RIP Tyler

bigbird

Spitting facts!

IMO, we, as fans, need to appreciate the trials so we can relish the triumphs. 

• Like 1

my behind puckered up a little and he was not even addressing me. thank god he never heard me call him goober...........................lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s a valid question.  When you are being paid what Dabo is being paid, second highest in CFB…then he needs to expect fans to ask why their program is circling the drain.  It’s not like Dabo just got there, and while he did earn that money once you get it, there is a standard in the program you are expected to uphold and 4-4 isn’t it.  

The cracks in Dabo are starting to show IMO.  Never heard him lose it quite like this.  

Also sounds like he’s been practicing his “a’ights” in hopes Mama calls one day. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I just came here to post this story, since I just read it...Dabo is a little touchy these days...Dabo can say whatever makes him feel good...and he can say whatever but you don't see Bama and Uga having these kind of seasons and if they did it would be the same end of the world kind of stuff. I know bama is struggling (my words, they are not as dominant as years past) in this new world order with NIL and the portal but we will see if Dabo really can coach and right the ship. I think he may have dug the hole deep enough that he cannot make it out, he has lost a lot of his vaulted coordinators that could recruit and coach AND then just passed on NIL and the portal...no idea WTH he was thinking would happen but I guess he is seeing the results of all those things...

and another thing, no one doesnt appreciate what he has done in the past, those were great achievements but your also being paid 11m and last time I looked I can not find a 4-4 season for either Bama or Uga in the past 10 years, so he can beat his chest all he wants but his program has some issues and he was called out about it...and instead of owning up to the issues and taking responsibility for where his program is at the moment, he just acted like a three year old...not sure I would be proud if that was out coach..maybe most are like "yea you tell them Dabo" but really Tyler was speaking the truth and sometimes it stings...

Edited by bishoptf
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Spitting facts!

IMO, we, as fans, need to appreciate the trials so we can relish the triumphs. 

Not sure I follow, are you saying its ok if you go 4-4 after being really great for a period of time? I dunno, I think his reaction speaks volumes, he knows his program is not where it should be but instead of owning up to it and saying how he is going to fix it he is just berating a caller about how dare he question the great Dabo Swinney.  Dude makes 11m to win and going 4-4 is not acceptable, I dont care if you won the natty last year, I mean all those facts that he was spitting out kind of proves the point...how do you go from that to this...4-4 is auburn territory, just saying...:)

Edited by bishoptf

No one ever mentions how banged up Clemson is and their terrible turnover luck this year. It's a lot of things but I don't buy the whole "it's all circling Dabo" take.

They're still 5th in team talent composite ranking. They're still loaded. 

I think the uncertainty of the future of CFB has a lot of fans and pundits anxious and that's why we're seeing the worst takes imaginable this year on pretty much every topic. Money has turned this wonderful sport cuckoo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

No one ever mentions how banged up Clemson is and their terrible turnover luck this year. It's a lot of things but I don't buy the whole "it's all circling Dabo" take.

They're still 5th in team talent composite ranking. They're still loaded. 

I think the uncertainty of the future of CFB has a lot of fans and pundits anxious and that's why we're seeing the worst takes imaginable this year on pretty much every topic. Money has turned this wonderful sport cuckoo.

What do you mean about uncertainty of the future of CFB..is it going somewhere did I miss it? Money has always surrounded the sports but it was just the peddlers that were reaping all the benefits and the schools but make no doubt, money has always been involved. It's going to change/evolve but I for one think the players should have always gotten a piece of the pie, whatever size the pie was, everybody else was making bank they should too...

Tyler should have also told Dabo that due to his downward spiral, he's probably no longer in the running for the Alabama job.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Tyler should have also told Dabo that due to his downward spiral, he's probably no longer in the running for the Alabama job.

Actually based on his current performance I think he would be right for the job....:)

• Haha 1

Wow I didn't have the whole context, Tyler kind of gave it to him....ROFLMAO - https://garnetandcocky.com/2023/10/31/dabo-swinney-rant-tyler-spartanburg/

He even addressed Swinney’s self-proclaimed “man of faith” label by asking if he had read the book of Proverbs recently because Proverbs 16:18 states that “Pride goes before a fall."

Ouch...thats good stuff...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

It’s a valid question.  When you are being paid what Dabo is being paid, second highest in CFB…then he needs to expect fans to ask why their program is circling the drain.  It’s not like Dabo just got there, and while he did earn that money once you get it, there is a standard in the program you are expected to uphold and 4-4 isn’t it.  

The cracks in Dabo are starting to show IMO.  Never heard him lose it quite like this.  

Also sounds like he’s been practicing his “a’ights” in hopes Mama calls one day. 

Nah. Tyler’s a prick. 

LOL! Dabo blaming fans for his team’s awful performance. What it really boils down to is Dabo thinking he and Clemson are better than to “go so low” as to utilize NIL and portal. I think Dabo just brought Clemsoning back. The fact that he got so butthurt about a kid’s legit question is beyond absurd. The funny thing to is none of the past accomplishments really matter when your team is now struggling to be at .500 or get to a bowl game. 

Imagine trying to justify yourself, your education, your college football experience, your marriage, your kids, your life to a kid the way Dabo did from 3:52 on in this video…yuck 

Edited by AUINSY

Dabo has 12 straight 10 win seasons, 4 national title game appearances, and 2 national championships. Clemson football was nothing before him. 

That's why he makes all that money. Tyler from Spartanburg should be grateful. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, bishoptf said:

What do you mean about uncertainty of the future of CFB..is it going somewhere did I miss it? Money has always surrounded the sports but it was just the peddlers that were reaping all the benefits and the schools but make no doubt, money has always been involved. It's going to change/evolve but I for one think the players should have always gotten a piece of the pie, whatever size the pie was, everybody else was making bank they should too...

Conference realignment, Playoff expansion, NIL, transfer portal, etc. I don't think any sport in America has experienced such radical change in such a short amount of time.

• Like 1

Ehh not supporting it after he was so brash against the players getting money like he didn't owe his success to the likes of many of them.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ehh not supporting it after he was so brash against the players getting money like he didn't owe his success to the likes of many of them.

To be clear, I do not like Dabo as a person. He is a goof that always takes the wrong stance on important issues. 

But on the field, he's been amazing. Clemson fans are spoiled because of him. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cbo said:

Dabo has 12 straight 10 win seasons, 4 national title game appearances, and 2 national championships. Clemson football was nothing before him. 

That's why he makes all that money. Tyler from Spartanburg should be grateful. 

Cheesy Dabo put Clemson on CFB's map, period.  

But now that "church money" used to pay their players became legal with NIL and now it's a bidding war for recruits. 

His religion won't allow him to dive deep into the portal for fear of compromising the "culture" he's built at Clemson.  He just doesn't like the dirtiness of having to outbid other schools, he thinks the Clemson family & religion atmosphere he built at Clemson the last 10 yrs should be all it takes to attract top football players.