Brandon Jacobs

Raven_tiger

I support Brandon. He came to AU and apparently did not understand the caliber of the two players ahead of him. He is good enough to start at most schools, and this frustrated him. He had to play to make it to the pros. He got his panties in a wad and left in less than the best way. Heck, he's young and dumb - I imagine he'd change the way he left if he could do it again.

I support Brandon.  He came to AU and apparently did not understand the caliber of the two players ahead of him.  He is good enough to start at most schools, and this frustrated him.  He had to play to make it to the pros.  He got his panties in a wad and left in less than the best way.  Heck, he's young and dumb - I imagine he'd change the way he left if he could do it again.

175265[/snapback]

Im sure your right, and to be honest, I know I can act that same way.

But man, the racist comments could've done more damage than he thought. We were going through that SACS crap and all we needed was a player leaving the team and blaming it on racism, when 3/4ths of the whole team is his own skin color.

I have no doubt he will be a impact player for the Giants. But it is not fair to compare his performance so far to Ronnie and Cadillac, Ronnie has zero carries, and Carnell only 5. Let's look again at mid-season. I will not be surprised if Brandon is close or over in yardage, but I don't think he will overshadow the other 2 former AU RBs...

I have no doubt he will be a impact player for the Giants.  But it is not fair to compare his performance so far to Ronnie and Cadillac, Ronnie has zero carries, and Carnell only 5.  Let's look again at mid-season.  I will not be surprised if Brandon is close or over in yardage, but I don't think he will overshadow the other 2 former AU RBs...

175293[/snapback]

That's why I said "so far". Ronnie doesn't have an OL or QB to support him. Caddy is not in much better shape in Tampa. Brandon may be surrounded by a better overall team than Ronnie and Caddy. Result: Possible better year for Brandon??? It will be interesting to see...

I have no doubt he will be a impact player for the Giants.  But it is not fair to compare his performance so far to Ronnie and Cadillac, Ronnie has zero carries, and Carnell only 5.  Let's look again at mid-season.  I will not be surprised if Brandon is close or over in yardage, but I don't think he will overshadow the other 2 former AU RBs...

175293[/snapback]

In fact , none of the three has played in an official game yet--it's only preseason.

I scooped up Ronnie for my fantasy football team although I am worried about the team surrounding him. I'm hoping he'll be a workhorse and if so, even with the suspect O-line, he's gonna have some yards piling up. His APC may suck though.

I'm gonna try to get Brandon in late rounds in case he gets goal-line carries or Tiki Barber gets injured.

Couldn't snag Cadillac but Rudi's one of my starters.

I'd love to take Campbell but don't see it paying off right now.

I'm gonna be screaming WAR EAGLE! on Sundays now too!

I hope he does well in the nfl. Bad timing for him to come to AU. He said a few dumb things but I'm over it and wish him well.

175324[/snapback]

Agreed. His senior year in HS many thought he would never make it to Division I. He went to AU initially out of loyalty, but saw the handwriting on the wall. I wish he had left like a mature 35 year old without everything on the line, but he was a 21 year-old who knew the opportunity he had worked for might be slipping away. He's earned this chance and I wish him well. And if he turns out to be the most successful of the three, wouldn't that be something?-- (not my wish, BTW.)

I'm sure at some point that Jacobs will have a career in the NFL. However, the Giants head coach, while giving Jacobs some positive comments, also went on to zero in very specifically on his shortcomings. He stated, just like Auburn's staff did when Jacobs was at :au: , that he still runs to straight-up and down, carries himself too high when running, and doesn't pick up his feet enough while running. What this all means is while there is a lot of size to bring down, its easier to bring a guy down who hasn't "gotten himself behind his pads and "running downhill". The similarity of the remarks by the Giants and :au: staf is uncanny. Just an observation. War damn Eagle!

As long as continues to average 6.1 yards per carry, he could run backwards and Giant fans wouldn't care...

175445[/snapback]

Yeah, and he's sure to do that against #1 defenses in the NFL week after week, just like he doing it now against back-ups and auditioning free-agents. Ya think?

As long as continues to average 6.1 yards per carry, he could run backwards and Giant fans wouldn't care...

175445[/snapback]

Yeah, and he's sure to do that against #1 defenses in the NFL week after week, just like he doing it now against back-ups and auditioning free-agents. Ya think?

175461[/snapback]

Really??? :blink:

He will do pretty well this year (IMO), not 6.1 yards per carry. But a good season nonetheless.

I wasn't real happy with Brandon's comments during his exit but I do feel like he should have been utilized more. Ronnie was out most of 2003 and Brandon was rarely used.

I wasn't real happy with Brandon's comments during his exit but I do feel like he should have been utilized more.  Ronnie was out most of 2003 and Brandon was rarely used.

175529[/snapback]

I argued the same thing back then. He should have gotten more 4th quarter carries. Some even went as far as saying his best opportunity for the pros would be TE of DE. I laughed at them then and I laugh now. No he was not ronnie or Carnell, but the kid could move the ball. At his size, you only need about 3 yds a carry. I stated then that the NFL wold love him. They are always looking for a big guy that can run the ball. There are a lot of small backs in the NFL and those guys need a counter-part. I think he is in the best situation he could be in. He could have a long healthy career there. And help keep Tiki around for an even longer amount of time.

I wasn't real happy with Brandon's comments during his exit but I do feel like he should have been utilized more.  Ronnie was out most of 2003 and Brandon was rarely used.

175529[/snapback]

I argued the same thing back then. He should have gotten more 4th quarter carries. Some even went as far as saying his best opportunity for the pros would be TE of DE. I laughed at them then and I laugh now. No he was not ronnie or Carnell, but the kid could move the ball. At his size, you only need about 3 yds a carry. I stated then that the NFL wold love him. They are always looking for a big guy that can run the ball. There are a lot of small backs in the NFL and those guys need a counter-part. I think he is in the best situation he could be in. He could have a long healthy career there. And help keep Tiki around for an even longer amount of time.

175530[/snapback]

He only had 3 carries against Thug U..I don't blame him for being irate...

Archived