*Official Auburn vs. New Mexico State Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Thus is embarrassing, but recruiting is all that matters 

Going to have to be much better then where we are now. Imagine what is going through Coleman’s head right now? 

Edited by DAG

Just now, AUbritt said:

So, is this Freeze's LaMonroe?

Doubt it, but we'll have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I hope you are agreeing… if losing to a G5 during a rebuilding year is worse to you than losing the NC after being up 2 scores? That ain’t ideal. 

@PigskinPat see this. 

I see it and it’s not even close. With a first year coach and coming off a  disastrous season the season prior, we lose in the national championship game to a Heisman trophy winning QB and an undefeated FSU team.

You honestly think that in any way compares to the embarrassment of this game?

8 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Coaches failed the players this game — Freeze better not throw them under the bus with the penalties excuse.  He and the coordinators own this embarrassment.  

Exactly. This O has been so poorly coached all year, but yet HF has no issue placing blame on the players. Honestly, I’m sick of hearing him speak already. Great job hiring another sub par coach that hasn’t proved anything anywhere. He based this whole season on being bowl eligible in year one. Well, BH made a bowl in year one too. AU will NEVER be relevant again in this league. Would love for someone to argue the point. 

8 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

From the real AU Fans and Alumni….

GFY.  

I know that was not directed at me but that was extremely immature and not in line with what you proclaim so much of the time.  

And don’t ever speak for a whole group of people.  Ever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Total embarrassment.  Whole team should be ashamed at this performance.  And don't blame it on the coaches.  They can't block, run or catch the ball.  Players should have just stayed in the dorm if this is the effort they were going to give.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Again, no argument.  But sometimes you play like s*** then make a key play or two when needed to pull it out anyway. That was one of those kinds of plays and it was hugely consequential. 

I get it, the whole game has been crap calls against Auburn but that was not what lost us the game, piss poor coaching lost us this game. That was just the cherry on the top, CHF and the coaching staff have done nothing this season at all, oh they beat some really bad teams, SMDH.

2 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

For those who hate Hugh Freeze---who would you have hired? We all see what Deion Sanders is doing in Colorado--just got the crap beat out of the Friday night. Cristobal? He's not exactly setting the world on fire in Miami? Lanning of Oregon? Why would he leave that gold mine? So, tell me---who would you have hired? 

I'm as disappointed as all on here. However, NMSU won 6 in a row, now looks like 7. Auburn won 3 in a row against crap. 

Not my job to hire the Coach. Send your inquiry to AD Cohen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

For those who hate Hugh Freeze---who would you have hired? We all see what Deion Sanders is doing in Colorado--just got the crap beat out of the Friday night. Cristobal? He's not exactly setting the world on fire in Miami? Lanning of Oregon? Why would he leave that gold mine? So, tell me---who would you have hired? 

I'm as disappointed as all on here. However, NMSU won 6 in a row, now looks like 7. Auburn won 3 in a row against crap. 

People act like Auburn can just phone anyone and people are chopping at the bits to come here. Lol We have been a program/department in disarray for decades. No great coach wants to risk it right now until we go years of proving we are better now.

Just now, roe4christ said:

Total embarrassment.  Whole team should be ashamed at this performance.  And don't blame it on the coaches.  They can't block, run or catch the ball.  Players should have just stayed in the dorm if this is the effort they were going to give.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d70zb1o9zqqbpwd9868g

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

I see it and it’s not even close. With a first year coach and coming off a  disastrous season the season prior, we lose in the national championship game to a Heisman trophy winning QB and an undefeated FSU team.

You honestly think that in any way compares to the embarrassment of this game?

Yes.

1 minute ago, roe4christ said:

So why even have coaches?

• Like 1

So they followed up a great game last week with the most horrendous defeat in Auburn football history.  Beat on both sides of the ball.  Couldn’t block, couldn’t tackle, couldn’t do anything right.  Awful.  Just awful.  

4 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Played keep away, D couldn’t get off the field, and our O was not consistent enough to put together drives when it mattered.  Needed to come out dominate to kill their confidence and instead theirs grew with each minute.

Pretty much. These new clock rules absolutely lean towards ball possession. Long and methodical scores=win. 

• Like 1

Just now, bishoptf said:

I get it, the whole game has been crap calls against Auburn but that was not what lost us the game, piss poor coaching lost us this game. That was just the cherry on the top, CHF and the coaching staff have done nothing this season at all, oh they beat some really bad teams, SMDH.

For the umpteenth time, this was not blaming the refs for this loss. It was calling out an egregious miss at a critical juncture that had massive consequences late in the game.