Arkansas Post Game

Dwayne Pride

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw that hard to believe it true

Apparently it was in a separate locker room that only had walk-ons and redshirts that had dressed for the game in there.  Still a bad look.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Your defeatist attitude is astounding. 

Unless there was more to the original post, I am not sure how stating a fact is defeatist.

• Thanks 1

So much to like about this game. O-line hass jelled,DB"s playing lock down defense, D-line pressure, healthy LB's looking great, Thorne knowing and comfortable in the offense, special teams making a difference. 

This was a complete team game. It was much better then the Vandy game as the hogs talent wise are close to us.

Need to continue the progress against New Mexico State to be sure we are firing on all cylinders  when we play bama 

I told my father in law we would win the next four starting with Miss State. He told me I was insane. Just need Auburn to handle business next week! Preferably the next two weeks!

2 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Apparently it was in a separate locker room that only had walk-ons and redshirts that had dressed for the game in there.  Still a bad look.  

The separate locker room for Redshirts/Walkons is just so odd to me does Auburn do such a thing?

12 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Just turned on the highlights, Caleb Wooten is just about to make it to the ten…

Update. Wooten has reached the one yard line. With a good push, he could do it!

Given our position before the game, the significance of this win cannot be overstated, IMO.  There is light years of difference between having won this game and not - an SEC road win we weren't exactly expected to get.  Plus, the dominating fashion in which we won it.

Plus it promotes excitement with a chance for 8 regular season wins, however small it might be. 

Plus getting to play an out-of-state bowl game...assuming we win next week.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AU120289 said:

Unless there was more to the original post, I am not sure how stating a fact is defeatist.

The guy constantly finds anything negative about Auburn,  and is just giddy to post it.  Look through his posts for the last year or so.

My only issue wish the O  was unleashed a little bit sooner. UGA game was very winnable and still believe Auburn should have beat Ole Miss. As explained in other threads there appears to be a method to the madness. It just doesn’t help when CHF says he should have done things sooner.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

The guy constantly finds anything negative about Auburn,  and is just giddy to post it.  Look through his posts for the last year or so.

Or look at my posts in this very thread where I say lots of positive things, about the record for the season, specific players, position groups. Or where I defend the D in multiple posts. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about but I guess you are the kind of rah rah insecure fan that can’t handle if someone posts a single fact that doesn’t bolster your favorite team. 

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

Or look at my posts in this very thread where I say lots of positive things, about the record for the season, specific players, position groups. Or where I defend the D in multiple posts. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about but I guess you are the kind of rah rah insecure fan that can’t handle if someone posts a single fact that doesn’t bolster your favorite team. 

yeah,  you say some positive things, some are backhanded compliments,  but you always start off with painting Auburn in the most negative light you can.   

We just played our most complete game in 2 years.   You should be happy not making excuses why we won.

Defeatist attitude.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

yeah,  you say some positive things, some are backhanded compliments,  but you always start off with painting Auburn in the most negative light you can.   

We just played our most complete game in 2 years.   You should be happy not making excuses why we won.

Defeatist attitude.

I am happy and I never made any excuses. Again, I have been positive all over this thread. Then you randomly started on me for no reason. 

You should be more like your username. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

but you always start off with painting Auburn in the most negative light you can.   

Do you live in reality?  His first comment about the game was "I can't believe how good the D has been all season. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

He didn’t post anything negative. He posted a fact. If you don’t like him, hey that’s cool, but his previous posts are irrelevant. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Baffling how that Arkansas team we watched today was able to beat Florida in the swamp.

So bipolar. Lose to BYU and an awful Mississippi State team at home but then almost beat LSU and Alabama on the road. In fact, Arkansas has somehow played better on the road than at home this year all season.

Shouldn’t really be surprised though since Liberty’s defense gave the Arkansas OL tons of trouble last year and that coaching staff is now at Auburn.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

So bipolar. Lose to BYU and an awful Mississippi State team at home but then almost beat LSU and Alabama on the road. In fact, Arkansas has somehow played better on the road than at home this year all season.

Shouldn’t really be surprised though since Liberty’s defense gave the Arkansas OL tons of trouble last year and that coaching staff is now at Auburn.

@gohogs14I saw a video of a Hog fan doing a "walk and talk."  He said the Arky o-line was awful.  Hard to believe with Sam  Pittman as HC.   This is the only game I have seen of you guys, but the line play did look pretty bad.   We have 1 defensive end who transferred from powerhouse Vandy, number 11, great kid, but hasn't had much of an impact on the field to date.   He bull rushed your right tackle once yesterday like nothing we have seen from him YTD.   Anyone can look bad on any given play, but 11 hasn't done that to anyone else.  5 sacks is the most we have had all year.   I've never seen Arky not able to produce anything in the running game.    We've been there for sure.  We can feel your pain.   Appreciate you contributing to our board.  

p.s. I got to tour your baseball facility immediately before y'all swept us last year (which isn't a nice thing to do particularly when the weather never got above 45).   Holy cow.   What an amazing place.   Almost as nice as the indoor track facility....

53 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

@gohogs14I saw a video of a Hog fan doing a "walk and talk."  He said the Arky o-line was awful.  Hard to believe with Sam  Pittman as HC.   This is the only game I have seen of you guys, but the line play did look pretty bad.   We have 1 defensive end who transferred from powerhouse Vandy, number 11, great kid, but hasn't had much of an impact on the field to date.   He bull rushed your right tackle once yesterday like nothing we have seen from him YTD.   Anyone can look bad on any given play, but 11 hasn't done that to anyone else.  5 sacks is the most we have had all year.   I've never seen Arky not able to produce anything in the running game.    We've been there for sure.  We can feel your pain.   Appreciate you contributing to our board.  

p.s. I got to tour your baseball facility immediately before y'all swept us last year (which isn't a nice thing to do particularly when the weather never got above 45).   Holy cow.   What an amazing place.   Almost as nice as the indoor track facility....

Yeah the OL is probably the worst I’ve ever seen, which is very surprising considering who the coach is. We’ve usually done a good job of staying in games this year but the defense just imploded yesterday unlike anything they’ve done this year. Definitely the breaking point for Pittman’s tenure here.

Ironic thing is Malzahn is one of the first names mentioned who the boosters want to try to bring back here for the 100th time. Worried it’s going to turn into an AD vs. big money situation.

7 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Yeah the OL is probably the worst I’ve ever seen, which is very surprising considering who the coach is. We’ve usually done a good job of staying in games this year but the defense just imploded yesterday unlike anything they’ve done this year. Definitely the breaking point for Pittman’s tenure here.

Ironic thing is Malzahn is one of the first names mentioned who the boosters want to try to bring back here for the 100th time. Worried it’s going to turn into an AD vs. big money situation.

Who will win?  Gus did himself well with UCF’s performance yesterday. 

1 hour ago, gohogs14 said:

Im somewhat of a closet hogs fan due to working in Lowell. Northwest Arkansas has plenty of cash, the administration needs to stop meddling and get the right guy. 

2 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

You know, it was time for Malzahn to go when he left Auburn. But he's a good coach and he did some good things here. You can and probably will do a lot worse. 

2 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Who will win?  Gus did himself well with UCF’s performance yesterday. 

Personally I hope they don’t get Gus if Auburn plays Arky on a yearly basis it will be the one game that will get his full attention. 

23 minutes ago, e808 said:

Personally I hope they don’t get Gus if Auburn plays Arky on a yearly basis it will be the one game that will get his full attention. 

I hope they get him cause they will suck like we did with him. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cbo said:

I am happy and I never made any excuses. Again, I have been positive all over this thread. Then you randomly started on me for no reason. 

You should be more like your username. 

Damn it CBO are stirring up stuff again? Your fact-based, deep analytical approach just isn’t always appreciated by some.

Keep it up!!

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I hope they get him cause they will suck like we did with him. 

Idk, they may or may not suck but Auburn will be the team that he make sure he beats on a frequent basis. Hate Gus or love him he beat Arkansas on a frequent basis