Aggie menu

bigbird

Beef ribs are delicious.  I have a love/hate relationships with making them.  Only thing I can't consistently smoke.  Either they are amazing or fat doesn't render and somehow tough.  I don't get it.  Do them exactly the same with the exact same meat grade.

I have some baby backs in the freezre I think I'm going to smoke.  Wife is out of town.  3 year old loves ribs and bbq.  So we might share a rack at kickoff

• Like 3
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Interesting a Made In knife

James got it for me for Christmas last year. It's awesome 

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I've heard they are great knifes.....I'm sure you didn't give him a hint.

Nope, that was all on him. 

• Like 2

My go to knife make is a "Daovua" and the style I use the most is a "Bunka."   Daovua's are made by a young, barefooted man in Vietnam.   He makes them from car and truck leaf springs.    The finish is very rustic, but man it holds an edge.   Tonight, my oldest is home after finishing his 5th block of study at VCOM.  We are having American Wagyu rib-eyes....  James has good taste!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

I'm thinking bigger.... A jet....

Actually, I would never admit it here at home, but my wife is a better cook on the smoker, and grill than I am. Maybe I'm just getting lazy as I get older. If I don't cook it on the Traeger I don't cook it.

• Like 1

My bride is perfect in every way and is a fantastic indoor cook.   She will also do burgers, a beer can chicken and slow smoked ribs outside.   But, a 16 pound brisket is a different deal altogether...  I grill/smoke just about every day.  It is something I really enjoy.   I will reverse sear the wagyu ribeyes tonight.  Can't wait!!!!!

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

I'll be at work at Publix cutting the meat for everyone watching football tomorrow. I'll try to watch some of the game on my phone as I go. I got to retire.

We thank you ahead of time.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@bigbird, my husband makes “white wings” with quail instead of chicken.  He also marinates them in Italian dressing before he grills them.  😊

Bigbird thinks a quail is a close cousin to the humming bird.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@bigbird, my husband makes “white wings” with quail instead of chicken.  He also marinates them in Italian dressing before he grills them.  😊

Southern Fried Quail may be the best dish the Good Lord ever gave us.   How many Northeastern industry magnates stopped their train cars in south Georgia once and then quickly bought 1,000's of acres all because of that little bird...

• Like 1

My day will start like this - wake up at 4:15am, walk the dog, then drive almost 90 minutes with one of my HS daughters to her XC meet. Watcher her run a 5K, drive the same distance back, hopefully will get home before kick off.  I’ll be lucky to grill hotdogs at halftime LOL.   Wouldn’t trade it for the world though.  Her and her twin sister (the other one plays soccer) are the youngest of my 6, and all my kids have been athletes and I’m dreading they day they graduate.   

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 1
  • Love 3