Jarquez Hunter

TigerfanKM

26 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Check how he did the other time they played.

2022 is most relevant to us right now.

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

2022 is most relevant to us right now.

Then checkout Tulane, Cincinnati and Louisville. Listen, I’m glad he’s here. And I trust Freeze to find the best way to use all our talented RBs to help us win. I just think some fit the every down back mold better than others. 170lbs is very light in 2023. 1972, different story— Greg Pruitt, Johnny Rodgers. Linemen were much lighter then, too. 

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Then checkout Tulane, Cincinnati and Louisville. Listen, I’m glad he’s here. And I trust Freeze to find the best way to use all our talented RBs to help us win. I just think some fit the every down back mold better than others. 170lbs is very light in 2023. 1972, different story— Greg Pruitt, Johnny Rodgers. Linemen were much lighter then, too. 

Oh I agree that he’s not an every down rb, but I am saying the kid has something to offer this team beyond special teams.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

We'll see.  He struggled vs UMAS  3.9 per carry is pretty meh.

I do not personally see an issue with 3.9 yards per carry. But that is just me. No way of knowing if it will stay like that one way or another. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

150 yds against Florida for one.

That's awful competition.  They were trash last year

4 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I do not personally see an issue with 3.9 yards per carry. But that is just me. No way of knowing if it will stay like that one way or another. 

That's pretty abysmal vs a really bad and overmatched team.  It was a full yard and a half lower than all of our other backs...including the non-scholarship backs.  He also tied for the most carries of RBs.  And it's not like he was playing with the 2nd/3rd  team.  So had opportunities with the 1s.

1 game doesn't define/predict a season.  I said we'll see, but I think he'll contribute mostly on special teams once Hunter is back and especially as Cobb ramps up

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Battie strikes me as more situational than as an every down back. I feel really good about Cobb & Alston, and frankly, Sean Jackson intrigues me. Reminds me a bit of Pettway.

Sean Jackson - had the same feeling as I was watching, like Pettway. I feel think he didn’t get too many touches last year, but had more in 2021 with decent runs. I also thought that he looked twice as big since 2021. Either way he’s likely 4th or lower on the depth chart, but go HTHS Huskies! And War Eagle.

• Like 1

Just now, hikerdns said:

Sean Jackson - had the same feeling as I was watching, like Pettway. I feel think he didn’t get too many touches last year, but had more in 2021 with decent runs. I also thought that he looked twice as big since 2021. Either way he’s likely 4th or lower on the depth chart, but go HTHS Huskies! And War Eagle.

We had no idea what Pettway could do until he was forced into action.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 10:28 AM, GreenTiger said:

To be suspended and wear a jersey on the sidelines means he is on the team and will at some point play. 

Right, it seems that CHF  is the best tutor Hunter for the obvious reason ☺️

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

Anyone have an update on if Hunter flew with the team last night? @passthebiscuits ?

Last I heard from the 3 stooges, JLee, Pink and Jhead. He was listed on the travel roster and their sources ( an unnamed RB said he would play). That was as of this morning. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I know that he made the trip. Why take him if he isn’t going to play, right?

I’ve heard contradicting things regarding this. I know that he’s ready to go. 

BOOM!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

With everything being considered with suspensions, public appearance, RB talent showed last week, etc, etc. If the game allows, I would consider letting last week's RB committee wear down the Cal defense in the first half and then release a fresh Hunter on them in the second half. Of course I am not opposed to going straight Beast Mode and releasing all the RBs on them from the start of the game. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Usually teams do not take players that can’t play on away games due to reduced roster numbers. If he traveled then he is available and cleared to play imo. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, mountaincorgi said:

Does anyone have any news pointing to him playing?

That info won’t be released. The only pregame telltale sign will be if he’s dressed and going through pregame workouts tomorrow night.

Rumors as late as yesterday pointed to him not playing. Now all rumors point to him playing.

1 hour ago, mountaincorgi said:

if he is on the plane it looks like he would not make the trip if he was not going to play. just my thoughts. Does anyone have any news pointing to him playing?  Thanks & WDE

Costs nothing to take him and keep them guessing. Just bc he travels doesn’t mean he olays but I’m hoping he does. I bet he’s wanting to get after it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Costs nothing to take him

Sure it does. Extra room, food, equipment, etc.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

keep them guessing

Again, Hunter added is not going to change Cal’s gameplan. From Cal’s vantage point, he merely is another fresh back they have to tackle. Hunter/Alston not= Bo Jackson/The Lizard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’d love to see some two back sets, especially with Robbie.

Think big!  We are wheeling out the 5 back rugby formation! They've spent no practice time on that one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Think big!  We are wheeling out the 5 back rugby formation! They've spent no practice time on that one.

23 personnel... Hunter and Alston split back with a tight bunch consisting of Fairweather, Deal, and MRD.

Lots of options 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

23 personnel... Hunter and Alston split back with a tight bunch consisting of Fairweather, Deal, and MRD.

Lots of options 

It would not hurt my feelings at all to see Robbie, Jarquez, and Damari all in the backfield at the same time.   So many options in the run game there!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

It would not hurt my feelings at all to see Robbie, Jarquez, and Damari all in the backfield at the same time.   So many options in the run game there!!!

I hope we save that formation  for when we need it all 4th quarter in a close UGA game for the upset :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2