Bud Light sales still tanking

TexasTiger

9 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

What did I post that was bad?

You've had multiple. The last one I have hidden finally triggered my response. This is intended to be a serious discussion on which folks can take differing positions. But do so maturely or don't participate.

Down on the coast this week and visited some friends up at PCB yesterday. They insisted I take all Michelob Ultra from their cooler. It was left over after a recent gathering. Ended up being quite a bit of the 7.5 oz can variety.

Enjoy this boycott of AB when it equals free beer.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:57 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Not cool. I only spent 4 years of my life living in Alabama . Auburn. The rest of my time in 6 cities, 4 of them overseas. And while certainly not perfect, I am positive that if my car broke down ,the odds of somebody stopping to help me are higher in Alabama than any place I’ve ever been. By far. Disagreeing is one thing, but denigrating in broad strokes. Be better than that.

Very well said. 

https://www.mediaite.com/news/charles-barkley-destroys-critics-of-bud-light-theyre-rednecks-and-aholes/

Go Charles!

“Hey, lemme tell you something. All you rednecks or a**holes who don’t want to drink Bud Light, **** y’all. Hey, y’all can’t cancel me!” Barkley said to a mixture of cheers and booing from the crowd.

“Hey, I ain’t worried about getting canceled because lemme tell you something, if y’all fire me and gimme all that money, I’m gonna be playing golf every ******* day. So listen, as I said last night, if you’re gay, God bless you. If you’re trans, God bless you. And if you have a problem with them – **** you,” Barkley concluded."

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/charles-barkley-destroys-critics-of-bud-light-theyre-rednecks-and-aholes/

Go Charles!

“Hey, lemme tell you something. All you rednecks or a**holes who don’t want to drink Bud Light, **** y’all. Hey, y’all can’t cancel me!” Barkley said to a mixture of cheers and booing from the crowd.

“Hey, I ain’t worried about getting canceled because lemme tell you something, if y’all fire me and gimme all that money, I’m gonna be playing golf every ******* day. So listen, as I said last night, if you’re gay, God bless you. If you’re trans, God bless you. And if you have a problem with them – **** you,” Barkley concluded."

Interestingly enough, Charles has recently been hired by CNN as a talking head.  He seems to be getting into the role.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interestingly enough, Charles has recently been hired by CNN as a talking head.  He seems to be getting into the role.

Barkley has had socially liberal views for a long time. He used to be a Republican, but left in 2006 saying they "Became too crazy" and he's publicly supported lgbtq rights for decades. 

51 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Barkley has had socially liberal views for a long time. He used to be a Republican, but left in 2006 saying they "Became too crazy" and he's publicly supported lgbtq rights for decades. 

The only thing I could find about LGB was a comment that he played with gay players before and that was in 2011.  Then it was repeated in 2013 and yet did not mention the TQ part of the coalition.  

In 2022 he started to add the TQ and, of course, is now more vocal about the TQ in recent days.  It just seems odd to make that transition now that he is part of the CNN team.

I wonder if he supports trans women competing in women sports?  Someone needs to get into the weeds with him to see if he really supports the TQ of the coalition.  He seems to have fallen into the group that can’t determine the difference in the letters of the *alphabet mafia*.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The only thing I could find about LGB was a comment that he played with gay players before and that was in 2011.  Then it was repeated in 2013 and yet did not mention the TQ part of the coalition.  

In 2022 he started to add the TQ and, of course, is now more vocal about the TQ in recent days.  It just seems odd to make that transition now that he is part of the CNN team.

I wonder if he supports trans women competing in women sports?  Someone needs to get into the weeds with him to see if he really supports the TQ of the coalition.  He seems to have fallen into the group that can’t determine the difference in the letters of the *alphabet mafia*.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/invoking-dr-king-charles_b_811085

Barkley is also no dilettante on the issue of LGBT rights, especially impressive in the often-homophobic hamlet of professional sports. As early as August 2006 on Fox Sports, the NBA Hall of Famer said, "I'm a big advocate of gay marriage. If they want to get married, God bless them."
In 2008, speaking to a rather rattled Wolf Blitzer on CNN, Barkley said, "Every time I hear the word 'conservative,' it makes me sick to my stomach, because they're really just fake Christians, as I call them. That's all they are. ... I think they want to be judge and jury. Like, I'm for gay marriage. It's none of my business if gay people want to get married. I'm pro-choice. And I think these Christians, first of all, they're not supposed to judge other people. But they're the most hypocritical judge of people we have in the country. And it bugs the hell out of me. They act like they're Christians. They're not forgiving at all."

I don't think he's made any transition in his words or thinking. And he started advocating for trans rights before he was ever signed on for CNN. 

The trans discussion hasn't really come into the mainstream till several years ago, which would explain why Barkley didn't comment on them. Back in the early-mid 2000's (and before)  the same Conservatives who are against the trans community today used to be equally against Gay marriage and gay rights. It was about 'protecting' kids from the evil gay groomers and lifestyle then too. 

Conservatives like to pretend they've always been open to gay rights, but they were vehemently opposed to them until the Federal government forced the issue and they realized they had no choice but to fall in line.

Just like they had to do with segregation and Jim Crowe laws. 

Notice a pattern here? 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

23 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The trans discussion hasn't really come into the mainstream till several years ago, which would explain why Barkley didn't comment on them

I wonder why that was?  Could in be the T and Q didn’t enter into the coalition until after the SCOTUS said Gays could get married?

27 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Conservatives like to pretend they've always been open to gay rights, but they were vehemently opposed to them until the Federal government forced the issue and they realized they had no choice but to fall in line.

What an assumption.

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Just like they had to do with segregation and Jim Crowe laws. 

Republicans actually were at the forefront in eliminating these wrongs.  The Democrats fought tooth and nail to implement them and keep them in the government.  The conservative part depended on what part of the country you were living in.

The bottom line for me is how Charles rectifies *gender affirming care* for minors?  Does he believe it is life saving or does he carve that out of the mental illness the trans community suffer from?

On 7/16/2023 at 10:57 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Not cool. I only spent 4 years of my life living in Alabama . Auburn. The rest of my time in 6 cities, 4 of them overseas. And while certainly not perfect, I am positive that if my car broke down ,the odds of somebody stopping to help me are higher in Alabama than any place I’ve ever been. By far. Disagreeing is one thing, but denigrating in broad strokes. Be better than that.

BS.  I was born there.  My entire family is there.  They include politicians.

Individually they are good people.  Collectively, politically, they are hypocrites, frauds,,, particularly when you consider their stated religion.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wonder why that was?  Could in be the T and Q didn’t enter into the coalition until after the SCOTUS said Gays could get married?

Yeah, like I said, after they discovered they lost the fight against Gay Rights they turned to trans people. 

What an assumption.

I'm not assuming anything because it it was only 10-15 years ago and I was actually alive to see/witness it. 

Republicans actually were at the forefront in eliminating these wrongs.  The Democrats fought tooth and nail to implement them and keep them in the government.  The conservative part depended on what part of the country you were living in.

That's why I said "Conservatives". The Southern Democrats of that Jim Crowe era were social Conservatives.

The bottom line for me is how Charles rectifies *gender affirming care* for minors?  Does he believe it is life saving or does he carve that out of the mental illness the trans community suffer from?

I don't know. Better go boycott some Bud light to save the Children though!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, like I said, after they discovered they lost the fight against Gay Rights they turned to trans people. 

You can’t see what is in front of your face.  One the LGB won their rights, the coalition had to keep the momentum going and the Trans and Questioning stepped right up.  There are a lot of the original LGB group that are turning on the T and Q because they have high jacked the movement just for followers.  The coalition is so diverse now that the only people that aren’t in the group are straight white males.

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm not assuming anything because it it was only 10-15 years ago and I was actually alive to see/witness it. 

In your small sphere of your world.

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't know. Better go boycott some Bud light to save the Children though!

Again, you are not even in the ball park.  This boycott has nothing to do with saving the children, it has to do with marketing executives not understanding their customers.

Do you believe a child has the capability to make life altering decisions at as young as 9 or 10?  Does the government have a responsibility to protect the most vulnerable among us?

Are you capable of separating the letters of the coalition to understand not all are the same?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

BS.  I was born there.  My entire family is there.  They include politicians.

Individually they are good people.  Collectively, politically, they are hypocrites, frauds,,, particularly when you consider their stated religion.

“They” and them. Lumping whole populations together into neat PowerPoint bullets. This forum needs a trained marriage counselor to talk about communication skills. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

Just my opinion based on knowing Barkley for a long time. My first cousin was his high school BB coach and I had several interfaces when he played at AU. He is a foul mouthed jerk and I wish he wasn't even associated with AU let alone have a statue at the arena. If I was Pres. of AU  or our AD I would tell him to take his money and shove it. As I said JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Just my opinion based on knowing Barkley for a long time. My first cousin was his high school BB coach and I had several interfaces when he played at AU. He is a foul mouthed jerk and I wish he wasn't even associated with AU let alone have a statue at the arena. If I was Pres. of AU  or our AD I would tell him to take his money and shove it. As I said JMHO.

I have a feeling your opinion is based more on his politics and commentary than it is about him saying cuss words and being a jerk sometimes. 

AU disassociating from Charles would hurt Auburn Waaayyy more than it'd hurt Barkley. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

“They” and them. Lumping whole populations together into neat PowerPoint bullets. This forum needs a trained marriage counselor to talk about communication skills. 

Perhaps it is your reading ability?  There is a distinction drawn between individuals and, the collective.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Go Charles!

Man I love Charles. He knows he will be on the right side of the history books. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I have a feeling your opinion is based more on his politics and commentary than it is about him saying cuss words and being a jerk sometimes. 

AU disassociating from Charles would hurt Auburn Waaayyy more than it'd hurt Barkley. 

Straight facts. Auburn fans forget. Most people outside of the South don’t even know where Auburn is, what state it is in or that it’s a university. 

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Charles is paid to be funny and comment on BB games. His political views don’t matter at all to me or most Auburn folks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Didba said:

Man I love Charles. He knows he will be on the right side of the history books. 

But on the wrong side of God.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

But on the wrong side of God.

Eh, I think it’s be pretty fun to hang out with Sir Charles in Hell.

couldn’t be much hotter than it’s been around here in the South lately. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
Edited out religious argument.