rational boycott,

2. An irrational protest,

3. An irrational boycott, or

4. A rational protest,

Pick your choice. The bottomline is still pretty much the same.😀

You have a bit of redundancy here. A boycott is a form of protest.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/anheuser-busch-ceo-addressing-problem-customers-away-exec-warns

"This chasm that we're seeing between Bud Light and its consumers is only going to intensify because every time you come out with one of these weak statements or some of these just platitudes," former Anheuser-Busch President Anson Frericks said on "Varney & Co." Monday.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Your brother seems rational.

He is rational. But if he had it his way Dillon Mulvany would be strung up my his balls if he entered a ladies restroom. He also doesn’t like Yuengling like I do. Me or anyone else who feel like AB products don’t deserve our business anymore are not irrational. And we damn sure don’t owe them anything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arein0 said:

Who on here got the memo to boycott?   I didn't.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

He is rational. But if he had it his way Dillon Mulvany would be strung up my his balls if he entered a ladies restroom. He also doesn’t like Yuengling like I do. Me or anyone else who feel like AB products don’t deserve our business anymore are not irrational. And we damn sure don’t owe them anything. 

One can get in a angry snit over whatever they choose.  I’ve never had a particular allegiance to any one beer. Years ago, my soft drink of choice was Mountain Dew. Short of something extreme like running an ad campaign denying the Holocaust, I can’t imagine not drinking them over marketing, especially something so minimal in scope of things.