I didn't know he was the OC

AUHansel

I didn't know this is Patrick Nix's second year as offensive coordinator at Ga Tech. I'm surprised no one has said anything about it, or at least I haven't seen anything about it.

Patrick Nix

Seems like I remember a few folks mentioning Patrick as an OC candidate for Auburn before we hired Borges (By "few folks" I mean fans/posters--don't think he was ever on the coaching staff's list of possibilities). Nothing against Patrick, but Borges was definitely a much better choice.

Since Nix is a member of the Auburn family, I wish him all the luck in the world (except of course this Saturday). But unlike some of our brethren in Tuscaloosa, I hope we never let being "a member of the family" take precedence over talent, experience, and proven success when hiring coaches. Now, if Patrick proves himself to be the genius Borges is at some point in the future, then I'd have no objection to hiring one of our own after Borges is gone.

Good luck on the rest of the season after Sept. 3rd, Patrick!

Not taking anything away from Nix but Chan Gailey calls the plays and basically runs the Tech offense in the same manner Mark Richt runs his own offense, though Neil Callaway is listed as the OC.

Chan was the Steeler's OC when they made it to the SuperBowel in 1995. Chan is a good OC. Of course it never hurt to have two 1000 yard rushers in the backfield.

Archived