Biggest Load of BS EVER!

SCWarEagle

These days, it's like all the news guys that wanted to write editorials, but couldn't figure out its best to have facts or reason behind your opinions, were plopped down in the sports dept.

Just curious, but what is it that makes you say its BS? I'm guessing its the fact that AU's offense is ranked 30th, because the D is ranked 6th.

You know I understand the you have to feel that AU will turn out to be better than that but how can you really believe that other (non-AU fans) can think that. AU lost a lot last year. This is just an estimate but AU lost about 80% of your offensive production. Yes you have good WR's but your QB has not gotten any real playing time, plus inexperienced RB's. Yes i know you have Tre, but thats just one guy and he has been a third stringer that has had limited action.

Do I believe AU's offense will be better than 30th? YES...but you can't expect the offense to be ranked to high going in!!

Again, this entire post is based solely on the fact that you are calling BS on the offensive ranking......if thats not the case well :unsure: ....I'm sure someone thought it :P:D

Just curious, but what is it that makes you say its BS? I'm guessing its the fact that AU's offense is ranked 30th, because the D is ranked 6th.

You know I understand the you have to feel that AU will turn out to be better than that but how can you really believe that other (non-AU fans) can think that. AU lost a lot last year. This is just an estimate but AU lost about 80% of your offensive production. Yes you have good WR's but your QB has not gotten any real playing time, plus inexperienced RB's. Yes i know you have Tre, but thats just one guy and he has been a third stringer that has had limited action.

Do I believe AU's offense will be better than 30th? YES...but you can't expect the offense to be ranked to high going in!!

Again, this entire post is based solely on the fact that you are calling BS on the offensive ranking......if thats not the case well :unsure: ....I'm sure someone thought it  :P   :D

175778[/snapback]

I hate to say this Geaux, but you are right. I saw it wrong and flew off the handle.

Still, we will finish better than 30th on O.

My bad.

I can understand where we wouldn't be ranked that high. You can't expect sportswriters to know the team like we do, all they know is we lost 2 great backs and a QB. They don't have any way to research all the teams and see how deep the depth charts are.

That being said, I can't see how anyone could have us below Toledo? :huh:

That being said, I can't see how anyone could have us below Toledo?  :huh:

175785[/snapback]

thats because its "stats" based.....Toledo will probably have better offensive stats than both AU and LSU. Toledo has been known to put up some yards, but they still suck.

I hate to say this Geaux, but you are right. I saw it wrong and flew off the handle.

Still, we will finish better than 30th on O.

My bad.

175784[/snapback]

its cool....

I'm actually in a college fantasy league and instead of drafting players you draft units (ex. LSU RB's) and you get credit for all of the RB's stats......My RB's I drafted are LSU and AU. :D ...AU has a good O-line and I know you will just plug someone in :D:D

In terms of yards gained and allowed, we finished at #25 on offense and #5 on defense during the 2004 season.

If we finish at #30 on offense and #6 on defense in 2005, I would be very happy, considering the caliber of players we lost on offense.

I didn't call BS, but look at the conference rankings. Top ten has how many big 11 teams? How many pac 10? How many SEC?

That's enough to make anyone chuckle.

Again, this entire post is based solely on the fact that you are calling BS on the offensive ranking......if thats not the case well :unsure: ....I'm sure someone thought it  :P   :D

175778[/snapback]

I'm calling BS...because of the quaterback rankings!!!! We're ranked #76 in the nation...Who are we behind you ask? UL-Lafayette, Rutgers, MTSU, Hawaii... the list goes on...if you ask me thats just silly..

Also calling BS on OLine rankings...we're ranked 40th behind UAB, Northern Illinois... With a first round draft pick in Marcus McNeil, I think right there that should put us higher.

Everything else is understandable

I think 30th is pretty low for our offense. Maybe if we were still stuck in the Nallsminger wilderness, but Borges will do much better than that with our O-line, our outstanding receivers, and a backfield that, while young, is plenty capable.

On the other hand, we are 32 spots above the great Brodie Croyle & company--since they're headed to the Rose Bowl :rolleyes: , I guess our offensive must be awesome!

Excuse me...isn't this the same LS_WHO who scored 9 points against us last year...minus maybe their best qb last year and now a tb???!!! Mind you, I'm not saying they won't be decent...but everybody on the depth chart in the League???!!!! Puh-Leeeeeeze..... :no:

:au::homer:

175778[/snapback]

Scott, you know, you also forget we have a transfer by the name of Irons who got some PT at S. Carolina his Fresh. yr. Do you think LSU's offense will be the second best in the country?? If so, you are as mind clouded as AU fans....LSU has got to have a QB prove himself first, Russell is far from it, unless he improves greatly!!!

I find it funny in the defense rankings that they have the ACC as the best conference wise, but yet the SEC has 5 within the top 11 on that list to ACC's 3 :blink::blink: Call me crazy but that makes no sense to me!!!!!!!!

Scott, you know, you also forget we have a transfer by the name of Irons who got some PT at S. Carolina his Fresh. yr.  Do you think LSU's offense will be the second best in the country??  If so, you are as mind clouded as AU fans....LSU has got to have a QB prove himself first, Russell is far from it, unless he improves greatly!!!

No I don't forget, if you would read the entire thread you would see that I KNOW AU will have a good running game as I drafted AU's RBs in my fantasy league. I know a lot about AU.....

this thread is not about LSU being second. Do I agree with that....NO!! Its about AU being 30th.

Scott, you know, you also forget we have a transfer by the name of Irons who got some PT at S. Carolina his Fresh. yr.  Do you think LSU's offense will be the second best in the country??  If so, you are as mind clouded as AU fans....LSU has got to have a QB prove himself first, Russell is far from it, unless he improves greatly!!!

No I don't forget, if you would read the entire thread you would see that I KNOW AU will have a good running game as I drafted AU's RBs in my fantasy league. I know a lot about AU.....

this thread is not about LSU being second. Do I agree with that....NO!! Its about AU being 30th.

175871[/snapback]

I understand you selected AU as one of your fantasy RB squads, but you still said AU has an inexperienced RB squad, which I simply disagree with, withTre, Irons, and even Stewart got some valuable running time last year, yes in mop up duty, but game time none the less. I know this thread was about the bs of AU ranked 30th, but was plugging for some insight into LSU's QB situation in relation to the #2 ranking by this sportswriter, that's all!!

I understand you selected AU as one of your fantasy RB squads, but you still said AU has an inexperienced RB squad, which I simply disagree with, withTre, Irons, and even Stewart got some valuable running time last year, yes in mop up duty, but game time none the less.  I know this thread was about the bs of AU ranked 30th, but was plugging for some insight into LSU's QB situation in relation to the #2 ranking by this sportswriter,  that's all!!

175873[/snapback]

mop up duty is not valuable playing time, yes its good playing time and helps but not valuable. And when I say "inexperienced" I don't mean "no" experience, I know they have gotten on the field and I know they will be good. My whole point was how do you expect sportswriters to know that when they don't follow the teams so closely like you and I. AU's RBs are relatively unknown to people outside of the SEC now that CW ar RB have left.......they are inexperienced. Hell I think JR is inexperienced even though he got substantial and very valuable playing time last year at LSU. Doesn't mean I don't think he is capable..... same with your RB's.

10 MORE DAYS :cheer:

I'm just surprised that they have our O-line ranked that low with McNeill, Grubbs, Duckworth, Reddick, Ross, and others.

Speaking of the O-line, does anyone know if Gonzalez is looking at playing time this year or is he probably going to be red-shirted?

Archived