Hugh Freeze calls the parents of every single player

W.E.D

13 hours ago, DAG said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

One of my Dads favorite sayings. 

• Like 1

Just now, WVR said:

One of my Dads favorite sayings. 

The best way to frame it is to just tell someone “thanks for letting us know.”

at least how I like to do it. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Didba said:

Just a little weird to seemingly call out people for something they said over a year and a half ago. This must be what Cole feels like… /s

but I like that you quoted my coldfree beer joke so I’ll give you a pass this time :poke:

I'm sorry you feel this way and it hurt you, but it was a relatively big topic at the time and Hugh clearly has good relationship building. 

I didn't know who I was gonna quote went I went back to find the topic 

36 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The phone calls notwithstanding, I’m just proud to have a life where I don’t have receipts of fellow posters I’m trying to upstage…🤣

There is a search function built into this site. These came from the first page or two of a topic regarding Smokes comments 

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm sorry you feel this way and it hurt you, but it was a relatively big topic at the time and Hugh clearly has good relationship building. 

I didn't know who I was gonna quote went I went back to find the topic 

Huh? I was joking…

On 10/9/2023 at 5:08 PM, AUght2win said:

Every day that passes, Harsin’s legend of ineptitude grows.

No, just revelation of who he is and stuff he pulled.  There's still a ton not being talked about. Harsin = POS

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Now, just revelation of who he is and stuff he pulled.  There's still a ton not being talked about. Harsin = POS

Unbelievable POS

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

He was too 

Dang, I hate getting wooshed.  

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

There is a search function built into this site. These came from the first page or two of a topic regarding Smokes comments 

I was just :poke:...

45 minutes ago, Didba said:

Dang, I hate getting wooshed.  

Idk what's happening right now but I'm here for it

• Haha 1

I saw this on Twitter and I thought to bring it up here but i didn't feel like arguing with people. 

BBut this was one of my main points as far as me personally to my experience on here. You say something that you see and the majority don't you spend a bunch of time arguing and people saying you think you know everything and at times it can get pretty toxic and people call you stupid and all of that. 

Then when time proves you right and you bring it up people get mad at you for doing that and tell you you think you know everything and depending on the person it can get toxic and they call you names 😂

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I guess you just have to wait for people to notice you may know what you are talking about. 

And I wasn't just saying broad and general thoughts with regard to Harsin I was being very specific even to the point of telling people what was being said about Auburn amongst the recruiting circuit and it would just piss people off. Harsin did a bunch of damage to Auburn's reputation I'm hoping that freeze is doing a great job of fixing things.

I think it will take at least 3 recruiting cycles to fix though. 2 if we have major success and can get some national exposure. This is also why I wanted Sanders but I don't feel like arguing that either. We just have to be patient and hope the ball bounce our way more times than not.

• Like 6

On 10/10/2023 at 7:11 AM, GreenTiger said:

The celebration of Freeze having his assistant coaches calling parents is nice and his PR assistant should receive a Starbucks gift card. 
But let’s take off the orange and blue glasses for a minute and identify that nothing has been proven on the field. The guy is coming out of coaching detention center and so far his quarterback whispers aren’t working with his handpicked transfer.

If you equate player effort as some  significant indicator that Freeze is doing a great job then I don’t know what to tell you other than that is why Gus is gone and we are where we are now. 

100% agreed with everything you said, but Freeze is who the $$$ men wanted. Gotta give it (recruiting) time to cultivate…errrr…pay off and have a little…

E35-DF052-FAFE-44-FA-BA4-D-501-C151507-B

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I think it will take at least 3 recruiting cycles to fix though. 2 if we have major success and can get some national exposure. This is also why I wanted Sanders but I don't feel like arguing that either.

I was high on Deion due to his recruiting, but so far I feel Hugh has been as good as promised recruiting wise.  15 days or so and flipped plenty of top kids/legacy kids after he was hired.  We've flipped or beat Bama/UGA for at least 4 kids (4 more than the last 5 years combined) and should have more coming.  I know it's hard to compare Auburn to Colorado, but their '24 class is pretty meh right now.

Shedeur + Hunter would be the two clear differentiators between the coaches.  At the same time, Wade/Britton are two additions solely from Hugh that were dire needs. 

I'll add I think we'd be undefeated right now if we had Shedeur and Hunter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I was high on Deion due to his recruiting, but so far I feel Hugh has been as good as promised recruiting wise.  15 days or so and flipped plenty of top kids/legacy kids after he was hired.  We've flipped or beat Bama/UGA for at least 4 kids (4 more than the last 5 years combined) and should have more coming.  I know it's hard to compare Auburn to Colorado, but their '24 class is pretty meh right now.

Shedeur + Hunter would be the two clear differentiators between the coaches.  At the same time, Wade/Britton are two additions solely from Hugh that were dire needs. 

I'll add I think we'd be undefeated right now if we had Shedeur and Hunter

A supreme QB is always a must get. Red flag when we were missing out on our first and second choices. This time around we need to do whatever it takes to have that. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

A supreme QB is always a must get. Red flag when we were missing out on our first and second choices. This time around we need to do whatever it takes to have that. 

Yeah QB was an interesting case.

Hartman (lost out) had no chance.  He's elite
Leary (lost out) hasn't looked great, but better than what we got
Brennan Armstrong (Passed) sucks
Tanner Mordecai (Lost out) no chance to do relationships, but has been meh
DJ Uiagalelei - Didn't recruit?
Grayson McCall - Writes in Crayon

I'll be interested to see if we can successfully go back to the Portal in 24.  If Thorne continues to throw for 65 ypg he can't be promised anything.  Also how can we promise a player a successful offense after taking a guy who normally thorws for 3k yards and drops 900 over 12 games?

Would be interesting to see if McCall is a grad transfer after a down year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

100% agreed with everything you said, but Freeze is who the $$$ men wanted. Gotta give it (recruiting) time to cultivate…errrr…pay off and have a little…

E35-DF052-FAFE-44-FA-BA4-D-501-C151507-B

I think one can hold patience, criticism and reality in the same space. But it’s tough for others and I get that