Georgia Grand Jury Returns 10 out of 10 Charges

Didba

16 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

And I'm sure that crew asked Ms. Freeman some tough questions...I'd love to see a competent defense attorney cross-examine her. Let her explain why she said what she said to the cops and make the body cam public.

I doubt the Georgia case will make it to trial before the election, and it will probably wind up in federal court. But I wish it would go to trial.  What's interesting about this case (and January 6th) is it opens up the fraud charges in a way that has not been heard yet. The problem with the election challenge cases is that the standard to overturn an election is impossibly high, and judges are very reluctant to do so. Most of the cases have been dismissed on standing. Look at the Kari Lake case. She showed that the chain of custody wasn't kept on hundreds of thousands of ballots from drop boxes. Courts said too bad.  She showed that the signature verification was a joke with  hundreds of thousands of ballots verified in an average of 2 seconds each, and many in under a second. The court said too bad, since they at least pretended to do it. She showed they broke the Arizona law on counting incoming mail-in ballots and sent them to a 3rd party counting operation without a count.  Nobody can prove whether the same number came back. 35,000 more than the "estimate" came back. Tough luck, not enough proof.  But reasonable people believe fraud occurred and that will be the standard in the Georgia case. Did Trump have reason to believe fraud occurred?  Trump can come up with hundreds, maybe thousands of solid examples to justify his belief in the election fraud.  Heck, 40,000 sworn affidavits attesting to fraud in the 2020 election were delivered to the Georgia governor. Let it all come out.  If Trump's lawyers can't show why he had a reasonable belief in fraud in Georgia, by all means convict him. But let's have some transparency for a change.

Bill Barr, the DOJ, FBI and Republicans in the Governor's office, Secretary of State's office and Lt Governor's office in Georgia all told him that there was no fraud to the level that would have changed the results of the election.  In other words, you may find someone that their family filled out their ballot for them after they had died and illegally sent that ballot in, but you won't find many and they won't be enough to change the outcome of the election.  Giuliani has now admitted that he lied about Ruby Freeman and other election workers.  There was an audit and a recount.  It is beyond me what else someone would need to understand that the results were valid.

Had Trump won by 10 votes, he would have never had an issue with the process.  It is only when he lost that he created all the false narratives that live on today.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

People forget that until the post war boom, we weren't exactly a shining example of how to do things in the world.  But for scientists that immigrated from Europe, we would have never developed the bomb before Hitler or Japan.  Allowing Hitler to rise to power was just as much on us as on the rest of Europe.  We all wanted to ignore the problem until it could no  longer be ignored.

But for American resources and funding those European scientists wouldn't have had the wherewithal to develop the bomb.

"Allowing Hitler to rise to power was just as much on us as on the rest of Europe."  That's absolute nonsense. You missed your opportunity. You should have gone along with Obama on his Apologize for America tour.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

But for American resources and funding those European scientists wouldn't have had the wherewithal to develop the bomb.

"Allowing Hitler to rise to power was just as much on us as on the rest of Europe."  That's absolute nonsense. You missed your opportunity. You should have gone along with Obama on his Apologize for America tour.

Monroe doctrine? Might need to do some light reading.

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

F32Dd_bbYAMHljq?format=jpg&name=small

Fine, AU9377, let's litigate the actual claims. Here's one of the 40,000 sworn affidavits.

Link is broke.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Got a link the “apology tour”?

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Bill Barr, the DOJ, FBI and Republicans in the Governor's office, Secretary of State's office and Lt Governor's office in Georgia all told him that there was no fraud to the level that would have changed the results of the election.  In other words, you may find someone that their family filled out their ballot for them after they had died and illegally sent that ballot in, but you won't find many and they won't be enough to change the outcome of the election.  Giuliani has now admitted that he lied about Ruby Freeman and other election workers.  There was an audit and a recount.  It is beyond me what else someone would need to understand that the results were valid.

Had Trump won by 10 votes, he would have never had an issue with the process.  It is only when he lost that he created all the false narratives that live on today.

Almost every case of voting fraud that surfaces is by Republicans anyway.

18 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

True enough, but pretty much applies to the democrats also.  It's why the uniparty reigns supreme.  Trump has some distasteful personal characteristics, but he's the first politician to fight the uniparty, and that's why he's so popular with his base. You see where it has gotten him.  Democrats are the most taken for granted group ever. I was against Obama, but when he got elected, but I briefly thought that the one silver lining was that he wouldn't get in bed with Wall Street.  Boy, was that a fantasy. He immediately helped bail them out, and Goldman Sachs didn't lose a penny on all their bad bets. That whole fiasco still sticks in my craw.

This bailout?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:41 AM, TitanTiger said:

He's a criminal that tried to cheat his way to an election win.  He's an admitted sexual assaulter.  A serial adulterer.  He makes creepy sexualized comments about his own daughter.  Even if I stopped right there (and there's much more we could talk about), he shouldn't even be an option for any person with a functioning moral compass to cast a vote for regardless of who is running against him.

I really thought you were talking about Biden for a second there. THAT is how bad both of these nominees are...think on that.

The Audacity of Grope, from the Daily Show...

https://www.thewrap.com/jon-stewarts-daily-show-called-out-joe-biden-for-groping-back-in-2015-video/

7 hours ago, Didba said:

Monroe doctrine? Might need to do some light reading.

What does the Monroe Doctrine have to do with the claim that Hitler's rise to power is America's fault?

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Got a link the “apology tour”?

If you are so out of touch or, more likely in denial, that you don't recall Obama's wimpy apology tour no amount of links will inform you.

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What does the Monroe Doctrine have to do with the claim that Hitler's rise to power is America's fault?

If you are so out of touch or, more likely in denial, that you don't recall Obama's wimpy apology tour no amount of links will inform you.

I remember you psychos whining about it. Just never saw it myself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I remember you psychos whining about it. Just never saw it myself.

Never saw it? You must keep your eyes closed a lot.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Link to it if it’s real.

I've learned that this is one of your favorite tricks. When you are hemmed up, you ask for a link to something that is established common knowledge. Assuming you aren't truly that poorly informed, this gambit of yours has worn itself out.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I've learned that this is one of your favorite tricks. When you are hemmed up, you ask for a link to something that is established common knowledge. Assuming you aren't truly that poorly informed, this gambit of yours has worn itself out.

Mikey, you’re an inveterate liar and the fact that you’ve allowed yourself to be thoroughly brainwashed is no excuse. Obama never apologized to any country for anything.

https://www.factcheck.org/2012/08/romneys-sorry-apology-tour-dig/

But keep lying. It fits you like a custom suit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep, don't worry, I blame Bush for that one. I had some brief hope that Obama would put an end to such nonsense, but he just got in bed with Wall Street and doubled down:

https://money.cnn.com/2009/08/04/news/economy/banks_programs/index.htm

Then he passed Dodd-Frank, which was pretty much written by Wall Street.  Just to make sure we knew Wall Street was in charge, they named it for the two guys most responsible for the 2008 crisis to begin with.

Edited by Cardin Drake

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Mikey, you’re an inveterate liar and the fact that you’ve allowed yourself to be thoroughly brainwashed is no excuse. Obama never apologized to any country for anything.

https://www.factcheck.org/2012/08/romneys-sorry-apology-tour-dig/

But keep lying. It fits you like a custom suit.

Now that I've unloaded the dishwasher and the grass is still too wet to mow, I decided to take you up on your childish game. Here's your link, one of many available: "The President's Apology Tour".

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB124044156269345357

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yep, don't worry, I blame Bush for that one. I had some brief hope that Obama would put an end to such nonsense, but he just got in bed with Wall Street and doubled down:

https://money.cnn.com/2009/08/04/news/economy/banks_programs/index.htm

Then he passed Dodd-Frank, which was pretty much written by Wall Street.  Just to make sure we knew Wall Street was in charge, they named it for the two guys most responsible for the 2008 crisis to begin with.

What do you think would have happened without it?

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Now that I've unloaded the dishwasher and the grass is still too wet to mow, I decided to take you up on your childish game. Here's your link, one of many available: "The President's Apology Tour".

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB124044156269345357

And they can’t point to a single apology. You were tailor made for a guy like Trump. All someone has to do is slap a dishonest label on something and you repeat it till the cows come home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What do you think would have happened without it?

I think some banker's wouldn't have gotten bonuses that year.  It didn't need to be structured so Goldman-Sachs didn't lose a dime on their $15 billion dollar bad bet.

Just now, TexasTiger said:
2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And they can’t point to a single apology. You were tailor made for a guy like Trump. All someone has to do is slap a dishonest label on something and you repeat it till the cows come home.

You asked for a link, you got it. Just like Toyota. Except now, you want to argue with the once-revered link. That's weird.

What's Trump got to do with Obama bowing down and apologizing to various dictators and Sheiks for "American Exceptionalism"? Can't deny Obama kow-towing to second rate  leaders so you try to bring Trump in?

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You asked for a link, you got it. Just like Toyota. Except now, you want to argue with the once-revered link. That's weird.

What's Trump got to do with Obama bowing down and apologizing to various dictators and Sheiks for "American Exceptionalism"? Can't deny Obama kow-towing to second rate  leaders so you try to bring Trump in?

A link that proved it, not just lied about something it can’t back up.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AUDub said:

Hell some folks in this country embraced fascism, at least initially. 

Like I posted in a different thread: History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes. MAGA!

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

At that time, we were still dealing with the fact that we knowingly lied to our closest allies and got their assistance in our war and occupation in Iraq.

On 8/18/2023 at 12:10 PM, AU9377 said:

People forget that until the post war boom, we weren't exactly a shining example of how to do things in the world.  But for scientists that immigrated from Europe, we would have never developed the bomb before Hitler or Japan.  Allowing Hitler to rise to power was just as much on us as on the rest of Europe.  We all wanted to ignore the problem until it could no  longer be ignored.

And it's not like the U.S. wasn't next after Hitler consolidated Europe. :-\

They were thinking about transcontinental bombers as early as 1938 - the "Amerikabomber".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerikabomber

And then there was the V2 development.  Undoubtedly Werner would have achieved an ICBM considering he created the Saturn 5.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1