Georgia Grand Jury Returns 10 out of 10 Charges

Didba

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Obama is a moderate…. That’s quite an interesting horse shoe you have.  

Policy wise Obama wasn't that much different than W, in spite of all the "hope and change" rhetoric. 

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree. Which is why there’s anti trust. There are “bugs” in capitalism . The challenge is if you…  “fetter” too much - you start breaking way  way way more than you fix.  Conservatives are ultimately survival of the fittest oriented and  liberals are about “fair” and subtle redistribution of wealth.  Which is why I’m a moderate and believe both sides have a point but run too far in either direction. Ps The paradox of liberals is that they  love watching documentaries about the Serengeti and nature until they see the first gazelle being eaten. 😇

Well I agree with everything except the last sentence where you show us you aren’t actually a moderate lmao. 

what a weird thing to say after having a rational coherent response. You know I don’t care when you say silly stuff like that. I’m not like the others who get all worked up by that stuff. Next time just save yourself the ps to me and send it to someone else lol. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Policy wise Obama wasn't that much different than W, in spite of all the "hope and change" rhetoric. 

I’m going to guess you’re going to use their common approach to bailing about the fin institutions - which was much more driven by the Feds insistence. Maybe the second thing was they both had the same favorite color?

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Well I agree with everything except the last sentence where you show us you aren’t actually a moderate lmao. 

what a weird thing to say after having a rational coherent response. You know I don’t care when you say silly stuff like that. I’m not like the others who get all worked up by that stuff. Next time just save yourself the ps to me and send it to someone else lol. 

Dear lord I was playing. All is well. 

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Obama is a moderate…. That’s quite an interesting horse shoe you have.  

Okay so I see all the progress we made in actual constructive discourse yesterday has evaporated.
Yes, Obama is a moderate centrist just slightly to the left of center on the political scale. 

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord I was playing. All is well. 

Hard to tell when it wasn’t even a joke. It just an insult, that you said “hah just playing” after. 

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Okay so I see all the progress we made in actual constructive discourse yesterday has evaporated.
Yes, Obama is a moderate centrist just slightly to the left of center on the political scale. 

Emoji’s often mean don’t take literal.

Progress doesn’t mean agreeing. We don’t. Which is fine. This isn’t a contact sport and you have a well thought out pov. If you didn’t I wouldn’t bother.

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m going to guess you’re going to use their common approach to bailing about the fin institutions - which was much more driven by the Feds insistence. Maybe the second thing was they both had the same favorite color?

Obama and Bush were both big on free trade and both pretty hawkish foreign policy wise. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Obama and Bush were both big on free trade and both pretty hawkish foreign policy wise. 

I think they had different motives but I see your point. What wildly separates  them to me is the role of the fed gov.  Whats ironic today is that dems are.more hawkish than most gop’ers - hurts my head.  Further ironic It’s one thing the extreme left and right share -  isolationism.

Edited by auburnatl1

On 8/16/2023 at 11:09 AM, TitanTiger said:

I know it's completely superficial, but most of what has kept Christie from advancing nationally in the GOP is being obese.  If he were even somewhat trimmed down, it would be a totally different story.

Correct. The GOP prefers a svelte Trump. ;D

8 hours ago, Didba said:

Asking for a cite in support for a claim someone is making isn’t a trick. Standard practice in academic and legal research. For that matter, it’s standard in any writing based research course at Auburn.

If it was established common knowledge it would only take you thirty seconds to google it, find a source/cite, copy then paste it in a reply. 

When you've observed a certain individuals' behavior patterns long enough, it's easy to recognize his trick. The guy thinks if he can't win he can at least get pleasure from running you around for a few minutes. That's his game and it's easy to see if you just look for it.

Linking the Monroe Doctrine to America being at fault for Hitler's rise is quite the leap. Sell that somewhere else, I'm not buying.

On 8/19/2023 at 10:34 PM, Mikey said:

When you've observed a certain individuals' behavior patterns long enough, it's easy to recognize his trick. The guy thinks if he can't win he can at least get pleasure from running you around for a few minutes. That's his game and it's easy to see if you just look for it.

Linking the Monroe Doctrine to America being at fault for Hitler's rise is quite the leap. Sell that somewhere else, I'm not buying.

Good thing I never linked the Monroe doctrine to America’s being at fault for hitlers rise then!

7 hours ago, Didba said:

Good thing I never linked the Monroe doctrine to America’s being at fault for hitlers rise then!

Sigh.... This thread, page 10,  Saturday, 2:08 PM. Read it and weep.

• Love 1

On 8/19/2023 at 2:08 PM, Didba said:

The Monroe doctrine started the US’s foreign policy of American non-interventionism. Part of Hitler’s rise to power in Germany was allowed by inaction by the winning countries of world war 1.

I never claimed the rise of Hitler was solely America’s fault the only thing I would claim was that our foreign policy of non-interventionism played a part in allowing a power vacuum to arise in post-war Germany. Someone else might have though. 

You can read through this summary if you’d like to brush up on the topic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_non-interventionism

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sigh.... This thread, page 10,  Saturday, 2:08 PM. Read it and weep.

Sigh.... see bolded text. Read it and weep.

I never said America was at fault for Hitler's rise, I even said I wasn't claiming that in the message you cite on page 10, Saturday, 2:08 PM.

Keep trying, my dear boy! :poke:

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Didba said:

I never said America was at fault for Hitler's rise, I even said I wasn't claiming that in the message you cite on page 10, Saturday, 2:08 PM.

Caught in a trap of your own device. This thread, page 10 Saturday 2:08 PM. You do all the things you say you didn't do.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Caught in a trap of your own device. This thread, page 10 Saturday 2:08 PM. You do all the things you say you didn't do.

If this thread goes on another week America will be responsible for the fall of the Roman Empire. Week after that  - earth quakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

On 8/19/2023 at 2:08 PM, Didba said:

The Monroe doctrine started the US’s foreign policy of American non-interventionism. Part of Hitler’s rise to power in Germany was allowed by inaction by the winning countries of world war 1. 

I never claimed the rise of Hitler was solely America’s fault the only thing I would claim was that our foreign policy of non-interventionism played a part in allowing a power vacuum to arise in post-war Germany. Someone else might have though. 

You can read through this summary if you’d like to brush up on the topic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_non-interventionism

Mikey I love your Tony Soprano energy, man, you just straight Tony Soprano every interaction I have ever seen you have on the entire forums. frankly kudos, your persistence and stubbornness even outlasts my flagellant self. Like I am not even taking the piss, to have that kind of response to a reply that quotes the message you cite is just pure Tony Soprano, double down Tony. I don't like you but I respect the energy.

Damn, what a weird compliment.:poke:

Edited by Didba

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

If this thread goes on another week America will be responsible for the fall of the Roman Empire. Week after that  - earth quakes.

Hey man, I never said anything about the romans but we can go all week if you want! hell years even!:poke:

Edited by Didba

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

The salsa is spicy at this table. I think I’ll go back to the FB forums 😂

You know some weird people in East Texas but butter in the salsa in Mexican restaurants? It’s such a phenomenon that all the Mexican restaurants provide bottles with squeeze butter on the tables. 

27 minutes ago, Didba said:

You know some weird people in East Texas but butter in the salsa in Mexican restaurants? It’s such a phenomenon that all the Mexican restaurants provide bottles with squeeze butter on the tables. 

Weird. I spent time in west Texas. Totally different culture than the east side 

13 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Weird. I spent time in west Texas. Totally different culture than the east side 

You got that right.