*Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread*

abw0004

2 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

A catch difference between the teams right now. Buckle up. Second half is about to be heated.

Unfortunately, they have the depth.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He did. JH was running right underneath and PT went for the guy completely covered.

Not only that it looks like PT could have ran it as well. Not sure if he would have got down in time though 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Keep hanging lights. Go buy more if you have to.

Will do. Thank you 😂 

• Haha 1

I know the TV and the replays tell a different story than being here in person.  Everyone is upset with the referees here.  Is it as bad on tv, or is it pretty fair?

6 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Typical iron bowl.

Ooo. That doesn’t sound good at all. Thank you 

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Kevin Steel is the ebst in the business in making halftime adjustments. I hope we dont come out with the same old offensive plan cause theyll be ready

How do you adjust a game plan for an offense that can’t even pass and catch?

Just now, abw0004 said:

I know the TV and the replays tell a different story than being here in person.  Everyone is upset with the referees here.  Is it as bad on tv, or is it pretty fair?

It has settled a little but the refs have missed some face masks. They’re allowing the turds to hold a ton, which lets Milroe loose, and they’ve given some generous sports to the gumps as well. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

I don't think it's bad other than the missed facemask. 

• Love 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Probably worse on TV because we get to see the refs screw us over and over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUApostle said:

Pretty well called game so far.  Blocking is as good as you can expect with this group. A passing game is really what’s preventing us from taking a bigger lead.

Yea, no passing game, I mean between the WR, TE and thorne nothing happens...

Just now, abw0004 said:

The only true egregious calls were the no face mask call on kick return and the no holding on the near sack near goalline. The others couldn't be overturned from call on the field but overall I like this staff better than last week.  Actually first I ever remember seeing this referee. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

It is terrible looking on TV, regarding the refs. Alabama continues to be the “Holding Champion” of the SEC. 
Refs are trying hard to help them,as well as our occasional mental lapses on Defense.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I don't think it's bad other than the missed facemask. 

There were 2 more plays with really egregious holding. But then it seemed to get a little better for the rest of the 2nd quarter.

• Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

The only true egregious calls were the no face mask call on kick return and the no holding on the near sack near goalline. The others couldn't be overturned from call on the field but overall I like this staff better than last week.  Actually first I ever remember seeing this referee. 

I would add the first down they did not get. You could see the marker in the background and the receiver never came close to getting to it. And they even reviewed it.

2 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

How do you adjust a game plan for an offense that can’t even pass and catch?

Ask me again when im getting paid 5 million a year to make adjustments

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Outside of the bad facemask it’s been pretty good. On that play that looked short if u rewind it u will see the nose of the ball just touch 11. There were three Auburn guys there and he should have been knocked backwards 

Just now, e808 said:

Outside of the bad facemask it’s been pretty good. On that play that looked short if u rewind it u will see the nose of the ball just touch 11. There were three Auburn guys there and he should have been knocked backwards 

Problem was the first down marker was sitting past the 11 yard line.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

A mixture of both. There’s a few calls that were hairline but fair. Then there’s been a few egregious and awful calls especially in the first quarter. The no call on the face mask was inexcusably bad,’especially since it forced us to play uber conservative on that drive. 
The review on the third down conversion was also awful. It probably should’ve stood as called, but they spent no time looking at it at all.

Edited by ScotsAU