Fairweather

LPTiger

I want to see more of Caleb Burton and I think Frazier needs at least 2-3 targets a game. It would be nice to see some packages where Javvarius and Fair are on the field together. It would be hard to cover both of them. It is disappointing that Shorter hasn’t gotten more playing time. 

9 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

I've been told that it's a requirement to douse both hands in melted butter before you can check into the game at WR or TE at AU. Not sure why keep that tradition going. 

Who started that tradition? Tommy Trott? 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No, it’s like a direct result of coaching emphasis. If guys don’t take BP, they won’t hit as well. If guys don’t practice free throws, they won’t make as many. If receivers don’t get on the jugs machine, run basic traffic drills, and practice high pointing, they won’t catch as many.

If MD wanted to put an end to the drops, he could. I’d have them out there all damn day getting basic reps until they got sick of it. Anything hand-eye HAS to constantly be reinforced.

I think guys are just blessed with better hands than others. You can only marginally improve that ability. 

It's also asinine to imply if Marcus Davis wanted the WRs to stop dropping passes he would make them stop lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Who started that tradition? Tommy Trott? 

I think guys are just blessed with better hands than others. You can only marginally improve that ability. 

It's also asinine to imply if Marcus Davis wanted the WRs to stop dropping passes he would make them stop lol

As a receiver who literally disproved that theory over the course of my career, I can tell you it’s an acquired skill. I went from no-hands to no-drops in my extremely humble time at the position.

Catching a football is a trade. You learn it and practice it. Some guys take to it easier than others but it’s still purely a skill. To make the more difficult catches you have to master body control, awareness, fluidity, focus, and hand-eye. But that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about basic, uncontested, hit-you-in-the-chest balls like the ones Fairweather dropped.

With no exaggeration, those should be caught 100 out of 100 times by a disciplined receiver. No more difficult than catching a routine fly ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok I had a phone conversation with someone today. 
The deal seems to be that the young guys are getting reps since it’s so late in the season. 
So it’s a decision I assume is made by the staff. 
I truly understand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chuck4334 said:

The deal seems to be that the young guys are getting reps since it’s so late in the season. 
I truly understand. 

Not a fan of that.   There is still something to play for this season.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chuck4334 said:

I truly understand. 

Still hope we just play the best.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 7:52 AM, weagl1 said:

I want to be a Fairweather fan but the dude is dropping too many balls and is getting too many stupid penalties negating big plays. 

Doesn't that by definition make you a Fairweather fan?

• Haha 3