How about you?

LPTiger

So I graduated in 88.  My jealous mistress is Auburn football.  Here is how my life looks.   Heading into UGA, "if we keep this to 14 points I will be very, very happy."  After UGA, "damn we were 1 stop away from beating the number 1 team in the country and stopping their 23 game win streak.  We may win 10 games."   Heading into LSU, "an off week, we gonna show some crazy stuff, stuff that has never been seen.  We may beat them by 28 points."   Heading out of LSU, "that sucked but man we were really banged up.   Our kids have not had a prior "road game."   Heading into Ole Miss, "we are going to beat them by at least 10 points, maybe by 21."  How about you?  Seriously, if I was a gambler, I would be dead broke.  I can convince myself we can beat anyone!!!   

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

graduated long long time ago played golf at Auburn. I have no frickin idea how many games we will end up winning. Didn't think we would beat lsu and the same for ole piss maybe not even close but not as bad as lsu. Going to be a rough rest of the year I'm afraid......

God I pray I'm totally wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

There are some folks who watch and think on fantasy football terms, and there are others who watch where the real game is played. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

Start of the season- excited for new era, thinking we would probably win 6-7 games with potential for 8-9 based on Freeze’s offensive prowess. 

After Cal game- this could get ugly but I still had hopes that the offense might get on track if PT gets more comfortable and confident. Then I immediately thought why does a former B1G QB need warmup games??? I know he didn’t go through Spring practice but a throw is a throw regardless of geography. 

After UGA- very high on defense thinking they were going to win us some big games this season and the offense would just be going along for the ride in any win scenario.

After LSU- ride over, The defense can’t bear up under the weight of having to play against two offenses, the opponent and ours. 

Hugh looks tired and while I appreciate his candor it’s time to stop selling the fact that our players aren’t as good and deep as our opponents. Unfortunately the players bought it while I believe his intended target was the fans and media expectations. I do like Hugh and believe he’ll get us where we want to be. 

Edited by gr82be

I have a slightly different take on CHF’s comments about needing more and better athletes. I think it’s absolutely necessary, ESPECIALLY because of we message board fans. The great wailing and gnashing of teeth when the team gets beaten by a team that should beat them is already unbearable, in his first year. The fact that we need to be reminded is dumb, but it’s there. 

As for our current players, hey. That’s tough to hear but they already know it. And they know by this point in the season what it takes to win. And rah rah speeches and telling them how handsome they are ain’t enough to put them over the top anyway. 

everyone remembers how disgusting it was to hear “great week of practice, we’re gonna get better” every week while getting our teeth kicked in. Saying “hey we’re gonna go out and get more athletes and compete for championships” sounds a lot better to me. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UncommonGrackle said:

As for our current players, hey. That’s tough to hear but they already know it. And they know by this point in the season what it takes to win. And rah rah speeches and telling them how handsome they are ain’t enough to put them over the top anyway. 

I wasn’t meaning to say the players don’t know it but I was around for 1972 when those players didn’t listen to what public opinion was and proved it on the field. Shug figured out what the strengths were and used them. It’s one thing to know it’s an uphill battle and a totally different thing to hear your coach tell everyone else you can’t climb. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LPTiger said:

So I graduated in 88.  My jealous mistress is Auburn football.  Here is how my life looks.   Heading into UGA, "if we keep this to 14 points I will be very, very happy."  After UGA, "damn we were 1 stop away from beating the number 1 team in the country and stopping their 23 game win streak.  We may win 10 games."   Heading into LSU, "an off week, we gonna show some crazy stuff, stuff that has never been seen.  We may beat them by 28 points."   Heading out of LSU, "that sucked but man we were really banged up.   Our kids have not had a prior "road game."   Heading into Ole Miss, "we are going to beat them by at least 10 points, maybe by 21."  How about you?  Seriously, if I was a gambler, I would be dead broke.  I can convince myself we can beat anyone!!!   

i like how you roll LP. um, i would probably not loan you any money but i would buy you a meal if you lost all your money.........lol

• Like 1

After watching Samford drive down the field with ease on their first drive, I thought Auburn would be lucky to win 5 games. After watching us take UGA to task, I thought maybe 7 was reachable. Now, I'm back to maybe 5 games at most. Worst offense I've seen at Auburn since 2012, or late 90's.