Freeze obv deserves a mulligan on this season regardless, but

Dual-Threat Rigby

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not implying anything. I'm directly stating that our WR, TE, and OL are equivalent to 4* HS players for the most part.  They arrived under the previous regime and never progressed.  Why would they have? We never once tried to develop a competent passing game.  For a decade we played receivers based on blocking, TE based on blocking, OL that were road graders.  We failed to develop players. 

Got ya, I thought you were implying the staff that didn't have two full years with a roster entirely and not the previous regime as well.  Which seemed really odd to me!!

• Like 1

Recruiting is the life blood of a program and stocking an empty pantry takes a few cycles. The defense was the biggest disappointment last night. When we had an all out blitz their QB had all night to throw it. The zone blitzes had some effect (right side) but not consistent. The fire that kept georgia at bay was not there. I just can't figure why a premier night game could not get these guys fired up. It's as though we believed our own hype in keeping us in the game against Georgia and forgot that we have some key injuries that we had to compensate for. Our guys were afraid to lose. The O.....no words can truly describe the disappointment in all aspects of the game. The offensive play calling seems to be for a different team than the one we have. Not accepting that we do not have elite WRs is completely on the staff. Right now we should be running like Georgia Tech did with the triple option and having 300 yards+ running per game. Being deceptive at this point is useless and we need to accept that. Run the dang ball and find any way to do it. Everyone knows we don't have a passing game that can win a ballgame. PT should be running on every third play or screen passes to Cobb. RA is not a great option because he can't throw consistently but without receivers who can separate what does it matter. If I was putting in a game plan I would go back to the drawing board, figure out how to focus on 3-4 yards a play (running), and win the time of possession. We are not a score quick type of team and with a thin defense we need to keep them off of the field. Montgomery is going to be here for the rest of the year because we are not going to cause any ripples to this recruiting class (might be one of the best we have had) so HF needs to have a true realization about the team and the strengths we have. He will get Auburn back to Auburn standards and 2 years from now it will be on the elite level. 

Edited by einatlanta

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUPhan It's not that simple though. Quality coaching is a huge factor in player development. I believe that is what Bird was referring to when he said before CHF arrived. Especially when you factor him using ignorant in that sentence. Ignorance ties directly with the coaching they were getting meaning they weren't being taught well.

thanks for explaining to me that coaching matters, that never once crossed my mind as. a football fan or a coach.

45 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

He doesn’t deserve a mulligan. Remember (according to Hugh) he has a track record of quickly turning around programs and developing QBs. He has since backed off that narrative and gravitated to roster deficiencies.

Broken record time - good coaches compete/win with less talent, know when to pivot when things are off the rails, and know how to read a locker room. Halfway through the season, we seem to have another stubborn visor leading the program. 

I think most thought we would be around 6-6 this year. We might still get there, but it don’t look like we are taking steps forward. I would not be surprised by a coordinator change at the end of season. 

He needs to let Montgomery go now and take over the play calling.

40 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Just two weeks ago we saw a well coached, fundamentally sound team that played the #1 team in the country to the wire. The game plan was schemed to align with our talent deficits. Step forward. 

Last night, after a week of rest and with an extra week of prep, we played like crap. Looked lost, unprepared, and scared. Long gone is the sideline passion and energy we saw from Cadillac last November. Players on the sideline were seen dancing and laughing  immediately after an LSU score and the coaches are not demonstrating any fire. Big step backward. 

I just hope our future looks more like the UGA game and less like last night. 

This is actually a good point. We aren't as talented as them but we are better than what we showed. Freeze shouldn't get a COMPLETE pass but he shouldn't be crucified either

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The game on Saturday will be the biggest game AU has played in the last several years. It will determine how long this rebuild will take. IMO..

Imo this past was the biggest

28 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What do u want the man to do

Do better and show progress!!! Do better coming off a biweek against the worst D in the SEC. ( Grambling State put up better offense than Auburn did against LSU) Do better instead of making excuses for a lack of talent at the presser. Do better by playing Battie who has out performed Hunter all season. Do better with QBs substitutions. Do better and leave Cam in after making two great slant catches. Do better against a horrible Cal team.

If you think having those expectations are unrealistic then I’m sorry. I guess I will be that guy 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbo said:

Reminder that we have the 18th most talented team in the country, according to 247 rankings. And 7th in the SEC. 

Does it look like that to anyone?

Reminder that we have the worst qb situation in the SEC and receivers tgat cant catch a ball 

I do disafree with the OP about the offensive line. The pass protection was pretty good last night

6 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Do better and show progress!!! Do better coming off a biweek against the worst D in the SEC. ( Grambling State put up better offense than Auburn did against LSU) Do better instead of making excuses for a lack of talent at the presser. Do better by playing Battie who has out performed Hunter all season. Do better with QBs substitutions. Do better and leave Cam in after making two great slant catches. Do better against a horrible Cal team.

If you think having those expectations are unrealistic then I’m sorry. I guess I will be that guy 

At the end of the day. It's 1 loss. Did u actually think we would be better than 3-3 at this point?

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

At the end of the day. It's 1 loss. Did u actually think we would be better than 3-3 at this point?

It's not the loss. It's the way Auburn lost. They looked bad, disorganized after a week off. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Imo this past was the biggest

Not to me. I posted numerous times we don't match up with LSU and that the game could go south quickly.  There was hardly no chance we beat LSU at LSU. Our season , to me will be defined by the next 6 games. I will be happy to go 4-2 . 

2 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

It's not the loss. It's the way Auburn lost. They looked bad, disorganized after a week off. 

And as I posted earlier in the week. LSU could make us look that way.  That was the most talented explosive offense we will play this year by far

Edited by NWALA Tiger

6 hours ago, cbo said:

Reminder that we have the 18th most talented team in the country, according to 247 rankings. And 7th in the SEC. 

Does it look like that to anyone?

Even if the 18th rank is true, who we are losing to are in the top 5 talent wise and the gap between us and them is pretty stark.  They all have 8+ five stars, and the only one we have currently is Justin Rogers, who transferred to Auburn from Kentucky after not being able to start there and arrived vastly out of shape. 

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The devil is in the details and this offense looks demonic 😂

• Haha 1

Bottom line..
Big picture 

Every person associated with the football program has to improve to get ourselves out of the hole that we’re in

Freeze and his staff included.

It won’t be a quick fix.. it will take at least three recruiting cycles of top 12 talent to get there. Freeze is working hard on the trail, extremely hard. Can he keep up this crazy pace for three more years? Time will tell.

For this season 

Last night was a step back in the process. Let’s see how we respond..How we respond could help tremendously with the rebuilding process.

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not to me. I posted numerous times we don't match up with LSU and that the game could go south quickly.  There was hardly no chance we beat LSU at LSU. Our season , to me will be defined by the next 6 games. I will be happy to go 4-2 . 

Didn't have to win it but we needed to play well. If we play hard and scrappy consistently we are showingall we need is the guys to come in and it's all system go. That would have been huge

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Bottom line..
Big picture 

Every person associated with the football program has to improve to get ourselves out of the hole that we’re in

Freeze and his staff included.

It won’t be a quick fix.. it will take at least three recruiting cycles of top 12 talent to get there. Freeze is working hard on the trail, extremely hard. Can he keep up this crazy pace for three more years? Time will tell.

For this season 

Last night was a step back in the process. Let’s see how we respond..How we respond could help tremendously with the rebuilding process.

Great post

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

And as I posted earlier in the week. LSU could make us look that way.  That was the most talented explosive offense we will play this year by far

Ok. Given your matchup prediction success. How are we going to fair against Ole Miss? 

Mulligans for a coach that makes millions? Hugh and Gus are damn near interchangeable. 

Mulligans for players that are getting paid as well? Bull s***

Last night was garbage and one of the worst prepared teams I’ve ever seen on any level of any sport.

well it wasn’t a home game - bull s*** get over it. grass is grass. Make bull s*** away game excuses.

well LSU has a good O- bull s*** play physical and get some hate in your heart. LSU has zero defense. None

AU has been rebuilding since the days of the pyramids. 

Guys I am over wasting my Saturdays on AU football. They don’t care and it was shown last night. They have had 6 games and numerous practices to mesh.  I am not saying win them all, just act like you want to be here. 

17 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Ok. Given your matchup prediction success. How are we going to fair against Ole Miss? 

Ole Miss is a winnable game. At Home. AU needs to play well to win. If we get our doors blown off by Ole Miss , it will be cause for concern.  That's why I say this is the most important game for the last several years for us. If we win, sets the stage to a strong finish. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1