Interesting NFL Discussion

bigbird

So I walk in James' room and he's on his phone. I asked what he was doing and he said, "watching NFL highlights from the 90's".  He was watching the 49ers, cowboys, Steelers, Bills, Packers, Vikings and others.  He the said, "football was better then".  So we proceeded to have a debate on if/how modern teams would fare against teams of the 90's.  

We concluded that, like any other sport, it was tough to compare due to the rule changes/enforcement but we decided that players from the 90's would adjust to the modern game better than the modern players would to the older game. 

90's vs 2020's NFL...What do any of y'all think?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

So I walk in James' room and he's on his phone. I asked what he was doing and he said, "watching NFL highlights from the 90's".  He was watching the 49ers, cowboys, Steelers, Bills, Packers, Vikings and others.  He the said, "football was better then".  So we proceeded to have a debate on if/how modern teams would fare against teams of the 90's.  

We concluded that, like any other sport, it was tough to compare due to the rule changes/enforcement but we decided that players from the 90's would adjust to the modern game better than the modern players would to the older game. 

90's vs 2020's NFL...What do any of y'all think?

I think as the years go on, athletes are getting bigger, faster, stronger, and more skilled. I think the top players could play in today's game, but I feel like the average player in the 90s would probably be fighting for a spot in today's rosters.

I think the the average player in today's game would dominate the average player from the 90s. 

• Thanks 1

Thinking back on it, I think one of the things that made the 90s NFL more entertaining was that there was less player movement and much less communication between players. So you see teams build rivalries that are more hatred based vs just in our way and go work out together in the off season.