Is this tampering

LPTiger

So Al.com has an article and a video up where Saban meets one of his former players after the LSU game (the player transferred last year from UA to LSU) and Saban says to him "you would be playing more if you were here than there."  Is that not tantamount to saying you need to come back?  Isn't that contacting and tampering with a player who is not in the portal?

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

So Al.com has an article and a video up where Saban meets one of his former players after the LSU game (the player transferred last year from UA to LSU) and Saban says to him "you would be playing more if you were here than there."  Is that not tantamount to saying you need to come back?  Isn't that contacting and tampering with a player who is not in the portal?

Good Lord, they won't even call holding on Alabama. No way this will garner any attention from the SEC, or NCAA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

We all know Saban is a d**k. But it's not tampering if the kid is not being recruited. It's kinda like, if CHF said to Pegues after the loss to LSU "Wish you has stuck with Auburn." Not tampering.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I don’t believe players can transfer any more (1x transfer rule) until they graduate or under other specific circumstances, like health of a family member or something like that. 

Not tampering since he can't transfer back really.  But definitely rubbing it in his face.  To me it's on the same lines as "sucks to be you right now doesn't it."  If Saban was wanting to give him a compliment it would have been more in the tone of "I really hated to see you leave, you are a great player.  Sorry we never got to see you reach your full potential at Bama.  I wish you all the best".   

• Like 3

He is speaking to his current players, give the little man credit, he is always coaching.  When he says something  he is talking to someone.  He coaches 24/7    Yeah, I hate the little SOB but.

CTT would answer with a reference his undefeated season ( Coach thank you for 2004 but we are paying you millions for this year).  Ask CTB a difficult question he would talk about how his daddy did it.  CGM will write a book on coach speak,  "Offensive coach speak".  CBH will write a book on "Taking the money and run".

Please tell me why we are discussing pronoun $#!- on a football forum.

On 11/5/2023 at 9:24 PM, AURex said:

We all know Saban is a d**k. But it's not tampering if the kid is not being recruited. It's kinda like, if CHF said to Pegues after the loss to LSU "Wish you has stuck with Auburn." Not tampering.

Well, Ole Miss was off that week so it's possible that J.J. was at that game...