Post game thread: Ole Miss

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

In accordance to ur last sentence that means no one on this forum has the right to voice their concerns. Without the fans there is no program. No one person can affect change unless u the big money guys but collectively fans can affect change as well. Once the bottom line starts to be affected moves will be made

I'm not sure if u are alluding to firing Freeze, but if you are ain't no chance of Freeze getting fired based on field performance.  At least for 2 more yrs. The biggest money guy at AU wanted Freeze, so there is that as well.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not sure if u are alluding to firing Freeze, but if you are ain't no chance of Freeze getting fired based on field performance.  At least for 2 more yrs. The biggest money guy at AU wanted Freeze, so there is that as well.

I am referring to the statement of if u can’t change anything why complain. This forum is built on discussions. I never mentioned anything about him being fired just talking about the correct product 

Edited by e808

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

I am referring to the statement of if u can’t change anything why complain. This forum is built on discussions. I never mentioned anything about him being fired just talking about the correct product 

Ok. You just mentioned affecting change. So was just curious.  I agree,  we can all get on here and rant and rave, get upset etc. It won't do any good or have any effect but it will make some of us feel better nonetheless 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The ironic thing about all of this is that the offense is catching the heat but it's the defensive depth situation thats causing Freeze to not run his offense. I encourage everyone to go watch Liberty or Ole Miss tape when Freeze was there.  It's nothing like what we are running right now.

Well said. I believe you and Bird are about the closest to my opinions on our team.

The lack of not being able to see the " Forest for the Trees is astonishing on this site.👍

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wish we could have used Battie and Cobb in more creative ways than we saw.

The best RB on the team is nothing more than jet sweep window dressing. At least Gus would have it handed off on the jet sweep occasionally.

20 hours ago, Barnacle said:

The coaches have no faith in our passing game. It shows. And I think that lack of confidence has likely bled into the offense itself. It’s excruciating to watch. As bad as I can remember. 

Been watching AU fball since 82. It’s the worst AU offense I’ve ever seen. Extremely inept and confused. Worse than 98. Worse than 08. Worse than 12.

Thank God Rane is paying to recruit. Need to pay for a new offensive coordinator too. I got bombed here when I asked why are we hiring the guy Tulsa fired. We’re seeing the fruits of that move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think you may be missing the point of the post - the way the SEC played out, it ended up being that close in terms of parity. This is an evaluation of how things have progressed week to week, not preseason expectations 

I could be wrong but there seem to be more terrible teams in the SEC this year, and no juggernauts. UGA and maybe Mizzou are good but not great, $puat has a pretty good defense, LSU and OM have good offenses, everyone else seems pedestrian as hell.

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

**Talent is an issue.  

Nope. TALENT IS THE ISSUE. 

Do we have other issues? Certainly, but Talent over rides every other thing right now because we suck at talent. SUCK. That is no slam on the kids nor their effort. Got to play the hand we are dealt. 

Do I want PT to ever play again? I dont, but I am not the coach. You are not the coach. You are just one more fan that doesnt have anything close to full knowledge of whats going on with the team whining his ass off about the coaches that have had success everywhere else they have gone. This year means nothing. We are at best going to a minor bowl. Let the process continue.

You and the rest of the whiny mess need to just have faith and STFU for now.

Remember: "You cant spell LMAO without LAMO"
You folks remind me of a very few turd fans when Saban lost to LAMO in 2007. Most of them were a lot smarter than AU Fans today apparently. They all knew it didnt mean anything. bama won a Natl Title two years later in 2009. But by then, Saban had time to build his team. Freeze needs his time right now too.  

https://thecrimsonwhite.com/100176/sports/a-look-back-at-the-2007-ul-monroe-loss/#:~:text=Alabama fell 21-14 to,the season against SEC competition.

This was Saban’s first season, and it was certainly not a success compared to the standard Saban has set over the last 15 years. But it is important to note Saban had not yet had the chance to recruit his own player pool. That doesn’t mean the team was devoid of talent. Many key players such as Javier Arenas and Leigh Tiffin — who went on to win with Saban for Alabama’s first national championship title since 1992 — were part of this team. Alabama’s star receiver DJ Hall, who had been suspended for violation of team conduct, was brought back out to play in the second half to overcome the Warhawks.  

It was not lost on UL-Monroe’s head coach Charlie Weatherbie what his team had done. Weatherbie had been head coach of UL-Monroe for five seasons and said the win at Bryant-Denny Stadium was “the biggest win of [his] head coaching career.”  

Fans of the Warhawks also realized what the team had accomplished. Local business owners hung photos of the Warhawks celebrating inside Bryant-Denny in local restaurants. A local car dealer paid to display a billboard for all Alabama fans traveling to the Independence Bowl on I-20 in Shreveport, Louisiana to see. The billboard read, “Tide Rolled! ULM 21 – Alabama 14.”  

Saban and longtime Crimson Tide fans have used this UL-Monroe loss as a cautionary tale before “cupcake” games for years. But not everyone remembers this game, including current players for the Crimson Tide.  

“I remember when these guys beat us,” Saban said to start the week leading up to Alabama’s clash with the Warhawks. “I know that our players won’t remember that because history sometimes is not that important, and they were probably — what would you say — five, six years old when that happened?” 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, AUBwins said:

At least we have a clinching ALCS game to look forward to tonight! :)

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yeah we do!!!

The only thing that scares me is it's at home. 🤣

17 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Well they better figure that part out since the last 2 are at home lol

i-knew-it-cassi-davis.gif

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Do we have other issues? Certainly, but Talent over rides every other thing right now because we suck at talent. SUCK. That is no slam on the kids nor their effort. Got to play the hand we are dealt. 

Do I want PT to ever play again? I dont, but I am not the coach. You are not the coach. You are just one more fan that doesnt have anything close to full knowledge of whats going on with the team whining his ass off about the coaches that have had success everywhere else they have gone. This year means nothing. We are at best going to a minor bowl. Let the process continue.

You folks remind me of a very few turd fans when Saban lost to LAMO in 2007. Most of them were a lot smarter than AU Fans today apparently. They all knew it didnt mean anything. bama won a Natl Title two years later in 2009. But by then, Saban had time to build his team. Freeze needs his time right now too.  

https://thecrimsonwhite.com/100176/sports/a-look-back-at-the-2007-ul-monroe-loss/#:~:text=Alabama fell 21-14 to,the season against SEC competition.

This was Saban’s first season, and it was certainly not a success compared to the standard Saban has set over the last 15 years. But it is important to note Saban had not yet had the chance to recruit his own player pool. That doesn’t mean the team was devoid of talent. Many key players such as Javier Arenas and Leigh Tiffin — who went on to win with Saban for Alabama’s first national championship title since 1992 — were part of this team. Alabama’s star receiver DJ Hall, who had been suspended for violation of team conduct, was brought back out to play in the second half to overcome the Warhawks.  

It was not lost on UL-Monroe’s head coach Charlie Weatherbie what his team had done. Weatherbie had been head coach of UL-Monroe for five seasons and said the win at Bryant-Denny Stadium was “the biggest win of [his] head coaching career.”  

Fans of the Warhawks also realized what the team had accomplished. Local business owners hung photos of the Warhawks celebrating inside Bryant-Denny in local restaurants. A local car dealer paid to display a billboard for all Alabama fans traveling to the Independence Bowl on I-20 in Shreveport, Louisiana to see. The billboard read, “Tide Rolled! ULM 21 – Alabama 14.”  

Saban and longtime Crimson Tide fans have used this UL-Monroe loss as a cautionary tale before “cupcake” games for years. But not everyone remembers this game, including current players for the Crimson Tide.  

“I remember when these guys beat us,” Saban said to start the week leading up to Alabama’s clash with the Warhawks. “I know that our players won’t remember that because history sometimes is not that important, and they were probably — what would you say — five, six years old when that happened?” 

That sure is a lot of whining about other people whining.

Funny how that always seems to happen.

2 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

That sure is a lot of whining about other people whining.

Funny how that always seems to happen.

and now YOU are whining about him whining about other people whining............grins

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Let me know when Hugh Freze brings in the #1 recruiting class or did you glean over that fact? Year 2 loss in the SEC championship game. Year 3 won the national championship . So I will be sure to hold you to that time line. 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Do we have other issues? Certainly

That literally means Talent is "an" issue, since we have others.  Christ

• Haha 3

Talent needs to be last on the list at the moment. Recruiting doesn’t help us until next year. Besides.

QB - Holden Geriner - 4 star recruit

RB - Jeremiah Cobb - 4 star recruit

WR - Shane Hooks - 4 star transfer, Jyaire Shorter 4 star transfer, Caleb Burton 4 star recruit/transfer

TE - Brandon Frazier - 4 star recruit

OL - Dillon Wade - 4ST, Gunner Britton 4ST,  Avery Jones 4SR, Kam Stutts 3SR, Izavion Miller 3SR

Just using the depth chart and rearranging some that’s an 81% blue chip offense. Is Holden Geriner really a flop? Or is playing with the 2’s and having no game time not allowing him time to shine? Is Cobb really not good enough to get more playing time especially with Hunter seeming to struggle?  There are more 4 stars at WR. You really can’t pick your 3 best and let them build chemistry with the QB? Brandon Frazier really has NOTHING to offer at 6’7” 250 pounds? OL is what it is but it looks better than last year. We aren’t winning a Natty but we have more than enough talent to not look like a middle school football team on offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, gman87 said:

I could be wrong but there seem to be more terrible teams in the SEC this year, and no juggernauts. UGA and maybe Mizzou are good but not great, $puat has a pretty good defense, LSU and OM have good offenses, everyone else seems pedestrian as hell.

Exactly. Parity! 

On 10/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

The ironic thing about all of this is that the offense is catching the heat but it's the defensive depth situation thats causing Freeze to not run his offense. I encourage everyone to go watch Liberty or Ole Miss tape when Freeze was there.  It's nothing like what we are running right now.

Wrong. It’s his offense’s inability to keep his defense off the field. He began the season running HUNH. You can’t continue to run the HUNH achieving five 1st downs in the first three quarters unless you want your defense exhausted at halftime. He altered the tempo due to his offense’s ineptitude, not due to defensive depth.

2 hours ago, War Damn said:

Is this the official EOTT statement concerning the matter?

Do you mean EOTTC? Hadn’t thought about it since 2008. 

6 hours ago, War Damn said:

Everyone that disagrees with you needs to sit down and let the grown ups talk?  

Got it, Mao.  

By the way, you can’t say that talent is THE issue and then say that we have other issues in the next sentence and be taken seriously.  That is called a contradiction.  

Talent is THE issue, as in #1. Do we have others? Certainly. But they all fade when you look at #1. 

Can we run a HUNH? With the right players.

Can we run the Power I? With the right players. 

Can we play M2M on D on the corners? With the right players. 

At the moment we don’t have the talent to do any of that. We have a few good players and some that wouldn’t make the 2 deep at any other SEC school.  Just take a chill pill and let the process work itself out. 

It looks ugly out on the field, but we are gonna get better. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Wrong. It’s his offense’s inability to keep his defense off the field. He began the season running HUNH. You can’t continue to run the HUNH achieving five 1st downs in the first three quarters unless you want your defense exhausted at halftime. He altered the tempo due to his offense’s ineptitude, not due to defensive depth.

Tell that to Hugh.  He just said exactly what I posted in his presser today , along with numerous other times. As well, as by numerous other pay site mods . But, of course Hugh could be lying thru his  teeth. Why don't u email him and ask?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Tell that to Hugh.  He just said exactly what I posted in his presser today , along with numerous other times. As well, as by numerous other pay site mods . But, of course Hugh could be lying thru his  teeth. Why don't u email him and ask?

You said “I encourage everyone to go watch Liberty or Ole Miss tape when Freeze was there.  It's nothing like what we are running right now.”

So he had defensive depth at Ole Miss and Liberty? That’s why he was able to run HUNH at those two power houses, but not at Auburn?

Edited by Viper

33 minutes ago, Viper said:

You said “I encourage everyone to go watch Liberty or Ole Miss tape when Freeze was there.  It's nothing like what we are running right now.”

So he had defensive depth at Ole Miss and Liberty? That’s why he was able to run HUNH at those two power houses, but not at Auburn?

I didn't say he had or didn't have defensive depth at Liberty or Ole Miss. I said what he is running now isn't what he ran there. That's 100% fact. 

HUGH FREEZE said he doesn't have the defensive depth at AU right now. He is worried about his starters having to play too many snaps. That came straight from him in numerous press conferences.  It's not that hard to comprehend what the man says or maybe it is? If u wanna call the man a liar , go for it. What I posted about the defensive depth at AU came straight from the horses mouth.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

If it matters to anyone, in current 2024 recruiting, we are currently number 17 in the nation with several slots to fill yet (so we should move up) and we have 2 five stars.

Only teams in the country right now, with more than 2 five stars are Georgia, Ohio State and Florida State. (notice I didn’t say the turds) According to ON3, we have an excellent shot at flipping two more five stars and another four star commit is expected within days.

Also, according to 247, in the way too early 2025 recruiting class, we are currently number four in the nation! Number four in the nation with several four stars, and five stars in the 2025 class expressing interest.

So the future looks bright! Freeze will get it done! And yes, some of the current play-calling has been absolutely atrocious!

We can have both:

1. A current system Freeze is not used to running, where he has to spend more time recruiting than he ever has in his entire life, which has led to ridiculous play-calling and other issues.

2. A very bright future!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, War Damn said:

Results matter.  That and Black Lives. 

Yes, recruiting results matter. As far as the other goes: You may want to check into the political thread.