2024 4* CB Jalewis Solomon (10/16: South Carolina)

ellitor

20 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

College football is no longer innocent.

Was it ever? All this stuff was going on before NIL. It just wasn't NCAA legal.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

4-star ATH Jalewis Solomon decommits from Auburn

The 4-star ATH committed to Auburn in August.

Christian Clemente8 mins

After going back and forth between Auburn and South Carolina and ultimately committing to Auburn in August, Jalewis Solomon is rethinking things again. The 4-star athlete from Schley County (Ga.) backed off his commitment to Auburn on Tuesday, as the Gamecocks have continued to push for him.

A versatile athlete capable of playing cornerback or wide receiver, the industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranks Solomon as the No. 199 player, No. 15 athlete and No. 26 player from Georgia. 247Sports ranks Solomon as the No. 38 athlete and No. 44 player from Georgia.

From Schley County, Solomon is the younger brother of Auburn defensive end Zykevious Walker, with 2025 5-star Zayden Walker the youngest of the three brothers.

Auburn Undercover was in attendance for Solomon's game a couple of weeks ago, with South Carolina secondary coach Torrian Gray spotted on the sideline. The Gamecocks were the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite going into commitment day and remain the favorite to land his services now. Both Kentucky and Florida State also recruited Solomon during the summer.

It remains to be seen how involved Auburn remains in his recruitment, but Solomon recently told Auburn Undercover that he plans to take his official visit for the Iron Bowl. Solomon's lone visit to Auburn this year was for the UMass season opener.

In the 2024 class, Auburn still holds commitments in the secondary from 4-star A’Mon Lane, 4-star Kensley Faustin, 4-star Jalyn Crawford and 4-star Jayden Lewis. Auburn remains in pursuit of 5-star Florida State commit KJ Bolden, Miami commit Zaquan Patterson, JUCO safety Laquan Robinson and 3-stars Kaleb Harris and Antonio White. 

Auburn has 17 commitments in the Class of 2024, ranking No. 18 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings.

Through six games at Schley County, Solomon has 28 receptions for 588 yards and eight touchdowns with seven tackles, two interceptions, three pass breakups and a defensive touchdown.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 2:06 PM, DAG said:

It shouldn’t . He had a superb relationship wit USCe but I am betting they cannot match close to what we offered NIL wise. 

Well that was a quick change hehe 

• Sad 1

So we lost Bolden and everyone told us not to worry Solomon was just as good or better.

Now we don't have either :sad2:

• Like 2

Just wait and see… early signing period is upon us and I got a sneaky feeling some big dominos are going to fall in our favor! No inside info, just my big ole gut rumbling… or u may just be hungry 🤤 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

everyone told us not to worry Solomon was just as good or better.

Who's everyone? I know I didn't say it.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* CB Jalewis Solomon decommits from AU
21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Who's everyone? I know I didn't say it.

I'm sorry I used a hyperbole

Are apologies even a thing in recruiting? Kids be kids. An "apology" is an adult thing. Kids don't apologize.

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

SOUNDS like he wants to play WR and that’s not what we were offering?

At this point we should have every player try out for receiver first and then go from there accordingly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, AURex said:

Kids don't apologize.

Then they weren't raised right.  Wrong is wrong, fault is fault, and accountability is king

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Kids are being paid to visit, paid not to visit, paid to commit, paid not to commit.  There'll be lots of signing day drama coming out of that setup.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

You better see the doc and get a shot. I caught a case of hyperboles once, still not walking right.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Kids are being paid to visit, paid not to visit, paid to commit, paid not to commit.  There'll be lots of signing day drama coming out of that setup.  

Man, if I was a recruit from just a couple of years ago, I would be so salty not getting any benefits from all this.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

1 hour ago, Tiger1992 said:

You better see the doc and get a shot. I caught a case of hyperboles once, still not walking right.

If any one of them gets infected they will take over your writing.