*Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread*

abw0004

The offense was never given a chance tonight. Play calling is so embarressing bad it doesbt matter how much talent yiu have on a roster. 

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Well according to a report Freeze doesn't even care about the game until 30 mins before because he is recruiting. 

It’s sad these kid don’t deserve this. The offense hasn’t looked fluid all night. Instead of minimizing the rotation of QBs it’s seems they have increased it

• Like 2

Just now, tigerrules said:

Not all coaching.  But as much coaching as the players and execution 

Lack of Execution is the coaching staff not having them prepared enough.  But only so many times you can run to the sidelines before you realize it isn’t work yet they keep doing it.  It’s not the players.  It’s bad coaching.  

Just now, autiger88 said:

Well according to a report Freeze doesn't even care about the game until 30 mins before because he is recruiting. 

He is going to have to do a whole lot more. Me thinks the portal out will be considerable. 

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Coaches see stuff in practice that we don’t see in games. The coaches don’t need to waste reps validating their decisions to fans by playing people “so that the fans can see if they are effective or not.” The fact that he hasn’t seen time tells you what the coaches at least think they are seeing. 

Yep, so they put Geriner into a double pass play that he flubs to take us out of field goal range - when we could have run Hunter, Battie, or Cobb off tackle to potentially take away 3. I don't think the coaches are taking anything way from practice. Or, we are just really this monumentally inconsistent.

I should have foreseen this offense. When Freeze started talking about how he couldn’t call plays because he doesn’t know the terminology, that was our sign that this year was going to be a sh*tshow.

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Coaches see stuff in practice that we don’t see in games. The coaches don’t need to waste reps validating their decisions to fans by playing people “so that the fans can see if they are effective or not.” The fact that he hasn’t seen time tells you what the coaches at least think they are seeing. 

At this point it can't hurt to give him a chance. He was brought in cold on a trick play. Whatever Ashford and Thorne are doing in practice clearly isn't transitioning to the playing field. 

Just now, Browning4AU said:

Can we at least agree that Robby has now had his fair chance? This isn't a QB problem. It's an offense problem. 

I disagree, robbie has had times when things start rolling and he pulls him...he is better than thorne...

Just now, Tigerfinz said:

The stupid, unnecessary trick play that we ran was perhaps the worst play call I've seen all year.  

you wanted HG on the field.....complain, complain ...never happy

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Offense has let this team down man. D has given this O multiple opportunities and the O continues to crap the bed 

Thank you for this. Nailed it. Offense is a complete failure. Pure 100% failure . 

• Like 1

Not all coaching.  But as much coaching as the players and execution 

No. It’s talent. Harsin destroyed this roster. We just don’t have the Jimmys and Joes to go toe to toe with good teams right now. If we had an SEC caliber OL, we’d be running it effectively, and the rest of the offense would open up. If we had a dominant receiver, we’d be able to throw open the run better. We just don’t have SEC level talent anywhere on offense but running back. 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

That's about an hour before I quit caring. 

• Haha 1

And ironically Auburn refuses to throw to the middle. 

It's a no go zone...like protected air space...

Just now, bishoptf said:

I disagree, robbie has had times when things start rolling and he pulls him...he is better than thorne...

Doesn’t even let him finish the drive

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Literally **** him for even saying that out loud. Maybe at Ole Miss and Liberty you can ignore your game planning because they don't even demand the type of success we want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

The stupid, unnecessary trick play that we ran was perhaps the worst play call I've seen all year.  

Look. This offense is struggling for everything it’s getting. The coaches know this. They are trying anything they can to find some points. We all know our offense cannot stand toe to toe. So you get what we see. 

Just now, Shadow Tiger said:

At this point it can't hurt to give him a chance. He was brought in cold on a trick play. Whatever Ashford and Thorne are doing in practice clearly isn't transitioning to the playing field. 

It could absolutely hurt. It’s a one score game. A QB that makes bad reads likely turns the ball over and puts the game out of reach. 

Just now, cbo said:

That's about an hour before I quit caring. 

Same for Freeze 😂 it's ok though we are gonna be better next year screw this season though and the Seniors... 🙃

• Haha 1