Smack talk from GT

DKW 86

i really wouldn't sweat Cox at QB. there have been plenty of SEC QB's with little experience that excel in their first year as a starter. For example, Stan White (1990), Tee Martin (98), Matt Mauck (03). those are just the first ones i can think of that were new starters and really did well. i'm sure there more, but i'm drawing a blank. IMO, we won't have to rely on him to win the game by himself. if he can hold his own and get us past Tech, he'll do a wonderful job at QB this season.

3 :cheer: for mr. cox! war damn eagle yall!

I just see this season as Cox going how the team goes, do we want to put him in the situation where he has to win the game..... no.  He has a quality line and quality recievers that are going to make his life easier, if the running game is going that takes more pressure off. We have a OC that has proven an ability to keep defenses off balance. If our defense is forcing three and outs and turnovers and playing like they did last year then he isn't playing from behind and he is facing defenses that will be getting tired and worn down.  The surrounding talent can make the transition to Cox easy and simple.

177379[/snapback]

CTT himself said a few weeks ago: "Brandon doesn't have to win games for us, he just has to not lose games for us."

I've gotten more confident about Cox with every passing day of fall camp. I think he's going to be fine. Actually better than "fine"--he's going to surprise a lot of people (in a good way!).

I love Cox......lol sorry i had to say it, but seriously, it all comes down to defense, IF Our linebackers get a chance to chase around reggie ball all day then he wil lbecome flustered and lose control. This will take their recievers out of the game. Im actually more afraid of the run then the passing game :au:

The guy on CSS Sports Nite last night, I forget his name, he's from the Washington Post, he said he looks for a low scoring game b/c of the defenses, inparticular he said the lines. He said he looked for Auburn's offense to struggle with the GT D and mentioned about Cox having arm problems. I don't see us struggling to much offensively. We have more experience top to bottom on Offense. Come one 7:45 pm Saturday!!!!!

Maybe I give Borges too much credit, but I believe he is not only good with weekly preparations, but game day play calling as well. He knows our strengths and it won't take him long to figure out their weaknesses. Even if Brandon has a shaky game, the OL and RBs will control this game. They shut down our run two years ago, it won't happen again.

I expect the D to score once and the RBs break some long runs for TDs; due to blown assignments by GT. Expect our D to have a Ball Saturday night.

AU 31

Tech 10

Expect our D to have a Ball Saturday night.

177460[/snapback]

Literally? :lol: (Reggie Ball)

177461[/snapback]

Yeah, lame, but I couldn't avoid it.

Any Tech fan that thinks that just because Reggie Ball is still around that this will be a repeat of 2003 has been sniffing too much airplane glue.

176397[/snapback]

Airplane glue......haha

Brandon Cox may not have started a college game, but he's been in a few.  It's not like he's some straight-out-of-high-school true freshman playing in front of 90,000 people for the first time in his life.  Sure, he will not look as seasoned as Jason did last year, but I don't expect him to fold under the pressure.  And I am quite confident in Borges' ability to read Brandon's frame of mind and mold an offense around his capabilities.

Plus, if he starts to get a little rattled, Big Marcus is there in the huddle to calm him down.  [And really, how rattled can anyone be if Marcus McNeil's got your back? :) ]

177329[/snapback]

Uh...yes he is playing (starting) in front of about 90,000 people for the first time in his life. He is also starting a game for the first time in about 4 years. There is plenty to worry about.

Brandon Cox may not have started a college game, but he's been in a few.  It's not like he's some straight-out-of-high-school true freshman playing in front of 90,000 people for the first time in his life.  Sure, he will not look as seasoned as Jason did last year, but I don't expect him to fold under the pressure.  And I am quite confident in Borges' ability to read Brandon's frame of mind and mold an offense around his capabilities.

Plus, if he starts to get a little rattled, Big Marcus is there in the huddle to calm him down.  [And really, how rattled can anyone be if Marcus McNeil's got your back? :) ]

177329[/snapback]

Uh...yes he is playing (starting) in front of about 90,000 people for the first time in his life. He is also starting a game for the first time in about 4 years. There is plenty to worry about.

177490[/snapback]

Well, I actually meant literally "playing", not "starting". He got into a few games last year and was on the sidelines for all of them. My point is that he's had some crowd experience--I don't think the crowd is going to rattle him the way it might a brand new freshman from a small high school walking into a full Jordan-Hare for the first time.

177329[/snapback]

177490[/snapback]

And then...after Cox is booed off the field by the Auburn faithful....God like meteorites strike Jordan-Hare....chaos erupts the people into a panic frenzy...Then the battle between Heaven & Hell takes place...very very sad.

<--Finishes Aubie7's medication

vatz--

i love your enthusiasm and hope-

I will be the first one to admit I was wrong after our victory.

War Eagle!

177581[/snapback]

Well dont get me wrong, your a great person with a realistic view on things. Im sure we both hope auburn comes out on top! :au::)

Archived