Georgia Grand Jury Returns 10 out of 10 Charges

Didba

42 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I know it's completely superficial, but most of what has kept Christie from advancing nationally in the GOP is being obese.  If he were even somewhat trimmed down, it would be a totally different story.

He may not ultimately help himself, but he can afford to focus on NH and inflict damage on Trump. Someone else may benefit.

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think Trump believed it was some kind of IQ test or something so he constantly talked about how he aced it.

Have to admit I thought the same thing. I assumed the test was some type of requirement when a person became eligible for Medicare coverage. That is when my doctor pulled it on me. Still recall my words being chair, rainbow, and tree. Also had to draw a watch with hands indicating a given time.

Hilarious when Trump started yapping about it.

• Like 2

All of the focus on parties and personalities.  Almost nothing about polices.

The electorate is as much a problem as the candidates.

Consequently, those who own the media, those who provide the vast majority of money for campaign finance, those whose lobbyists will be there to guide the "elected",,, they will decide which candidate is the most easily manipulated, the most compliant.

Real power will remain firmly in the grasp of the capital class.  Freedumb.

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

All of the focus on parties and personalities.  Almost nothing about polices.

The electorate is as much a problem as the candidates.

Consequently, those who own the media, those who provide the vast majority of money for campaign finance, those whose lobbyists will be there to guide the "elected",,, they will decide which candidate is the most easily manipulated, the most compliant.

Real power will remain firmly in the grasp of the capital class.  Freedumb.

The thread is about a candidate and charges. Whose policies and which policies will alleviate the capital class power?

24 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

The thread is about a candidate and charges. Whose policies and which policies will alleviate the capital class power?

Great question.  Wall St. money controls us, the parties, the government, our institutions.

WE have to make it a part of the political discussion.  WE have to understand what real politics is and, put the trifle, petty partisan politics behind us.

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

TT, we all understand the serious flaws that are Trump and you feel everyone that voted for him are suckers.   Other than "he is better than Trump" tell us please -- why Biden?  Give us a list of qualities and accomplishments that entitle him to 4 more years.   He just said he was in Pittsburg and personally watched the bridge collapse.   He has either lied once more, or worse, he actually believes he was there and witnessed it.  

You guys could just vote for third party and/or not vote then send letters/call your congressmen at the state and federal level to tell them that you didn’t vote at all/voted independent in protest of the terrible candidates the GOP keeps putting forth. If enough republicans did that y’all might actually get some change. @Mikey

21 hours ago, Didba said:

you’d be surprised but plaintiff’s lawyers in the south will drive diesel and vote blue every time, funny little juxtaposition. 

All of the good ones have a big diesel pickup capable of towing the big tractor that pulls the big bush hog and cuts all the big fields behind the big tall fence on their big farm. 

• Like 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

All of the good ones have a big diesel pickup capable of towing the big tractor that pulls the big bush hog and cuts all the big fields behind the big tall fence on their big farm. 

Stop describing my boss/supervising partner so accurately please. 😅

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Imo trump is unfit in every way. If forced to pick between a traitor and dementia, I’ll pick dementia and vote Republican for the Congressional candidates - hoping for 4 years of gridlock. Hopefully the parties will present superior options. Which is basically anyone else with a pulse.

I can respect this approach. 

Just now, Didba said:

Stop describing my boss/supervising partner so accurately please. 😅

I probably know him and have hunted with him before.   I always tried to keep great relationships with my adversaries, in part,  because they had bigger fish in their lakes and nicer "cabins." 

• Love 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

I probably know him and have hunted with him before.   I always tried to keep great relationships with my adversaries, in part,  because they had bigger fish in their lakes and nicer "cabins." 

Maybe, I practice in northeast Texas though, not Alabama but my Uncle practice defense work in Downtown Mobile. You can PM if you’d like, I’ve had other off the record discussions with attorneys on here. 

On 8/15/2023 at 10:18 AM, auburnatl1 said:

1) Every other Republican candidate polls better than trump against Biden

Where are you getting this?

Trump is doing better head to head against Biden than DeSantis.

Trump vs Biden = Tie

image.png.232f12a8f7e0ba3aa9099f004420be2e.png

It's worth noting that in 2020, Trump only led Biden in 2 polls during the whole year. Trump is polling much better in 2023 than he did in 2020.

Quinnipiac was Biden +11 in October 2020, it's Biden +1 in the latest poll 8/10-8/14, 2023.

DeSantis vs Biden = Biden +2

image.png.cf9eb16064c34b418d44d4a3f2ddbd71.png

On 8/15/2023 at 10:18 AM, auburnatl1 said:

2) they all have the same conservative “trumpish”policies, some even more extreme

Trump's policies are different than other conservatives. Trump's not an ideologue. There's a reason why Trump is the only Republican in the last 30 years to win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Trump supports tariffs which has a lot of support in the 'rust belt' area. That's why the typical Republicans like McCain, Romney, and now DeSantis types aren't able to compete in those states. A lot of people don't want to admit that Trump appeals to more than just hardcore conservatives that are lifelong Republicans. They'd rather pretend that all Trump voters have never voted for Democrats. Trump was able to swing Obama voters in 2016, that's why he won.

• Like 1

FOX News released a new poll showing Trump doing better vs Biden than all other Republicans

8 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

FOX News released a new poll showing Trump doing better vs Biden than all other Republicans

Polls? The other candidates are barely known yet by the general public.  Trump is…. known.  3 straight Republican losing election cycles and they’ll still try him again. Amazing. Democrat roadkill.

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Where are you getting this?

Trump is doing better head to head against Biden than DeSantis.

Trump vs Biden = Tie

image.png.232f12a8f7e0ba3aa9099f004420be2e.png

It's worth noting that in 2020, Trump only led Biden in 2 polls during the whole year. Trump is polling much better in 2023 than he did in 2020.

Quinnipiac was Biden +11 in October 2020, it's Biden +1 in the latest poll 8/10-8/14, 2023.

DeSantis vs Biden = Biden +2

image.png.cf9eb16064c34b418d44d4a3f2ddbd71.png

Trump's policies are different than other conservatives. Trump's not an ideologue. There's a reason why Trump is the only Republican in the last 30 years to win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Trump supports tariffs which has a lot of support in the 'rust belt' area. That's why the typical Republicans like McCain, Romney, and now DeSantis types aren't able to compete in those states. A lot of people don't want to admit that Trump appeals to more than just hardcore conservatives that are lifelong Republicans. They'd rather pretend that all Trump voters have never voted for Democrats. Trump was able to swing Obama voters in 2016, that's why he won.

The polls I saw were trump vs Biden vs any other  candidate vs Biden (due to early low candidate name recognition). Btw tariffs are historically a liberal  concept rarely used any more because they spike inflation/interest rates and ultimately lower real income. But they sound good

Tim Scott is a very likable person.  However, will his being single impact his campaign? Americans have a mental picture of a first family.  Is that now a thing of the past? 

22 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

As they say, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you keep saying Trump isn't your choice, is a s***ty candidate, that he shouldn't be the nominee and you want better ones, but you keep faithfully voting for him, then expecting to get candidates closer to what you'd like to see is insanity - a completely delusional pipe dream.

If you want a change in the kind of candidates you're offered, you have to change the way you vote.  It's really that simple.

Then give me someone to vote FOR. Because Trump and Biden are both horrible choices and one of them has better policies. Try looking at it this way: I wouldn't be voting for Trump, I'd be voting against Biden. Voting against his kow-towing to the Green New Deal idiots, refusal to do anything about the border, his war on energy and loss of trust from our foreign friends and lack of fear or even respect from our foreign adversaries. Do you think Putin would have invaded Ukraine if Biden hadn't wimped out in Afghanistan? I doubt it.

We went through this three years ago. It the same now. Forget Trump for just a brief time and consider the damage Biden can do with an additional four years. Contrary to the statement that "He can only do a limited amount of damage in four years", we've already seen what disasters he has accomplished in just 2&1/2 years.

15 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:There's a reason why Trump is the only Republican in the last 30 years to win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Trump supports tariffs which has a lot of support in the 'rust belt' area. That's why the typical Republicans like McCain, Romney, and now DeSantis types aren't able to compete in those states. A lot of people don't want to admit that Trump appeals to more than just hardcore conservatives that are lifelong Republicans. They'd rather pretend that all Trump voters have never voted for Democrats. Trump was able to swing Obama voters in 2016, that's why he won.

He won because his dog whistles riled up his base that normally wouldn’t be the biggest voters and the democrats were fractured behind a weak candidate that half the party despised. As soon as the Dems ran a wet paper towel that didn’t have the last name Clinton, Trump lost. 

and I mean technically Trump lost the popular vote the first go round but was saved by the archaic electoral college.

Man what I wouldn’t give for electoral reform to a different system. 

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Tim Scott is a very likable person.  However, will his being single impact his campaign? Americans have a mental picture of a first family.  Is that now a thing of the past? 

It sure should be lmao. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then give me someone to vote FOR. Because Trump and Biden are both horrible choices and one of them has better policies. Try looking at it this way: I wouldn't be voting for Trump, I'd be voting against Biden. Voting against his kow-towing to the Green New Deal idiots, refusal to do anything about the border, his war on energy and loss of trust from our foreign friends and lack of fear or even respect from our foreign adversaries. Do you think Putin would have invaded Ukraine if Biden hadn't wimped out in Afghanistan? I doubt it.

We went through this three years ago. It the same now. Forget Trump for just a brief time and consider the damage Biden can do with an additional four years. Contrary to the statement that "He can only do a limited amount of damage in four years", we've already seen what disasters he has accomplished in just 2&1/2 years.

I’ll repeat myself:

You guys could just vote for third party and/or not vote then send letters/call your congressmen at the state and federal level to tell them that you didn’t vote at all/voted independent in protest of the terrible candidates the GOP keeps putting forth. If enough republicans did that y’all might actually get some change and get better candidates like you want. 

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I’ll repeat myself:

You guys could just vote for third party and/or not vote then send letters/call your congressmen at the state and federal level to tell them that you didn’t vote at all/voted independent in protest of the terrible candidates the GOP keeps putting forth. If enough republicans did that y’all might actually get some change and get better candidates like you want. 

If that action helps hand the election to Biden, then no. I'm not willing to sacrifice the United States for four more years just to send a message. My first order of business is to get Biden out of there.

Also, by your reckoning Democrats should do the same if Biden is their nominee. He is also a terrible candidate.

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If that action helps hand the election to Biden, then no. I'm not willing to sacrifice the United States for four more years just to send a message. My first order of business is to get Biden out of there.

Also, by your reckoning Democrats should do the same if Biden is their nominee. He is also a terrible candidate.

Alright then, just keep perpetuating the cycle.  If Biden wasn’t the democrat running for president and it was Trump vs a palatable democrat (your choice) would you do what I’ve suggested above?

Many democrats tried to keep Biden out by voting in primaries for other candidates. The establishment democrats still got Biden in. The same can’t be said for Trump. The establishment republicans tried to keep Trump out and he was still primaried in  

In an ideal world neither Trump nor Biden would be running again. 

Edited by Didba

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

Alright then, just keep perpetuating the cycle.  If Biden wasn’t the democrat running for president and it was Trump vs a palatable democrat (your choice) would you do what I’ve suggested above?

Many democrats tried to keep Biden out by voting in primaries for other candidates. The establishment democrats still got Biden in. The same can’t be said for Trump. The establishment republicans tried to keep Trump out and he was still primaried in  

In an ideal world neither Trump nor Biden would be running again. 

Of course not. If the Democrats put up a palatable candidate to oppose Trump, I'll vote Democrat.

• Like 1