Bowl Game Projections

Win4AU

On 11/8/2023 at 5:08 PM, DAG said:

Iono why some of y’all are so obsessed with playing Gus. 

I am because there are otherwise not that many interesting bowl scenario story's for us this season, Debbie Downer.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I am because there are otherwise not that many interesting bowl scenario story's for us this season, Debbie Downer.

So many better options to face then the same ole story of old coach faces old team. Let go of Gus. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Purdue in Nashville. 🤪

Actually I don’t care about the destination, I just want to get a win.

Anyone know our bowl record? We have to be close to .500, maybe a bit better. Since the natty, it has to be abysmal.

Edited by AU120289

I want a bowl win.  No Wisconsin or Clemson.

Purdue would be good if we could have the same results as last time!!!

also a bowl vs Colorado would be interesting.  I’m not sure if they are bowl eligible though?

32 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

Purdue in Nashville. 🤪

Anyone know our bowl record? We have to be close to .500, maybe a bit better. Since the natty, it has to be abysmal.

24-21-a few ties or something close to that.  I would think that Google would tell you something close to that. 

30 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I want a bowl win.  No Wisconsin or Clemson.

Purdue would be good if we could have the same results as last time!!!

also a bowl vs Colorado would be interesting.  I’m not sure if they are bowl eligible though?

Purdue is 2-7 so I doubt we get them.  

Why care about bowl game results unless it really matters?  Iron sharpens iron.  Play a s***ty team, get s***ty results later. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Beat the Bamzos and we can aim much higher than Memphis or Shreveport.

Assuming we can take care of NMSU, we'll end up in the "Pool of Six" regardless of how the IB goes.

Gotta wonder if Nashville had to choose between 7-5 Auburn or 7-5 Kentucky which way they’d go?  

I’ll be in Charlotte for Christmas so I could do the Mayo Bowl too.

Edited by Win4AU
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Gotta wonder if Nashville had to choose between 7-5 Auburn or 7-5 Kentucky which way they’d go?  

They got Kentucky last year soooo...

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

You think we will lose to New Mexico State?

40 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You think we will lose to New Mexico State?

They are 8-3……. I had a moment yesterday when I thought to myself “This is the year 1 game where Auburn poos the bed and everyone gives us a hard time about when Hugh goes on a 20 year run of multiple championships but then I looked at who’s they’d beaten and felt better.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU120289 said:

Purdue in Nashville. 🤪

All time 24-20-2. Since the second natty win, 3-7. Gus era really hurt the bowl record, but it's still good.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

They got Kentucky last year soooo...

That field for that bowl always looks like crap.  I think it's because they play the ACC championship there and the NFL game etc. So they paint over the paint.

• Like 1

Any bowl game is a bonus because of the added practice time. And a bowl win for CHF in his first rebuild year would be great for recruiting. Let's go bowling!

The bowl needs to have SEC tie-ins and be further down the pecking order for a 7-5 Auburn team. The SEC tie-in bowls include Liberty Bowl, Gasparilla Bowl, Texas Bowl, Duke's Mayo Bowl, and Birmingham. The Music City Bowl is the other option.

There are SEC teams with stronger records than Auburn vying for these lesser bowls -- Missouri, Kentucky, A&M, Tennessee. A&M may have the inside track on the Texas Bowl. Tennessee may have the inside tract on the Music City Bowl. Auburn may be perceived as "too good" for a repeat at the Birmingham Bowl.

I'd be very happy with the Music City Bowl, since Auburn has never lost in that bowl game. Wisconsin maybe? The Duke's Mayo vs an ACC team would be a challenge for our Tigers, but the idea of Auburn vs Clemson might appeal to the selection crew for its potential TV audience.

Whatever, Auburn 7-5 going into a bowl game should be a great start to the CHF era at Auburn.

Edited by AURex

5 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I want Iowa.  

Hayden Fry has put together quite the defense.  

Seriously?  Hayden Fry has been dead for nearly 4 years.  

I'm all in on the Duke's Mayo Bowl. If nothing else, it's a short drive (from a Texan's perspective) down to the last of the Quincy's Steakhouses in Florence SC. I used to love that place when I was in my teens and 20's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gctiger said:

Seriously?  Hayden Fry has been dead for nearly 4 years.  

It's OK, he's having an '80's flashback.