Cal's Jacksonand Ott talk Auburn

aubiefifty

the running back says they are going to beat us.qb says Auburn is just a name. they say they got some surprises. they are not being jerks they just seem confident. and some of the fans think their rb ott could sleep walk through our D.

They’re pretty smug about things. I hope our players see this. Big opportunity for Hugh. For the past several seasons, we’ve been that feather in the cap signature win against an SEC school for schools like Cal. (UCF, Minnesota, Houston, etc…) This should be the official reversal of playing that role. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This will go over like a lead balloon

Screenshot_20230906-204121.png

He’s right tbh. I like the confidence. Defense better show up Saturday.

1) the sec didn’t exactly smoke it last weekend out of conf 2) Vegas started us as only a 5.5 pt fav 3) cal obviously thinks they can win  4) we need this game - bowl and recruiting.

It’s a huge game.

23 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This will go over like a lead balloon

Screenshot_20230906-204121.png

I believe Freeze has said much the same thing in regards to AU needing better players to get back to where we used to be in terms of talent. This is just fodder to me.

image.thumb.png.328d260c46c985577b20caf31160ada3.png

We should be hangry after this!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

My fear is the same as CHF has said, the travel, time change and waiting until 9:30CST for kickoff.  I think I would prefer the 11:00am Jefferson Pilot timeslot vs this.

On 9/6/2023 at 8:51 PM, WFE12 said:

He’s right tbh. I like the confidence. Defense better show up Saturday.

Yeah, I don't think that quote is too bad. Sounds like he's telling his team not to be intimidated. Obviously, AU has been down the last 2 years.

That said, I hope the team will use it as motivation. 

• Like 3

• WarTiger changed the title to Cal's Jacksonand Ott talk Auburn
On 9/6/2023 at 7:01 PM, aubiefifty said:

the running back says they are going to beat us.qb says Auburn is just a name. they say they got some surprises. they are not being jerks they just seem confident. and some of the fans think their rb ott could sleep walk through our D.

I understand the pre game psych shtick but "Auburn is just a name" is a Brian Bosworth jerk line. Hope they stick around for the trip to the Plains next season because I have a feeling we wont shut down their O tonight, but 2024....

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I understand the pre game psych shtick but "Auburn is just a name" is a Brian Bosworth jerk line. Hope they stick around for the trip to the Plains next season because I have a feeling we wont shut down their O tonight, but 2024....

AU has not been a good away team in a while. That has to change to compete for championships. It’s just a field. The ball is the same. Just go play and kick some ass