2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Cam Ward made a comment that he was offered $3 Million. It was also mentioned that Auburn tried to get in late like others have said here. I was wondering if it was Auburn that offered the $3 million. 

That seems high but I can imagine a conversation happening where Freeze was “encouraged” to produce some on the field progress. 

I think that bowl game was not good at getting everyone on board with a “lets take our time and build it” approach. 

31 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Cam Ward made a comment that he was offered $3 Million. It was also mentioned that Auburn tried to get in late like others have said here. I was wondering if it was Auburn that offered the $3 million. 

3 mil seems to be exaggerated but I am betting we called and made an offer. Clearly not to his liking .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DAG said:

Apparently other auburn sites stating we attempted to reach out to Ward, but it looks like his price is just too high for everyone.

• Like 1

Save the money. Roll with the youth movement next year in offense and for gods sake use your money to get some defensive lineman.

Hank, JH/Alston or Cobb, Cam Coleman, Perry, Burton, Fairweather.

Throw those kids in the deep end early and let’s see if they can learn to swim by week 5. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Save the money. Roll with the youth movement next year in offense and for gods sake use your money to get some defensive lineman.

Hank, JH/Alston or Cobb, Cam Coleman, Perry, Burton, Fairweather.

Throw those kids in the deep end early and let’s see if they can learn to swim by week 5. 

I wouldn’t be mad at that but whoever the QB  ends up being he better show something because recruits won’t stay for long anymore. If Coleman and Perry don’t like what they see at QB then we won’t have them for long. Hopefully the QB battle is an actual battle and Freeze gives everybody a legitimate shot with no biases

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Go get this guy now! It doesn’t matter how many 5* WR’s we have if we can’t protect the QB. OT’s & DT’s need to be our top priority right now. We need to focus on the trenches before anything else. Pay the man what he wants! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Go get this guy now! It doesn’t matter how many 5* WR’s we have if we can’t protect the QB. OT’s & DT’s need to be our top priority right now. We need to focus on the trenches before anything else. Pay the man what he wants! 

Yep. If last night’s Mich/bama game doesn’t show us that games are won and lost in the trenches then nothing will.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I think that was KJ Bolden?

2021 4* LB Scooby Williams from Ramsay just hit the portal. Birmingham kid that chose Florida over us. Had 50+ tackles this past season. Time to bring him home! 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

2021 4* LB Scooby Williams from Ramsay just hit the portal. Birmingham kid that chose Florida over us. Had 50+ tackles this past season. Time to bring him home! 

AU recruited him out of high school, but I doubt his price is in Auburn’s range, especially considering the LB class coming in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CR said:

AU recruited him out of high school, but I doubt his price is in Auburn’s range, especially considering the LB class coming in.

We need a true MLB. I don’t think Barber is the answer this year. That’s why I was upset that we didn’t get JDJ or Xavian Sorey from UGA. Scooby was MLB at Florida, so I think he can fill that role here and improve our talent. 

Freeze recruited Salter to Liberty, not sure if Freeze would reach out to him or would wait for a bigger name.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Freeze recruited Salter to Liberty, not sure if Freeze would reach out to him or would wait for a bigger name.

Comments on Twitter seem to like him. Here are his stats from 2023.... image.png

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I wouldn’t be mad at that but whoever the QB  ends up being he better show something because recruits won’t stay for long anymore. If Coleman and Perry don’t like what they see at QB then we won’t have them for long. Hopefully the QB battle is an actual battle and Freeze gives everybody a legitimate shot with no biases

He absolutely has to do that without any doubt. Put the best and most promising players out on the field.

Also needs to coach and organize staff and players to achieve and not just show up for payday and NIL.

27 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

uGVdPa2KJdPb7ES5x6.webp

• Like 2

Just now, au701948 said:

How many days is the portal still open for participants in this past weekends games?

I believe today is the last day to enter. Once in they can commit any time before the school’s enrollment deadline…. I think. 😄

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

uGVdPa2KJdPb7ES5x6.webp

I'd like to think so, but (as per usual, admittedly) I'm a little nervous about if we can close this one. tOSU, Miami and USCw are also looking (though they'll likely take Will Howard, Malachi Nelson and Jordan McCloud).

Edited by AUwent

19 minutes ago, au701948 said:

How many days is the portal still open for participants in this past weekends games?

I think it closes today.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, au701948 said:

For teams that played in games the 29th or later, they get 5 days from the date of the game.  

For example Auburn players have until 1/4.  

Edited by AEAugirl

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

For teams that played in games the 29th or later, they get 5 extra days.  

For example Auburn players have until 1/4.  

Thx, I wasn’t aware of that.