Men vs Baylor Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When your best shooter rides the pine the entire 2nd half, there's an issue. 

I didn’t like some of the personnel groupings in the 2nd half. Maybe it was foul trouble or maybe still feeling out his team. That should improve as we move deeper into the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love Bruce but it does get frustrating how we have these lapses pretty regularly. Baylor looked to have the better coaching and overall bball IQ down the stretch, is what it is. We looked good overall though and at least we appear to have better shooters. Hopefully the lapses will be minimal going forward. 

7 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Surprised that we look like the tired and sloppy team at the end 

Because our only PG was a true freshman due to foul trouble on Tre.

Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

I didn’t like some of the personnel groupings in the 2nd half. Maybe it was foul trouble or maybe still feeling out his team. That should improve as we move deeper into the season. 

Definitely foul trouble 

we had 3 guys with 4

• Like 1

Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

Would still be nice if Baylor didn't get the deshaun Watson treatment 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'm pretty pissed at the moment, actually very pissed the more I think about this game. But this team has an extremely high ceiling 

Me too. That's why I feel Bruce needs to let the refs have it in the post game.  Enough to get fined. It would be a great tribute to Bobby Knight...

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Love Bruce but it does get frustrating how we have these lapses pretty regularly. Baylor looked to have the better coaching and overall bball IQ down the stretch, is what it is. We looked good overall though and at least we appear to have better shooters. Hopefully the lapses will be minimal going forward. 

His teams NEVER fail to end halves horribly. It's a Bruce-team trend. You can lay money on it and make bank.

At what point can a team stop using the excuse of needing to learn to gel together? The ball movement looked great, the fundamentals looked horrific. Poor rebounding, no discipline to force tough shots without fouling, no help defense. Looked about the same as last year. Holloway is a monster though. At least we have a pg. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'm pretty pissed at the moment, actually very pissed the more I think about this game. But this team has an extremely high ceiling 

Yeah, I'm mostly upset because we should have won this game. We had no business losing it. Bad turnovers down the stretch and defensive rebounding killed us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t personally think the refs were that much of a problem, and I hope that we learn to play with the physicality going to the rim that they did tbh. We did it in the first half, just did not establish that same presence as the game closed. 

This. The refs only called what they saw happening. Drew ordered his players to attack the rim, disrupt our flow, and make it to the line. We didn’t adjust to that, and by the time the 4 minute mark came around, all the fouls had piled up and were taking a toll on Bruce’s rotations. They had the best player on the floor tonight and the better in-game coach. It is what it is. Our McDonald’s All American played like a true freshman at the end and theirs played like a lottery pick all game long. 

• Like 1

We need to decrease our turnovers as Aden got picked some but man he’s a shooter. We needed more second chance shots also but I think this team is going to get better as we go along 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Doesn’t account for the absence of Jones for much of the half

Wth was that all about? Even Berman got some of his minutes..

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Yeah, I'm mostly upset because we should have won this game. We had no business losing it. Bad turnovers down the stretch and defensive rebounding killed us. 

I agree, but I'll also add some bs fouls that had no business being called. Still shoulda played better, but it is what it is 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

We already hitting meltdown phase after 1 game? Sheesh 😂

Anybody that's rational and not just a floater from the football side is not. A lot to be excited about with this team 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

What are you most pissed about?

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Definitely should have won. That's why it's so frustrating. Choke.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Wth was that all about? Even Berman got some of his minutes..

I think berman was in due to Moore and CBM foul trouble but definitely needed more Jones

• Like 2

Also, did it seem to anyone that Jaylin was just...existing? Like he disappears way too often. Dude should be taking over games by now. He's been at Auburn for 5 years!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are gonna be just fine. Watching this team find itself and really start to blossom in mid-late February is going to be a beautiful thing

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

His teams NEVER fail to end halves horribly. It's a Bruce-team trend. You can lay money on it and make bank.

Did you see the end of the 1st half???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Also, did it seem to anyone that Jaylin was just...existing? Like he disappears way too often. Dude should be taking over games by now. He's been at Auburn for 5 years!

He is very hesitant, still.