Men vs Baylor Game Thread

Maverick.AU

37 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I miss how Jared Harper put teams away. Drive, draw the foul, make the freebies, game over. Simple

I think Aden can improve his game in that area. He was a bit hesitant to go down the middle. It was left open several times. I think he’ll get it quickly. His upside is going to be fun to watch.

• Like 2

This was the first season opener that Bruce has lost at Auburn. First season opening loss since 2010 for Auburn. 

I really like our offense and see alot of upside there. We've got defend better without fouling. 

The stats for both teams were nearly identical in most categories. We had more fouls and Baylor was better from the foul line. 

We can't keep having great 1st halfs and then collapse in the 2nd half. We did that last year as well and it ended our season against Houston in the 2nd round. 

All in all, I'm pretty happy and we can definitely build on this. WDE

• Like 1

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

This was the first season opener that Bruce has lost at Auburn. First season opening loss since 2010 for Auburn. 

I really like our offense and see alot of upside there. We've got defend better without fouling. 

The stats for both teams were nearly identical in most categories. We had more fouls and Baylor was better from the foul line. 

We can't keep having great 1st halfs and then collapse in the 2nd half. We did that last year as well and it ended our season against Houston in the 2nd round. 

All in all, I'm pretty happy and we can definitely build on this. WDE

Yep also only sec team opening against a top 25 opponent, should have won, but that's neither here nor there. I personally am very intrigued to see how this team grows. 

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Yep also only sec team opening against a top 25 opponent, should have won, but that's neither here nor there. I personally am very intrigued to see how this team grows. 

Yeah, it will take a bit for teams to work the kinks out and see what they have. I saw where Arkansas barely beat La. Monroe 81-76. We'll be seeing some strange scores for a few weeks I'm sure. 

Thanks for what you do Maverick. WDE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sucks he was in foul trouble the whoooole game! Ughhh. He’s our other 3 point sniper. I don’t think he even got off a 3 point shot tonight.

He took over at one point and then was hit with a series of questionable fouls.  Can't put himself in that position, he too valuable to the team.

Also, Johnson had a little Deer in his eyes last night. You saw some flashes of what he's able to do. His confidence will grow. He's a player. 

5 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

On that note tho, it's late guys, thanks for everyone that showed out and participated, War Eagle!

Appreciate the play by play and discussions.  War Eagle, Mav! 

• Like 2

I was correct...5 am came waaaayy to early today...time to make the donuts...lol

Edited by Tigerfinz

Really enjoyed the game last night. 

How much fun to watch a player pull up for a three and not yell "What are you doing!" We really need to find the guy to give the ball to when we must have a basket, especially down the stretch. I'm not sure how many points we scored over the last 5-7 minutes but it wasn't very many. When we went with our veteran lineup near the end, we didn't have that guy in the game,  whoever he is or becomes.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Wasn't it curious how Jones was sitting, also? Kept looking for him more in the 2nd  half.

Yes, that was strange 

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Man U have some nuts lol, I'll  give u that. Maybe  do one and get some post nut clarity before u post again 

Telling you to get some rest takes  nuts? I'm impressed..