When Government silences the opposition

On 11/4/2023 at 2:24 PM, homersapien said:

It's about forcing your ideology on to society at large.

Wrong. The viewpoint neutral laws and regulations we’ve been discussing—the very ones that you mentioned—do precisely the opposite. 

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 3:48 PM, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I don't think either side is more righteous.

I do think it's self evident that the one thing every one of the left's policies has in common is that they all oppose, undermine, and sometimes deliberately seek to weaken or destroy or replace traditional Judaeo-Christian values.   Whether someone thinks that's more or less righteous is up for debate, I suppose, but I don't think it's really reasonably debatable that it's true.

Practically/policy speaking, even if both parties are pushing us toward oblivion, which many populists on both sides like to argue these days, as with so many things in life it comes down to a matter of degree and speed.  Republicans act like they want to take their time getting there.  Make the trip last as long as they can, enjoy the sights along the way.  Bottom line, I feel like at age 53 I can outrun the effects of the vast majority of Republican policies.  

The left, on the other hand, acts like they've got about a 10 year window to completely ruin the country and if they can't get it done in that time frame then they lose their chance and have to go home frustrated.  I don't think anyone under about age 75 or so can outrun Democratic policies.

Case in point, I heard on the radio that the money supply has increased 40% in the last two and a half years.  Gee, I wonder why inflation is as bad as it is?  I just can't figure it out...it can't be Bidenomics, because the media says that's doing us all a favor (as Biden prepares to print another 100+ Billion to split between Ukraine and Israel.)

What are those anti Judeo-Christian values?  Is making certain everyone has access to health care somehow anti Christian?  Certainly not.  Is supporting a country like Ukraine, which has been subjected to an unprovoked invasion, and helping them defend themselves somehow anti Christian?  No.  The most anti-Judeo-Christian leader in politics is on the verge of being the Republican candidate for President again.  You cannot endorse his blatant lies and his efforts to undermine the peaceful transfer of power and then pretend that Republicans have clean hands when it comes to the direction of the country.

Here is a thought.... Let government stay out of the bedroom and save the culture wars for gossip time at the barber shop.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Here is a thought.... Let government stay out of the bedroom and save the culture wars for gossip time at the barber shop.

Staying out of the bedroom is one thing (I agree), but when government silences information that doesn’t fit their current narrative about the culture wars is going too far.  The leaked Trans Manifesto is a testament to that.

The government is bending over backwards to promote this ideology and, because it is not a religion, gets a pass from the libs and this administration.  Talking at the barber shop is not going to fix that problem and it is a problem when kids are sterilized for being confused at a young age about who they are.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wrong. The viewpoint neutral laws and regulations we’ve been discussing—the very ones that you mentioned—do precisely the opposite. 

No, you are wrong.  I am right.  :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien